- File Size: 1876 KB
- Print Length: 42 pages
- Publication Date: March 9, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BRZVEYI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,740,977 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3240 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #5820 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- #6180 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
The Most Powerful Man in the World and other stories Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The collection is a handful of very short stories, the longest being the eponymous "The Most Powerful Man in the World." They mostly come across as thought experiments, some of which I'd definitely like to see developed further. The one that jumps to mind is "Motherhood," a sparse tale with only the barest teases of world-building. The myriad of directions that story could go in intrigues me.
While "Black Market Books" and "Storyteller" are fun, mostly self-contained bubbles of world-building, it's "Motherhood" and "The Most Powerful Man in the World" that make this collection work and successfully pique my interest in more of Stephen Thompson's publications.