Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Moshi ClearGuard MB for Pro 13",15",17" White MacBook (2009) MB air 13" US Layout (99MO021901)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High precision molding allows for unparalleled tactile response
- Made with durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane
- Completely washable and reusable
- Measures 0.1mm thin (one-fifth the thickness of silicone protectors)
- High transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Moshi ClearGuard MB for Pro 13",15",17" White MacBook (2009) MB air 13" US Layout (99MO021901)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sherry Neilson Neilson||Long Jincai||Amazon.com||UPPERCASE Designs||Tri State Camera||Mosiso|
|Item Dimensions||5.79 x 15.35 x 0.12 in||5 x 12 x 0.1 in||5.25 x 12 x 0.1 in||0.1 x 12 x 5 in||14 x 6 x 0.3 in||5 x 13 x 0.2 in|
Fits: MacBook Pro 17", MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display, MacBook Pro 13",MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display , MacBook Air 13" ,MacBook 13" (2009)
Top customer reviews
Here are my general observations.
1. In my experience they don't slip around at. all. I have experienced this unpleasant effect with cheaper lighter covers. The moshi covers are just firm enough to cling well to the keys, whereas thinner covers can be pushed out of place.
2. They do become slightly more opaque and yellow with age. But that is after errr... (somewhere longer than 6 and shorter than 9) years! And surely at that point, you have gotten your $20 out of it, and can get a replacement, if you're super into keeping up appearances with your faintly-retro laptop.
3. They significantly soften the sound of your keystrokes, and I prefer the way the keys have a bit more grip. Whenever mine is drying after a wash, I feel like the clatter of my fingernails is going to drive me mad.
4. While not thick or inflexible, they do not wear out like cheaper covers do. They do eventually develop scuff marks where your fingers fall the most (I see these as honorable scars, like when you wear the printed letters off a keyboard, and feel super cool for being... err... for spending too much time on a computer) but on a cheaper cover, my fingers will eventually wear right through the plastic, creating holes.)
5. Whether you are a "messy" computer user or not, dust and particles accumulate. There is no need to get snotty about people who need covers and people who do not. It's my feeling that I prefer to wash a keyboard cover than fiddle around with fishing dust bunnies from the cracks in my keys, but each to their own. My caveat is that, if you use a bit of soap on your cover, be very very very stingy, because it is pretty hard to rinse all the soap off again. This, as one reviewer pointed out, is what is leaving the opaque finish after people wash. ALSO, if you don't get it all off, the remaining soap will coat your keyboard keys with a glossy veneer, which is understandably difficult to rinse off. So, don't be like me and squirt a healthy dollop of dishsoap, rinse for an hour, get bored, convince yourself it's good enough, then not be completely rid of the soap for <to be determined.>
The tactile feel of my touch typing with the protector in place is slightly 'dulled'... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But I got used to it within in a few emails and documents. I guess if I were typing a long document I could take the protector off to improve the key speed and feel for a couple hours, but then I'd probably have a muffin and a cup of green tea next to me and then would be worried about crumbs and spills gettin between the cracks! I have experienced the occasional 'lift' or 'flip' other reviewers mention when my fingers brush the outer edge too fast or the wrong way, but usually it's just a corner that comes up , and it falls right back into place, it's not the entire protector coming off the keyboard and getting out of alignment or anything like that.
For the peace of mind and the full backlighting of the keys, this washable protector is staying in place
Photo shows my Macbook with the Moshi cover on it.