Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Mother Teresa
Format: DVD|Change

on December 30, 2013
Although a few scenes are a little "over the top" from a spiritual standpoint, this is still a great movie about one of the 20th century's most influential women. Olivia Hussey is terrific and actually had a private audience with Pope John Paul II earlier in her career. So, now she has played The Virgin Mary in "Jesus of Nazareth" and Mother Teresa, one of our more recently beatified women. Maybe there's a pattern in here somewhere!!!! :-)
on June 30, 2014
This is an outstanding film that is well produced and directed. Olivia Hussey did an outstanding job capturing the enduring qualities of this great saint to be. This film helped me get a better understanding of the accomplishments of this great individual. A must see for anyone who wants to understand the strength and resolve Mother Teresa had in starting her order and doing so much good with so little. This was a very inspiring story that will some day lead Mother Teresa toward sainthood.
Highly recommend this DVD.
on October 5, 2013
When I watched this film online in French, it was so beautiful and moving...and definitely a "5".
However, the English version was somewhat disappointing in that a couple of the pivotal scenes were cut from the original, removing some important background to the story. It is for this reason that I give this version a "4".
As far as the ordering and delivery service from amazon, however, I have no complaints, as the item arrived exactly when promised, in good condition, etc.
on March 4, 2017
I love it
on February 3, 2012
I bought this DVD as a catechist, because of my deep peronal experience of the poor in India. I found this film extremely inspiring for me and my group of children because it helps you to plunge into the real life of India, as i know this country. The first part is less involving according to me but ut is useful as an experience of how a saint is and grow. The second part is the real core of the film! Even by some inevitable exagerations,you slowly discover the poor of India and the sense of what Mother Theresa was trying to do all along her life and work
on May 2, 2016
Very well done
on September 11, 2011
The family and I watched this together in rememberance of Blessed Mother Theresa and really enjoyed it. Usually I preview a movie for the kids (ages 6, 4, and 2) but I hadn't had time. My fears were for nothing. Yes, there were some scenes that brought up questions but all the scenes were done tastefully and my simple answers satisfied the kids (my oldest mainly). I also think the accents helped them miss some of the strife going on. It truly seemed like the kids understood the love of Mother Theresa and the others as they helped the poor and forgotten of India. And it tastefully opened their eyes that not everyone lives as we do.
on April 9, 2007
After being disappointed more than once with Saints movies, my family and I sat down to watch Mother Theresa. As far as we are concerned this is the greatest Saint's movie ever filmed. I can not say enough about Olivia Hussey's performance. She was Mother Theresa.

The writing and directing is faithful to this once living saint. A must see for anyone who wants to see what true love is. Mother Theresa brought love to everyone she met because in everyone she met she saw Jesus.

Half way through the movie my 5 year old son proclaimed "wow, she REALLY cares about everyone!"

This is a must have, and I am very happy to own it as we will watch this time and time again.
on November 19, 2016
This DVD was so inspirational. Mother Teresa taught me that you don't have to do spectacular things to be holy. Just do the simple things for God with love. Love is the key!
on April 24, 2016
Very intimate look at Mother Theresa. Long film but absolutely worth it! I highly recommend it.