Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on September 3, 2016
This is a beautiful book!! Condition as described. Fast delivery. Realistic story of a family going through struggles after losing everything when their house burned. Illustrations are wonderful. This story could be disturbing to some very young children before they are able to understand loss and fire. But overall it evokes hope, hard work, determination, and triumph through what really matters--love of family and friends. I also like the part where child saves money in a jar.
on April 29, 2017
Nice book for teaching how to show respect and work toward a goal.
on January 7, 2017
Excellent book for Toddlers and young elementary age students. I read this as an elementary counselor to my young students; it helps them see that things happen (the fire in the home) and with the help of others, they will be safe and loved.,,I was thrilled when my daughter asked for this for my grandson.
on May 4, 2014
This is a touching story about a poor family's material loss, hard work paying off, and neighborly love. The central characters, a small three generation family, all work together in love to make their wish come true. Great values to read to your kids. The illustrations are pleasant and colorful and go perfect with this mostly cheerful story. So, don't discount a story just because it's 25 + years old! It's a gem.
on July 21, 2015
Love the color and picture my kid enjoyed reading it
on December 30, 2016
This book was read to me as a youngster and it remains really touching and a great story.
Great lessons about working together, family, saving, etc.
on January 14, 2017
Beautiful book. Inspiring story. I first saw this book at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. i donated it to my granddaughter's school library.
on April 21, 2014
My son (6 - Kindergarten) brought this home from his school library and I read it to him and his little brother (5 - VPK). They loved it and I did, too - very touching story, but goes further by teaching other lessons: 1) working hard, 2) saving 3) giving... something that is lacking in today's society. Great job - highly recommend!
on June 24, 2013
I ordered this to include in our family library, specifically because it shows a family (and their community) gracefully dealing with a tragedy and financial hardship. The story is beautiful and simple -it doesn't "preach" about poverty, just narrates the challenge and the solutions- and the illustrations are gorgeous. Our daughter enjoys the story -at three, it was not over her head.
on December 28, 2016
I remember reading this book growing up and can't wait to read it to my daughter. Beautiful story.