Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on July 25, 2015
I've found MK:A to be a very entertaining game and the Wii version is the superior choice. While lacking the online capability(which at this point is dead for all 3 systems anyways) it has several extra modes, an extra character in the form of Khameleon, motion controls for special moves and compatibility with both classic and Gamecube controllers.
The game itself has a wealth of replay value with 61 characters to choose from, a custom character creator, a beat-em-up style adventure mode, a kart racing game, and plenty of unlockable content. My only real gripe is the new fatality system, if only because it's less memorable than the iconic fatalities of old(but still a lot of fun) and how all fighters now have 2 fighting styles instead of 3, both decisions made because of memory limitations. My favorite feature is definitely the custom creator for cathartic purposes like designing one after someone I hate, or putting myself or someone also awesome in the game like Akuma from Street Fighter. Be warned, though, you can only save one at a time. Again, a quite entertaining package overall.
on September 2, 2013
I have played MK:A on the PS2 and it was a fun game to play against my cousins. The konquest mode is somewhat fun(although I actually liked the deception one better)and overall is a solid fighting game. It is NOT like MK, MKII, and MK3/UMK3, it has 3d movement not 2d, so you can't run and its all like a martial arts fighting game rather than classic MK. I already knew this however and got this game because I like to collect games and this is a must have for MK fans because:

1) Has every MK fighter in existence up to that point which was 2006-2007
2) many unlockables
3) Kreate-a-fighter has many options
4) Its the last MK of that era so it is worth to have if you missed MK:DA or MK: D

However, if you are not a hardcore MK fan and look past the fact that its MK, then in all honesty this game will get dull after a while for others, but still a great buy considering that not many fighting games are on Wii
on September 22, 2010
This is one of my favorite fighting games. What really intrigues me about Armageddon, as well as all the previous titles, is the story. I won't get into details, but it adds depth to what would otherwise be simply a game with a bunch of random people ripping other people's limbs off. The character roster is a huge plus; 63 fighters, plus your personal fighter you create. Each fighter has their own unique fighting styles and special moves. It's also cool to see that you can now fight in the air! My biggest complaint with the arcade mode was the character endings. The animations are virtually similar (each character "dancing" on top of a pyramid), with commentary being spoken. I miss the endings with artwork being displayed. The create-a-fatality feature is pretty cool, but it takes away some of the individuality of the characters, some of which have well-known finishing moves.

The create-a-fighter feature is a really cool addition. I was always wanting to make my own personal fight to use in these games and am glad they finally made this feature. You can control every detail of your character, which I like. I kind of wish they included more options with the weapon your character uses (you can only use a limited number of swords and axes).

The motor kombat mode is a great addition, giving you the option to race mortal kombat style. However, the character selection, as well as the track selection, is limited. While it is fun to see other racers flying of the track or getting squashed, it would have been nice to see more variety.

Overall, I really liked this game. The opening movie alone was enough for me to buy it! I recommend this game to anyone who liked the previous two titles, Deadly Alliance and Deception, as well as any mortal kombat fan period!
on September 8, 2010
I received Mortal Combat with the Wii last Saturday and have not stopped playing it yet!!!
It is a very fun and exciting game with a huge amount of play time and there are several formats to play on:
`Conquest' is an adventure mode where you get to tackle different goals and learn to fight in the process.
`Endurance' is a game where you play against as many opponents as you can without dying.
`Arcade' is a game where you get to play succeeding opponents with the goal of beating the final `monster' at the end.
Motor combat is a game where you drive and kill opponents that way.
There is also `create a fighter' mode where you get to design the perfect fighter. The best part is that you get to earn tokens as you go along. The tokens can be used to buy outfits and even moves that are more and more devastating. You get to assign moves to the character that you created and the more tokens that you have the more powerful your fighter will be. You can choose to play with blood or without. If you choose blood, the fatalities are more devastating.
"It's so fun even adults would like to play it! My mom doesn't play any of my other games except this one", says my son.:) Both he and I play this game as often as time allows.
If you like strategy games, car games, adventure games, and violent games made non-violent then you'll Mortal Combat!!!
on March 21, 2011
I'll admit, I hesitate with fighting games because I often abandon executing combos for random button-pressing when things get hectic. LOL. (However, I didn't chicken out & quit until my 3rd round in the arcade tournament, LOL.) I like the fact that you get to create your own coded profile & make your own fighter; you have to earn "koins" by fighting to afford most of the nice customizations, though, but you do get some nice stuff for free for your character. There are lots of classic MK players to fight with, & once you win a round, your created player becomes available to fight with. You play with the Wii remote & the Nunchuk, btw; the Nunchuk is mainly used to pull out/put up weapons & move around/duck. Of course there are practice & skill-building stages for each character so you can get their moves down-pat. Even though I shy away from fighting games, I do enjoy this one & hope to build enough skill & confidence to beat a whole tournament.
on March 7, 2015
My son really enjoys this game, and within the limits of the Wii it plays really well for him. Some of the levels are very challenging for him, but he still keeps playing it. The only issue I take at all is that the initial set up to log in and save stuff is much more complicated than it needs to be. My special-needs son needed help, and even with a parent it was baffling at first why things did not work as expected. Once set up, though, the game was fine.
on April 16, 2017
The game came in a day early and the game play is great. The case is in good condition. It runs nicely. Very nice job. I've already almost beat it. :)
on January 15, 2017
Grew up on the original MK on a Sega Genesis (showing my age now, aren't I??) & was so happy when I got back into gaming and found this was made for the Wii! It's a different experience playing on this platform, but that doesn't mean I don't love it any less :)
on March 13, 2017
Meh, nothing to write home about. I miss the originals.
on September 6, 2009
Great MK game, tons of fighters, awesome create a fighter, great storyline complete with conquest mode. You can play a full MK adventure game along with a normal full featured mortal Kombat fighting game experience. Also this one has a really cool stage trap system that provides some gruesome results to those who end up in them. Great game and it even works with Wii U.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.