Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.99 shipping
Mosquito Magnet MM4100 Patriot Mosquito Trap
|Price:||$330.09 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$19.90 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Silent and odorless attracts and captures mosquitoes and other biting insects like midges, black flies and no-see-ums
- Great for use in large yards up to 1 acre in size; operate 24 hours a day , 7 days a week for optimal performance
- Patented CounterFlow Technology emits a plume of CO2, heat, and moisture -- attracts and traps mosquitoes, keeping them away from you
- Includes self contained rigid net to secure and eliminate interaction with insects and allows for easy disposal
- Includes 50-foot low voltage cord & lawn clips to secure cord
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Mosquito Magnet Patriot Trap
The Mosquito Magnet Patriot is easy to setup and operate, so it's easier for you to relax and enjoy your yard free from mosquitoes. With over 15 patents and 2 decades of research, the technology contained in the Patriot is proven effective at breaking mosquito breeding cycles.
The Mosquito Magnet Patriot trap protects up to one full acre of land and is backed by Mosquito Magnet's exclusive 360 degree customer support program, so you can confidently win your battle against mosquitoes. Heavy duty plastics and marine-grade materials make this trap idea for even the harshest of environments.
Consistent 24/7 mosquito protection
As one of the best mosquito traps in America, Mosquito Magnet has a big reputation to live up to. Mosquito Magnet prides itself on being the only long-term solution that is scientifically proven to effectively control mosquitoes. But what really matters is what people who have used Mosquito Magnet have to say [or better yet show] about the products. This is proof that a Mosquito Magnet can help you put mosquitoes in their place.
Mosquito Magnet traps work by mimicking the way humans attract mosquitoes. Through its exclusive patented CounterFlow technology the trap converts propane into CO2, mixes it with the precise level of heat, moisture and attractant to lure mosquitoes to the trap and then vacuums mosquitoes into the net where they dehydrate and die.
Mosquito Magnet traps are backed by over 20 years of research and 15 patents that make the traps technologically advanced.
Extra-Long Power Cord
A 50-foot, 12-volt power cord is supplied with your Mosquito Magnet Patriot. The ideal proper placement of the trap is away from your outdoor living areas, but near the mosquitoes' breeding and resting areas. Lawn clips are provided to help secure your power cord and reduce any potentially hazardous conditions that a loose cord could create in your lawn.
At a glance:
- 50 foot power cord
- Easy setup
- Rigid net
- 1-Acre coverage
- 1-Year warranty
Self-contained rigid net
The Patriot's Mosquito Magnet Net is engineered to maximize unblocked airflow - critical to the performance of the trap. This net allow for easy disposal and replacement with any direct contact with dead insects. Change every 21 days for optimal performance.
Choosing the right attractant
Using the proper secondary attractant is proven to increase your mosquito catch rate by up to 10 times. These attractants lure mosquitoes to the trap by mimicking human skin scents and other natural odors. Mosquito Magnet attractants are the only brand to be EPA-registered and proven effective.
Reliable, 360 degree customer service
Questions? Need help? No problem.
Shop with Confidence - The 360 Degree Customer Support Program is your first line of defense. Mosquito Magnet is dedicated to providing superior consumer care three different ways - by phone, online and in person.
Mosquito Magnet In-Warranty and out-pf -warranty service is supported through local certified service centers located throughout the U.S. These certified service centers have undergone extensive training to be authorized to support this product line.
Guidelines for proper placement
- Determine where mosquitoes are breeding
- Place the trap away from people areas
- Place the trap upwind from the breeding area
- Place trap in open area
- Place trap in shade
|Commander Mosquito Trap||Executive Mosquito Trap||Independence Mosquito Trap||Patriot Mosquito Trap|
|Coverage Area||1 acre||1 acre||1 acre|
|Power Source||Custom Battery||Custom Battery||4 'C' Batteries||AC (50' Power Cord)|
|'Smart' Fuel-Saving Technology||✓||✓|
|Updates Via Text Messages/E-Mails||✓|
|Warranty||2 years||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Item Dimensions||17.23 x 20.2 x 15.9 inches|
|Item Weight||22.7 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||MM4100|
|Shipping Weight||23.3 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Mosquito Magnet MM4100 Patriot Mosquito Trap
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Great Household||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||20.2 x 15.9 x 17.23 in||22.55 x 16 x 17.2 in||6.75 x 3.69 x 5.88 in||17 x 29 x 35 in||19.9 x 37.5 x 25.9 in||17 x 29 x 33 in|
The Mosquito Magnet Patriot is easy to use. Just plug it in, push the button, relax and enjoy your yard! The provided 50-foot, 12V power cord allows placement away from the family area yet near the mosquitoes' breeding and resting areas. Lawn clips are provided to help secure the power cord. Through proper placement upwind, the biting insects will be drawn to the trap, thereby reducing the chances of you becoming their target. The heavy-duty plastic and marine grade metals make it ideal for harsh environments. The enhanced Mosquito Magnet Patriot has been designed for the homeowner who needs to protect up to a 1 acre area. For optimal results, run your trap 24 hours a day in order to break the mosquitoes' breeding cycle. Your trap will begin working immediately with noticeable results in 7-10 days. Allow 4 weeks to see significant results. As with the other Mosquito Magnet traps, the Patriot uses our patented Counterflow Technology. This technology allows the trap to emit a precise plume of CO2, heat, and moisture that attracts the biting insects to the trap, while simultaneously vacuuming them into a net where they dehydrate and die within 24 hours. The Mosquito Magnet mimics a large mammal by emitting a plume of carbon dioxide, heat and moisture, which when combined with an additional attractant, Octenol or Lurex3, becomes irresistible to mosquitoes, no-see-ums, biting midges, black flies and more. By using one of these approved Mosquito Magnet attractants, you will be able to increase your catch rate up to 10X.
Top Customer Reviews
While a properly maintained Mosquito Magnet is an extremely effective mosquito killer, it is NOT a machine that you can just take out of the box, plug in and forget. You will need to educate yourself about your Mosquito Magnet and maintain it properly for it to work magic for you - like mine does for me and my nearby neighbors.
I will now briefly describe some of the things you should know about Mosquito Magnet:
1) CAREFULLY READING THE OPERATON MANUAL AND FOLLOWING THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER IS NOT OPTIONAL if you expect your Mosquito Magnet to work. It is likely that many negative reviews you can read here have been generated by users unsatisfied with Mosquito Magnet performance simply because they did not read and/or carefully follow the instructions provided in the manual for this sophisticated device.
2) Where you place your Mosquito Magnet is very important. For one thing, if you put your Mosquito Magnet too close to where you will be enjoying the great outdoors, biting insects might find you FIRST when they are attracted by and headed for the Mosquito Magnet! The direction of the prevailing wind is also important. Bugs follow the scent the Mosquito Magnet produces and this scent is carried downwind. Details on placement can be found in the operation manual and also on the Mosquito Magnet Website.
3) An appropriate attractant (Lurex or Octonol - sold separately) must be used and replaced regularly to insure maximum catch. A starter packet of Octonol is included with your Mosquito Magnet and is appropriate for most biting bugs. A different attractant, Lurex, attracts Asian Tiger mosquitoes, the agressive, daytime-biting, West Nile virus infected, black w/white zebra-stripe mosquitos found mostly in the south.
4) Using Quick Clear cartridges (sold separately) every time you change propane tanks will keep the heart of your Mosquito Magnet healthy. This heart is a catalytic converter which turns propane into mosquito-attracting carbon dioxide, heat and water vapor. If the catalytic converter becomes clogged, your Mosquito Magnet will stop working, maybe permanently. Don't try to economize here; use a Quick Clear cartridge when changing propane tanks. Bonus: You will receive free Quick Clear cartridges when you register your Mosquito Magnet with Woodstream Corporation, the manufacturer.
5) Your Mosquito Magnet is NOT a bug zapper that kills insects instantly. Bugs caught by your Mosquito Magnet die by getting sucked into a screen trap and being held there by a fan until they dry out and die from dehydration. This can take up to 24 hours. Therefore, it is likely there will be some fresh bugs in the screen trap that are not dead yet when you dump it out as you perform regular maintenance. I avoid releasing live mosquitoes by having TWO screen traps. When I remove a trap full of bugs I put it into my freezer for a day or so. This INSURES that all the bugs in that screen trap are quite dead before I empty it into the trash. NOTE: no-see-ums are, unfortunatly, small enough to escape from the screen trap when it is removed from the Mosquito Magnet, so immediately upon removal I place the trap into a large zip-lock bag first before bringing it in and freezing. While that screen trap is in the freezer I install my back-up screen trap (sold separately) into my Mosquito Magnet.
6) When installing a propane tank, SLOWLY open the tank valve. Opening the tank valve too quickly might cause safety devices designed to protect you from propane leaks to activate. When a safety has activated NO propane will flow into your Mosquito Magnet. This lack of propane flow will prevent your Mosquito Magnet from operating until the activated safety device is reset and propane flow is restored. Instructions for resetting propane safety devices are in the troubleshooting section of the operation manual and are available from Mosquito Magnet customer service.
7) Mosquito Magnets are designed to be outside. But, I believe it is wise to perform maintenance on your Mosquito Magnet and then store it out of the weather at the end of mosquito season.
One last thing...
You may be wondering...
NO, I do NOT work for Woodstream Corporation. I am a retired US Navy electronics technician that appreciates a cleverly designed and highly effective piece of equipment. I have spent a lifetime fixing and maintaining devices and educating the people responsible for those devices in proper operation and maintenance. I sincerely hope I have been a fraction as useful to you here as your mosquito magnet will be to you where you are - if you treat it right.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your experience:
1. Placement: Be realistic about the amount and kind of terrain you want to cover. The machine works by disseminating carbon dioxide and attractant in a plume which is effective around and downwind of the machine from about 30 to 80 feet, depending on the wind speed. If you have a large open space with a very gentle breeze, you will be able to control a larger area than if you have brush, fences, walls, trees or other obstructions. We put one upwind and about 40 feet from our front door, and one upwind and about 25 feet from our large detached deck. This puts the machines about 100 feet apart, and within a reasonable ellipse drawn around these machines, the living is very nice. So, think about the area(s) you want to protect, consider the obstructions (if any) and determine the direction of the prevailing wind.
2. Maintenance: The Magnet requires four items for regular maintenance --
A. A full 20-pound propane tank every 21 days. One gallon of propane weighs 4.2 pounds, and so a "full" 20 lb cylinder should have 4.7 gallons of propane in it. Note that Blue Rhino, AmeriGas and other exchange services only fill the tank to 75% of its capacity, or about 3.6 gallons. If you use this kind of exchange service, you will only get 15 or 16 days out of a tank. If you have one or more tanks that you have refilled, and the person doing the refilling knows what they're doing, you should get a little more than 4.5 gallons each fill. I keep four tanks on hand, two on the Magnets working away, and two in reserve. I swap them out during the season, and refill them as necessary.
B. A fresh packet of attractant every 21 days. The CO2 and the attractant work together to mimic the exhalation and skin secretions of animals (including humans). But the fact is that different kinds of mosquitoes are better attracted with different substances. And so in the north where we live, we use the Mosquito Magnet OCTENOL3 Octenol Biting Insect Attractant, 3-Pack. Down in the southern, folks use the the Mosquito Magnet Lurex3 Mosquito Attractant. Believe me, the Magnet works much better with fresh bait.
C. Use of the Quick-Clear Valve, adapter, and CO2 cartridge after every propane tank change. Unfortunately, propane refiners often fail to fully filter the gas to get pure propane (C3H8) and so the gas has impurities. This isn't a big deal for use in a gas barbecue or stove, but the Magnet has a very narrow nozzle which reduces the amount of propane required to operate the machine. This nozzle and the piping leading to it can get narrowed or clogged with propane impurities. Each Magnet is provided with a "Quick-Clear Valve" which looks like a bicycle tire valve. Each time we change the propane tank, we screw in the adapter (supplied with the machine) and connect a threaded CO2 cartridge to blow out the piping and nozzle. This assures continued operation.
D. A clean or fresh net. If you have a large mosquito population, you will be stunned by the sheer volume of the dead mosquitoes in the net at the end of three weeks. You can clean out the net and replace it, but you have to be sure that the netting is clean and allows the necessary air flow for the machine to operate. Pollen, dust and dirt can inhibit airflow and prevent the Magnet from working at peak efficiency.
Also, from time to time you will want to clean out the side vents and the inside of the machine near the net.
If you resist going outside because you know you're going to become dinner for the local mosquito population, I highly recommend a Mosquito Magnet. When the contractor was building our deck, he told me that he always enjoyed working on our project because--unlike his other worksites--he didn't get eaten by mosquitoes. Now that's a pretty good endorsement.