Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

97%

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on February 25, 2017
I bought this to give to an adult English as a Second Language student. She absolutely adores it. We've read it twice. It made her cry because she sympathizes with Harriet so much. And my student is very religious, so she loves Harriet talking with God. It also encouraged her in her own writing.

The illustrations are beautiful and tell the story even without the words - good for teaching extensive reading.

I can't say how the book would go over with kids, but this teacher and her low intermediate student give it four enthusiastic thumbs up.
on June 15, 2017
Great book and easy for children to read and understand.
on September 23, 2016
This is so beautiful and lyrically written.. Buy this book to honor a true heroine of slavery. My 4 year olds loved it and i loved reading it. This is our 10th slavery book and my favorite along with "Henrys Freedom Box". If your wondering how to talk to your kids about slavery times, this is a good start.
on August 14, 2016
Love this book!
on November 18, 2016
This book is very touching and inspirational. I enjoy reading it to my 5-yr old.
on April 25, 2016
Used this book for a 4th grade music performance. Wonderful book for students to be led into learning more about Harriet Tubman.
on December 14, 2015
Great read and would be a good addition to the classroom.
on July 29, 2015
Could give this book 10 stars! The message and illustrations are very powerful-
on February 15, 2017
I loved the interaction between God and Harriet. It's an inspiring story about faith and perseverance. My son and I truly enjoy this book!
on September 10, 2014
I was very happy with this book, as well as my children. My husband, who had studied a great deal of Harriet's life, found it too simple. Being that this is a child's book, I feel that it was done just right for story time with the kids.