Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Playstation 3
- Ultimate and iconic fighting arenas, from both the DC Universe and Mortal Kombat side
- The single player mode that pits Mortal Kombat warriors against heroes and villains from the DC Universe.
- Each character on the roster possesses unique attacks to take down opponents and finishing moves to put them away for good.
- All-new fighting mechanics: Freefall Kombat, where players you battle in mid-air while falling from one arena into the next
- 2-player multiplayer Supports both locally and online.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
For the first time ever Scorpion, Sub-Zero and the Mortal Kombat warriors battle with Batman, Superman and other popular DC Universe Super Heroes. Choose your side and challenge your opponents with a new fighting system including Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat along with dynamic multi-tiered environments. Plus, pick your favorite character from MK or DCU and pursue a fighting adventure in the new single player mode with an intertwined storyline and two unique perspectives.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The graphics aren't too bad, but there are some spots where it is almost painfully under par (e.g. at the crux of the arm/inside of the elbows where the arms bend, it almost looks like a plastic toy). The animation isn't the best, either. I've definitely seen worse, but I do expect better from the machine that is supposed to be the biggest baddest thing on the market.
2) The voice actors really stink. I don't think there is a single character in the game where I could say that the voice actor was good quality.
3) There isn't really any plot in the storyline
4) Arcade mode is exactly what you would expect and delivers in classic Mortal Kombat style.
5) Combos just don't work the way they're supposed to. After attempting the combat challenge, I can say that you have to be way too exact with the timing of your button-pressing for most of the combos to work. It becomes extremely frustrating very quickly.
And that is it from me on this game. I am waiting to receive the game guide that I bought from Amazon, as well. We'll see if maybe reading up on this game helps the enjoyment. So, look for my Mortal Kombat vs DCU game guide review in the not too distant future.
I like the merge of DC characters both villain & hero as well as the Mortal Combat characters. The violent finish moves are toned out of the game so that younger children (6 and up) are not affected by on screen character bloodshed. My only grievances are the story mode is long because you cant skip through dialogue. Also it would be cool to have a 2player story mode option on this game but obviously, being an old game I'm just ranting right now. Other than that I like the gameplay. It reminds me of the days I'd go to the arcade or pizza shop to play these old games.
Was not a bad investment as I and my kids play this game all the time.
Still, if you are a fan of Mortal Kombat, then this might be for you. It has a roster of familiar characters, which Combat moves that should be familiar to you as well. Plus, it adds new unique characters such as Superman and Batman, to fight with, each with MKish combat moves.
A good fighter, but poor Storybased fighter..so, it really depends on what you are looking for in a game.
I did not like first of all, the fighting environments. For the most part they are just really plain and boring. Also, running through walls and jumping off buildings I thought was stupid and should not be a part of the game. There are a ton of moves which I guess can be good, but for the most part it's a button masher, so that doesn't really matter. I did like how the characters would progressively look more beat up.
Note that I really didn't give this game a great chance. I stopped playing after the moves got stale. I'm not a fighting game person. From my experience this was not great, not as good as what I heard from reviews and just disappointing.
Top reviews from other countries
Anche il papà ha apprezzato il gioco 🤭
Grazie anche al venditore che è stato molto disponibile