Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 2, 2014
I used to own the regular edition then traded it for Call of Duty Black Ops. I figured I'll get it back when they release the Komplete Edition. Took a little longer then expected but now that I finally have it back and after playing all the other fighting games on Xbox 360. I can easily say this is one of the best. Graphics, Sound and all the technical stuff is very tight. 4 player tag team mode to boot, local or over xbox live. I love the extra characters and I especially love how button mashers get their cheap little butts handed to them.

If your new to this game YOU are in luck. You get no cheap Capcom crap here. This is the version to own and you don't have to worry about Nether Realm Studio releasing Ultra Mortal Kombat Complete edition *cough* capcom you suck. 4 More characters which are well done, Freddy Krueger being my favorite, plus 15 Classic outfits. C'mon Freddy Krueger, time to make the kiddies cry.
on June 28, 2014
I like the feel of this game, the controls and all. I don't really like some of the button configuration they did though. It's like they copied the buttons from UMK3 or any game from the MK Kollection for special moves but changed the basic function of each button. Like for example, for Xbox, X is HP and A is LP in UMK3, but X is "front punch" and Y is "back punch" in this game. So the punches are on the top row instead of the left column. And for some characters the special moves match the old buttons but not the function. For example, sub-zero's freeze is the same, down forward A, but now it's really down forward kick instead of down forward punch; so that's sort of dumb.

It's easier to perform finishing moves in this game, I think. You seem to get more time and it's not as strict about where the player is, because it will slide the character a bit to make it work. I thought it didn't matter what side you are on for the finishing move, but it does; its just that it shows you exactly how to do them in the moves list. If you press start and check out the move list, you'll see the finishing moves with the rest of the moves. And the list will automatically know what side you are on. So you should do exactly what it says. If it says left on the d-pad then press left on the d-pad. You don't have to worry about what side you are on, and so never do the opposite or whatever, because it automatically changes the direction of the arrows.

With the new Xbox controllers, and probably with PlayStation's too, it is easier to perform SF down forward LP or "Hadouken" type moves for games but not MK back back LP type moves. For example, Scorpion's spear is harder to do with the main d-pad, so for me it's easier with the classic d-pad. In this game, some the special moves controls were replaced with "Hadouken" type controls but others remain the back back type. So for these, and especially finishing moves, I use the classic d-pad.

I like the new costumes but like the old ones too. Well, in this game, maybe with bonus or DLC add-ons, but I think free with the Komplete Edition, you can choose alternative costumes. For example, you can pick reptile in a regular green ninja outfit with a human face and Ermac in a red ninja outfit too. The alternative costumes are usually MK1; that's fine, but I rather have it MK2 outfits. Special characters have no alternative costumes (rain would be good to have in MK1 or MK2 outfit).

This game has been out for a while and one could just look on the internet or read other reviews about how many characters there are, types of finishing moves (yes, there are babalities but not friendships), or different game modes. I just wanted to give a good review since I liked this game a lot. I like the classic 2D-feel too and other stuff about this game.
on June 18, 2012
This game is awesome! I love how they added,not ONLY extra characters,but also some classic fatalities and classic character costumes as well.I thought it was really cool to be able to play as the unmasked Sub-Zero,from MK3 again.I also love how they brought back Sub-Zero's classic spine rip fatality,that was from the original MK game,released back in 1992.The new character's fatalities are pretty wicked too.My fav is Kenshi's,where he throws his sword in the ground,then pushes his victim head first,into the blade of the sword.Ouch! Talk about a major headache! Freddy is pretty bad a** too.Only thing that kinda confuses me,is why does ol' Fred have his glove on both hands? I found that a bit strange.You could tell that they used the newer looking Freddy that's in the remake version of NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET,and not Robert Englund's version.Which is kind of a bummer.But overall,the game is very fun,and one of the best MK games of all time.If you're a fan of fighting games,you'll love this!
on March 9, 2014
I haven't tried all the different game modes this title makes available, but with a few good friends, we had a blast beating the crap out of each other! The graphics are stunning. The action is smooth. There are a ton of characters, with too many moves to memorize. Some are old favorites that were a blast to rediscover. We printed up a few copies of all their moves from the internet, and we all ended up being able to hold our own, using various styles. Of course, when you go online, be prepared to get your buttocks handed to you unless you are seriously elite. But for this group of guys hanging around with a few beers- This was a top-notch investment!
on May 18, 2016
I have always been a huge mortal kombat fan. I bought me an xbox 360 and this game was a must have. The story line was interesting and challenging. I've never played with Jason so of course he was the first character I played . If you don't have this game it is a must buy!
on December 22, 2016
Game plays, no signs of scratches or anything like that but you have to load it twice. Meaning if you click on story mode for example, it loads up but then goes back to the main menu and you have to press it again. To be honest im not sure if its the console or the discbut i dont have this problem with any other disc.
on May 15, 2014
Fans of the original series should be pleased. The fighting is fantastic and feels just like how it did on the Genesis days. The campaign is also very entertaining with a very satisfying story and cut scenes. There are also so many different things to do besides all of that. Mini games galore in this game: The ladder, unlockable items from the graveyard, no to mention Freddy Krueger is in it! Any Mortal Kombat fan would approve. Solid 5/5 and one of the best games on the console.
on March 23, 2016
I'm probably in the minority, but I really enjoy single-player mode in fighting games, and this game is superb with the amount of content in that regard. It's great in multiplayer as well.
on December 27, 2013
When my friends come over we always find ourselves playing this game. Hope they have an xbox one version soon. Couldn't beat the price either. Only thing was when I ordered it through amazon they shipped it in an envelope, instead of a box. So it was inevitable that the case was going to be damaged as I assumed stuff was going to be piled on it, and it was, a crack and a piece fell off, but the game was fine. Highly recommend!
on December 4, 2013
Extremely high value for $20 if you love Mortal Kombat. Story mode was a rehash from the original MK's, but it was done very well. Tag Team play is awesome, good tutorial. Anyone who is b!tchin can go play Marvel Vs Capcom. Any MK fan from back in the day should pick this up.

***Warning- this game is for adults, if you have kids have them play a kid game with lots of bright colors, bad music, and crapp graphics.....(AKA: Marvel Vs Capcom)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.