Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 2, 2016
Have to admit to being initially disappointed when I received this today, a favorite I recall reading to my sons, and realized I'd mistakenly ordered the board book rather than the hardcover. (Maybe I DO need that new pair of reading glasses after all!) I really don't care for how reviews for all formats are combined on a listing, because I'd find it hard to imagine that this board book would garner a 5 star rating from anyone who remembers the full story, since - if you're familiar with it - it entirely leaves out the part of the little bird asking an old car, boat and plane if any of them are his mother, and the baby bird's recounting his travels to his mother once he finally finds her. Obviously, board books are abbreviated, but this is REALLY abbreviated.

Suppose the reason I'm giving this 4 stars is because I do think that - given its brevity and very simple words - it'd be a good little (and I do mean little at 5-3/4" x 4-1/4"x 1/2 thick) book for tiny hands to turn by themselves, with thick coated pages that are forgiving of occasionally sticky little fingers. Would be a nice little piece of reading material for a child just learning to read. It's my own fault, and I'll be ordering the hardback as well, but maybe you'd like to know exactly how it reads before making a decision for yourself:

"A mother bird sat on her egg. The egg jumped. 'I must get something for my baby bird to eat!' she said. So away she went. Inside the nest, the egg jumped. It jumped and jumped and jumped. Until......out came a baby bird! 'Where is my mother?' he said. He did not see her anywhere. 'I will go and look for her,' he said. Out of the nest he went. Down, down, down! Plop! The baby bird could not fly. But he could walk. 'Now I will go and find my mother,' he said. 'Are you my mother?' the baby bird asked a kitten. The kitten just looked and looked. It did not say a thing. 'Are you my mother?' the baby bird asked a hen. 'No,' said the hen. 'Are you my mother?' the baby bird asked a dog. 'I am not your mother. I am a dog,' said the dog. 'Are you my mother?' the baby bird asked a cow. 'How could I be your mother?' said the cow. 'I am a cow.' The baby bird stopped to think. The kitten and the hen were not his mother. The dog and the cow were not his mother. 'I have a mother,' said the baby bird. 'I know I do. I will find her. I will. I WILL!' Just then the baby bird saw a big thing." (A power shovel.) "YOU are my mother!' he said. The big thing said, 'SNORT!' 'Oh no!' said the baby bird. 'You are not my mother. You are a scary snort!' The Snort lifted the baby bird up, up, up. Then something happened. The Snort put the baby bird right back in the tree. The baby bird was home! Just then the mother bird came back. 'I know who YOU are,' said the baby bird. 'You are not a kitten or a hen or a dog. You are not a cow or a Snort! You are a bird, and you are my mother!' "

So you can decide for yourself if this is what you're looking for.
on October 23, 2017
This series of small early board books have been a favorite with my 2 year old. We like that they are a shortened version of the dr. seuss classics, but some Dr. Seuss purists might be bothered by this if they are wanting the full versions of these classics. My son's favorite parts are "out of the next he went, down down down.. .plop." and of course the scenes with the different animals are also a highlight.
on September 17, 2017
Love this story. My little one was chiming in on the repeated phrase "Are you my mother?" the first time we read it together. This one is one of my favorites to read.
on July 5, 2017
This book is so fun, my two year old loves it! She tries to read each page herself and does pretty good!
on May 17, 2017
The book is smaller than I thought but a cute and simple story to read with my toddler.
on September 25, 2017
I received this quickly and it worked great as the guest book for a baby shower I hosted.
on March 8, 2017
Perfect for a baby shower gift. This is a classic book that kids love.
on August 24, 2017
Cute story. My son likes when I make different voices for the animals.
on July 18, 2015
This book has been lots of fun. My 1 year old got this about 6 months ago for Christmas. She loved it immediately. She has had fun moving the bird from page to page and the front cover is very soft to touch.
on June 21, 2017
My kids love this book as mother are important to them and its just a cute book.