- File Size: 4020 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 14, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074TGFPZ5
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#188,939 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #98 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery
- #164 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Social Issues
- #378 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery
|Print List Price:||$13.95|
Save $12.96 (93%)
The Most Powerful Man I Never Knew: A Journey to Healing the Father Wound Kindle Edition
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
"We must be followers of Christ in every area of life, whether He is leading us to Tabor or Gethsemane. If He is going there, to the dark regions of your heart, you must go there. We must follow Christ into our wound, because you see, we are His disciples.
We must also remember that the Christ that is taking us into the place of our wounding can sympathize with us greatly, and knows this place of the heart well. For those of us who have been abandoned by our fathers, we can know that Christ has felt this pain deeply. On the cross, we find Him crying out, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' For those of us who have suffered abuse at the hands of our fathers, some have argued that the cross was child abuse. It pleased God to 'crush His Son' we are told by the prophet Isaiah. While I obviously do not believe this to be true of the cross, as a believer in the humanity of Christ, I do believe that Christ-the-man may have felt like this at times. Because of this, He is able to empathize with us in our place of wounding."
If you are fatherless, or want to understand those who are, this is the read for you.
As someone who has also worked with young people for a good portion of my life, i also see that Fatherlessness is a HUGE problem.
It's truly refreshing to hear the author's honesty and sincerity about his own life and struggles, and incredibly insightful to hear what he has learned through it all.
My favorite quote....'Our common error is to go to God asking only for revelations of Him, when perhaps, our real need is for revelations of ourselves.'
This book is revealing to me a lot about myself.
Read this book. I think you might also find something healing and amazing in the pages for you as well!
I both laughed and cried, as the life experiences shared by the author are hilarious and heartbreaking, sometimes simultaneously. Many will sympathize with the author’s pain and ultimate triumph through the healing work of Jesus, and I believe many will find their own healing through this hopeful, inspired work.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Social Issues
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Social Issues
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery