Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mother Jones
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on June 20, 2013
Mother Jones magazine is a Quality read both in print and on Kindle. In fact, the Kindle 'copy' is a complete e-version of the magazine, including the joy of flipping the pages - all in living color. As impressive as that is, the joy is in the reading. Mother Jones offers quality writing on a variety of subjects which are both interesting and enlightening to the reader. I started my subscription with the in-depth story on mental health in America (i.e. Schizophrenic Killer, My Cousin)and I was blown away by the emotions and facts outlined in the story. Even as a e-magazine, I read it "cover to cover" and I now wait patiently for my next download - which occurs promptly every other month. Well worth your consideration.
on February 6, 2013
I enjoy reading Mother Jones and now that its on Kindle its perfect fit for me. I read Kate Sheppard, Kevin Drum and David Corn.

They have really good investigational reports on interesting topics covering a range of subject matters for almost every interest. I am look forward to enjoying MoJo on my KFHD on my train rides to work.

I recommend a recent article titled "Butterflies Booking It North as Climate Warms" along with there other environmental topical reports.
on May 15, 2013
and you can zoom in. since mj is known for telling charts it is good to see them in kindle version. looks like most dead tree content is here.

Edited to subtract a star for Kindle version - it arrives a full week after the dead tree version. If you don't mind that, it's still great.
on December 5, 2014
I've simply donated money to MJ, so I like what they are doing. I don't really like how Amazon sells the magazine. It's a bi-monthly, so you get it every two months (obviously), but they bill a dollar every month. Really? I'd rather have the 2 dollars billed when I know there will be another issue. This kind of marketing seems to waste everyone's time. Oh well, maybe MJ can investigate Amazon.
on February 10, 2014
I used to read MoJo occasionally on-line. I would prefer the hard copy, but it is not available where I live (Europe), unless through subscription, which does not suit me (frequent moves). It would also be a waste as I don't keep magazines (except for National Geographic, old habit). The Kindle version is a perfect match - easy to read but with a feel of browsing a real paper.

Not much to say on contents: those who know it like it, other have to try.

Last, but not least: when independent, investigative journalism is increasingly rare and under pressure, it is important to support news outlets such as MoJo. An on-line subscription is an affordable way of supporting an outlet of important messages.
on November 19, 2014
I found the long form journalism, a breath of fresh air in a world were the all oxygen is consumed by state-run media ("state-run" media since the same plutocracy that now controls our government also owns the major media outlets). Some of the subjects tackled would never have be covered so thoroughly by corporate owned and controlled media; I applaud Mother Jones for having the courage, but this is still a bit too conversational for me; a poodle has courage; we need bulldog. Hit a little harder Mother Jones and hold the government's feet to the fire. On the "Warrior Cop" article for example, there were several references to how Homeland is giving money to state and local police departments to militarize their equipment; but there was no mention of the fact these companies are writing the laws and policies that allow them to do this, laws and policies that are then quietly pushed through by whichever congressional committee member they have in their pocket. This is an artificial market being opened up, not out of necessity, but out of greed (since apparently perpetual war does not bring in enough revenue). There was also no mention of the fact most Americans do not want our police forces armed against us with our own tax dollars. Come on Mother, this is a good show but I know you can do better.
on January 4, 2014
Mother Jones is definitely one of the better investigative magazines out there. The length isn't too taxing for those with little time to read, however the length of the magazine as a whole does not reflect a superficial rendering of the stories. From businesses that are run by socially-conscious individuals to abuse of the under privileged in other countries; short articles on new books and movies to empirically supported advice on health and food, Mother Jones has lasted as a magazine from the rabble rousers at the fringe of society, to its very center, as well as our awareness, of the societal problems that only we are capable of solving.
on April 20, 2013
If you want the real scoop, Mother Jones is the one periodical that you want to read. They will get the news before the mainstream.
on February 22, 2015
Usually I find reading magazines a sort of hit skip affair. Meaning, that I read one or two articles in the row, then skip the next because it is not something that holds my interest. Not Mother Jones. I read front to back, every article because each one seemed tailored for me. No skipping. No half-read sections. I love Mother Jones. So sorry I haven't found this sooner. One happy reader for a long time to come.
on January 3, 2014
Finally a periodical that speaks to people who want the facts not just ideologocal flag waving. In essance, Mother Jones is a well researched, easy to understand news publication