Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on January 9, 2015
 Easy to put together and so much fun. Made our tree unique. I was showing our video of it to everyone and they all loved it. Sounds it makes is loud but I didn't mind it. At first I thought the tracks were too unsteady and flimsy for all three cars of the train so I only used two and it ran without any problems. I never added the third car since having two worked well enough. I did have to re-install to put the support beams where the tracks came together and that steadied it a bit. Since my tracks weren't the most level, I also had to hang a counterbalance on one of the support beams even though watching the train run on tracks that went up and down was fun! The balance problem may have been caused because our tree revolves at the same time the train was running. I may get another one next year to have two trains around the tree. Oh, if your tree top angel falls on the train and they both crash to the floor and the latch between the cars breaks, a twist tie really does work as a replacement lol (thank you to the reviewer who gave that tip). Train is surprisingly durable for the number of times it crashed to the floor.
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2017
Received quickly and not damaged..no complaints on ordering or delivery. Assembled and secured to the tree at 5ft height on a 7.5 ft tree so that none of the branches interfered with travel of the train. Started train and immediately became annoyed by the chintzy electronic sound of the voices and train sound with no way to turn volume off or down. Enjoyed the first couple trips around the tree, but the support braces had to be reinserted and the main support hub kept slipping down the metal pipe of the tree. After one hour of fiddling with this thing, took it down to regift to one of the grandchildren. Got out my old train and put it UNDER the tree.
on December 28, 2014
We have had this tree train for about 20 years until last year when I forgot to remove the piece that attaches to the tree before I threw away our old tree to make way for a new one. Even after 20 years we still got steam from the engine every once in a while. When I saw it being offered less than I paid for it 20 years ago I had to buy the replacement.

It is fairly easy to put together, but the most important thing to take into consideration is where to put the sleeve you attach to the tree. It has to be in a spot where the tree branch lengths are not so long that the track is lost in the branches or so short the track sticks way out past the tree. Finding the sweet spot is the trick. Putting the posts that hold the track can also be a bit tricky. They take a fair amount of pressure to put them into the sleeve and then to attach the track. I was always afraid I was going to break the plastic putting it together, but with some care never did. Also, make sure the track is level as the little train really can't go up hill.

You can set the train to continuously circle the tree until you stop it (and it whistles as it goes), or you can set it to make about 2 1/2 trips around and stop until you press the button again.

Overall, good value for the money.
on January 30, 2018
This is a good Christmas tree train set. I like that it can adjust to different sized trees. It has two speed settings and has some audio effects which is cool. It is a bit flimsy in my opinion. But you get what you pay for most times. Anyhow it made a great addition to my beautiful upside down tree last year. And I must say everyone enjoyed seeing my tree come to life. Literally.

Oh by the way I painted the train set myself as I wanted it to match with my rooms theme. The seller doesn't have color options for this,lol. Which is why I improvised.
review image
on November 20, 2015
This train is great for our purposes - It stays steady propped up in the middle of our tree, and it runs smoothly! However, we plan to paint it and snip the sound cords, a DIY project to turn it into the Hogwarts Express.
The train has three parts- the head, caboose, and middle car. It's got great detail on the coal car, and the head train - it looks like a real train!
I would not purchase this train as it is, because it makes a horrible prerecorded sound that is very loud and screechy.
on November 21, 2016
Awesome, kids love it. Looks great. Trying to find for 3 years, glad I found it. Now that it's up, I ordered a second for another tree. Mom loved it too when she stopped by today.
on January 30, 2014
My husband has had this little train for several years and he loves it at Christmas time. For a couple of years he tried to put it in the tree, and I must say, that was less than successful. That was probably due to our using Cedar trees from our property, rather than pine trees with nice center trunks. Still not convinced that the "Train in the Tree" will actually work.

This year, when unpacked, several pieces of track were broken. He patched them up and ran his train anyway, but I thought he deserved an new one. Not expensive and pretty cute for running around the tree. Our granddaughters even pile up presents to make tunnels for the train to run through. A nice addition to their (and our) Christmas traditions!
on December 18, 2016
Extremely excited to have found another "tree train" but horribly disappointed to open it and find out it doesn't work! It makes the sound but won't make its run around the track (short or long). Our toddler who is in love with trains cries that he just wants his train to "go round round". This lemon is getting returned!
on February 11, 2018
always wanted a train for under my xmas tree finally got one
on December 8, 2015
The train itself is great. The track and supports are cheap and flimsy. The supports do not simply "snap" together easily (plastic), and there is concern that something will break in the process. Before we put it up next year we will see if we make everything more stable. Once we got it all rigged up and running in the (real) tree, it looked amazing. Grandbaby is going to love it.