Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass Paperback – October 19, 2010
|New from||Used from|
Up to 50% off select Teen and YA books
Featured titles are up to 50% off for a limited time. See all titles
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
2. Strong Heroines. Isabelle is definitely a strong female character, and so is Clary, but Clary makes some mistakes. We get to watch her grow over the course of the books, make her way, come into her own. She makes good choices - she makes poor choices. She's relatable. She's feisty. I want her for a friend.
3. Secondary Characters. There's not one token character anywhere in this entire series. All are multi-dimensional, richly drawn, vital, and each one serves at least a dual purpose. Even the Church the Cat.
4. Setting/imagery/worldbuiling/kick ass writing. You can see the lights of the Manhattan skyline and smell the scent of crisp apples and night blooming flowers. You can feel the weight of the weapon in your hand, the bass thumping against the walls of the club, the pressure of the stele as it draws the rune on your skin, and the crack in your heart as it begins to break. Whether New York City or Idris, you are THERE.
5. The covers. Do you SEE THEM? Aren't they PRETTY?
6. The fans. Best fans ever. Because we LOVE IT.
7. Cassie. She's a doll. She is vigilant about interacting with fans. She answers questions frequently on Twitter, has a Google group that she's very actively involved in, and she blogs on Live Journal as well. You can get more information about how to connect with her on her website.
8. The graphic novels!Read more ›
I believe it was shear fate that I read these books. You see, it started a few weeks ago while on vacation in Florida. Those pesky flights can be somewhat underwhelming. Waiting in airport terminals is boring. Airplane seats are very uncomfortable. And there is something just simply unnerving about being 32,000 feet in the air in a rocking tube. I'm not a bird. That scares me. So, I try my best to divert my attention. With my nifty smart phone in hand before take off, I reached out to the closest E-book store armed with Starbucks in hand. And thus the adventure began.
All three books are on all sorts of recommended reading lists. I've seen them before while browsing through Barnes and Noble. Certainly the covers all look great. I know, I know... You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover. But these really looked NEAT! None the less my interest was peeked, so I downloaded the first book.
What the Books Are About:
I don't want to give too much of the storyline away. It's hard not to. The plot line has been done before. Let's face it, nothing is original anymore. Boy meets girl. Boy has super powers. Girl has super powers. Insert struggle here. There are a few fights here and there. Good wins triumphantly. That's about the most I'm going to give away.
But what makes this series so interesting? What's so special? The little tweaks in the plot line are all sorts of fun.Read more ›
BTW, every time she writes "[so and so] threw up [his/her] hands..." I picture the character vomiting up a pair of hands. Every. Single. Time. It's time to drop that turn of phrase. Ugh.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a good series. Can be a bit predictable at times but it's still a good read. Without giving anything away, the relationship between the two main characters gets really... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Katie
I am addicted to this series. Love the writing and the characters.Published 6 months ago by Sharon Haste
If you are looking for an adventure with angels, demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and fairies then you should really read this series.Published 7 months ago by TBKTBK
Own all of Ms Clare books. Really looking forward to new releases.Published 8 months ago by Lemon Drop
I am now reading the fourth book. I have enjoyed each and every book. from the first page until the last. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Carol Gentzkokw