Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

81%
19%

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on September 1, 2013
I wish every family expecting a baby could read this before the birth of the baby! No need to be super mom after the baby is born--mom needs help! Someone needs to take care of the new mom so she can take care of her baby. Make her some meals, clean the house, hug her, help change the babies diapers etc etc!
on November 15, 2010
I read this book for my postpartum doula certification. It is so helpful and really makes me feel more confident in working with new mothers. An excellent book that is a wonderful resource for anyone who has a friend or family member who is having a baby.
on August 30, 2011
I felt this book was insightful into some experiences that new mothers have. It was helpful to read that other mothers have experiences that were similar to my own at times. The book also gives a good perspective for partners, friends, doulas, or other family members about what a new mother may want/need during those first several weeks/months of development into a new parent.

Sometimes we think of the birth or pregnancy as the development into a parent and forget that the first year is quite the transformation as well. This book discusses that transformation from the perspective of women that have gone through it. A very useful book.
on May 1, 2016
This book surprised me as being for mothers to read. I was expecting it to be for grandmothers or spouses and friends. BUT, it can still be read for its insightful look at what a new mother needs, so that we can care for them better. It was definitely worth my time, as my first grandchild approaches!
on May 13, 2014
This is a great resource for doulas to use. I would recommend reading it for anyone who wants to know more about post-partum period.
on June 21, 2014
It was written awhile ago, but Highly recommend this book! It is a good read doulas.. midwives.. anyone thats in education..
on October 13, 2008
This book is an intensive read for the post partum time. I have found it helpful, though the resources are not as helpful as I hoped;not a lot for the west coast. It's very well written.
on May 9, 2016
Important and eye opening book on how to treat women during the vulnerable time of new motherhood.
on March 23, 2015
Great resource for postpartum doulas, a must read
on October 26, 2015
Love the book so far. Great condition