BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 17, 2012
Well, I watched a YouTube review of this game before buying it and I was successfully convinced to take the plunge. I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since Mortal Kombat II on the Sega Genesis. But, I thought I'd give it a try. So far I haven't played all the way through the game, but I have made some observations:

1) The graphics aren't too bad, but there are some spots where it is almost painfully under par (e.g. at the crux of the arm/inside of the elbows where the arms bend, it almost looks like a plastic toy). The animation isn't the best, either. I've definitely seen worse, but I do expect better from the machine that is supposed to be the biggest baddest thing on the market.

2) The voice actors really stink. I don't think there is a single character in the game where I could say that the voice actor was good quality.

3) There isn't really any plot in the storyline

4) Arcade mode is exactly what you would expect and delivers in classic Mortal Kombat style.

5) Combos just don't work the way they're supposed to. After attempting the combat challenge, I can say that you have to be way too exact with the timing of your button-pressing for most of the combos to work. It becomes extremely frustrating very quickly.

And that is it from me on this game. I am waiting to receive the game guide that I bought from Amazon, as well. We'll see if maybe reading up on this game helps the enjoyment. So, look for my Mortal Kombat vs DCU game guide review in the not too distant future.
on April 9, 2011
Before I bought this game I heard opinions of this game being good and other saying it was bad. I'm glad I found out it is a very nice game. I've been a Mortal Kombat player since I was a kid, so this set of characters is very appealing, plus Batman, & the Joker make it awesome.

I haven't played the game very deeply but I've played the Story Mode for some time and also with my friends and playing against them is just awesome!

The graphics are not the best you'll see and are lacking at some points but they're not horrible either. The combat system, though it's a bit far from the early Mortal Kombat games, is very well done and hooks you as you learn better the moves of the characters.

In general it is a very well done game that most shurely won't disapoint and will give you great adrenaline-packed fights.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this game for my 10 year old son for Christmas. I shopped around for awhile and I went to various websites and I found the best deal here on Amazon. So I'm already happy with that!
But as for the game... well I know my son loves it. We have the PS3 and thus this game is for that console. He spend quite awhile playing by himself and with his 15 year old brother and year old sister. The characters are really exceptionally drawn. The women are perhaps a bit to robust in certain areas but they can whoop on the guys just the same! There are a number of combos that are simple to follow even for my 7 years old. Dad and I I even join in the action and it really reminds me of the original MK. The characters available to choose from are awesome. You have "bad guys" Joker, Baraka, Scorpion, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor and good guys like Sub-Zero, Batman, Superman, Flash, Jax, Wonder Woman. Of course I haven't named them all here but you get the idea. I would recommend the game to anyone who enjoys the face to face matches and enjoyed games like Streetfighter, Tekken, or Marvel vs Capcom.
on May 25, 2017
Great game great graphics and fighting moves its bit light on characters especially on the mortal Komat side but the action is awsome
on February 7, 2011
I got this game on a whim. I wanted a fun game that wasn't too much into story lines. This game is pretty cool if you're into the crossover fighting game genre. Mortal Kombat and DC both have brought some great characters to the game. The story mode was the part I was excited for most. You choose Mortal Kombat or DC, and you follow different characters through the game's story line. While most would question the actually credibility of the story line, it's decent and provides some great cutscenes. The nonstop fight/cutscene combination of the story mode really makes it intriguing, and you might actually beat one of the story modes in one sitting. I played through the DC one first and really enjoyed playing through all the characters as a nice intro. The arcade mode brings back the challenge of fighting through all the characters in the game, but you can choose exclusively fighting against MK or DC character or a mix of both. The Kombo Challenge mode is very interesting, but can be difficult if you can't get the timing of the combos down. The online play is still very well alive, but a lot of people just sit there and play cheaply, taking the fun out of it. Overall, this game is really fun for parties or having friends over, but the single player aspect of the game doesn't stay fun very long. If you want a cool fighting game with a great story mode, pick this up. The price is perfect for a game that's fun for as long as it lasts.
on May 29, 2014
Great game lots of fun. Right now its at a great price. The sad part is at the end of May 2014 the game servers are going down forever and most of the game will not be playable. If you wait until after that date then you will get the game much cheaper but only be able to play with friends locally on your own console all of the online multi player functionality will be gone! I got it before that date because I wanted to earn all the trophies before the servers went down. Yes thats right if you want the trophies for this game after 05/31/2014 you will not be able to earn any of the online trophies. You can still earn the local or single player trophies. I just hate not getting all the trophies in a game though!
on April 1, 2010
First off, I will go ahead and allow everyone to categorize me before reading my review. I was a kid when the first Mortal Kombat came out on Genesis and thought it was awesome. I really liked the second one as well, the third one pissed me off, and the 4th one for N64 was pretty much impossible to play. I haven't played Mortal Kombat since the one for N64 came out, which was probably about 15 years ago if my memory serves me right. I liked Street Fighter 2 when it came out, and couldn't stand any iteration of it since. Tekken to me was retarded because all of my friends played it like it was some kind of drug, and I could pick up a controller and mash buttons on it and win and they would just get mad as hell at me. To me, that kind of game is pointless. I haven't bought a fighting game since I got the Wu tang clan game for Playstation which was hilarious if not frustrating to no end. I was skeptical about buying a fighting game I hadn't played yet, as it seems every one that comes out is boring or stupid or just not fun at all. I got this game on Amazon for like 20 bucks and after reading the reviews on here it sounded like something I would like. It is. This is probably the most fun fighting game I have ever played. It perfectly (to me) combines what I loved about the old mortal kombat and SF games with the new (again, to me) style of figting games that I don't much care for, but have to respect their controls and graphics. This game has it all. It has the flashy, cool looking special moves that Mortal Kombat was famous for, and it eliminates the majority of the frustrating parts (i.e. the infinite sweep, etc.) It's controls are very good, and I never feel like it's just not doing what I want it to do. The moves are not overcomplicated, so someone like me who can't sit in their mothers basement for 25 hours a day playing constantly to master every player can actually perform moves and combo's that look cool and are effective. Having said that, my wife can sit down to play with me (heh heh heh) and she can figure out a couple moves and use those in combination with mashing the buttons and still hold her own against me. I win more than lose, but she can still get me with about 10 hits in a row before I can figure out what to do to break away. We both have a lot of fun playing this game, and really enjoy the graphics and controls. It's violent enough to not make you feel like you're playing tekken and the fatalies are cool even though they're toned down. I would sacrifice some violence to get to beat up superman with barakka. The story was cheesy, but good for a fighting game, and entertaining at the least. One more thing to note is, if you get whipped by the computer in story mode, it will progressively get easier to beat until you win, and which point it will start getting harder again until you lose, etc. I found this seemingly small detail totally eliminated all of the frustration I usually feel when playing against the computer in a fighting game. I would recommend this to anyone who is a casual gamer that wants a solid fighting game in thier collection that will not only keep their interest, but look really cool and be a lot of fun to play.

Update:
Online play is pretty much completely retarded as all anyone ever does is pick the flash and do his infinite combo over and over. Not fun at all.
on March 2, 2014
It's a fighter with a storyline. I originally picked this up after playing "Injustice: Gods among us", which I enjoyed. This game, while similar is vastly different, which should be expected. The story line is weak, and is a sad excuse to figure out a way to force DC comics with Mortal Kombat characters.

Still, if you are a fan of Mortal Kombat, then this might be for you. It has a roster of familiar characters, which Combat moves that should be familiar to you as well. Plus, it adds new unique characters such as Superman and Batman, to fight with, each with MKish combat moves.

A good fighter, but poor Storybased fighter..so, it really depends on what you are looking for in a game.
on August 1, 2017
The game was like new and worked fine...A++
on May 15, 2013
I loved Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, etc. fighting games when they were new so this game is definitely a thumbs up in my book.
I like the merge of DC characters both villain & hero as well as the Mortal Combat characters. The violent finish moves are toned out of the game so that younger children (6 and up) are not affected by on screen character bloodshed. My only grievances are the story mode is long because you cant skip through dialogue. Also it would be cool to have a 2player story mode option on this game but obviously, being an old game I'm just ranting right now. Other than that I like the gameplay. It reminds me of the days I'd go to the arcade or pizza shop to play these old games.

Was not a bad investment as I and my kids play this game all the time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.