Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Motherlove Nipple Cream Certified Organic Salve for Sore Cracked Nursing Nipples, 1 Oz.
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 1 Oz|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 22, 2012
Like many new moms, I experienced a lot of soreness after my first few breastfeeding sessions. My lactation consultant recommended plain olive oil, which I use at night and when I pump. But between daytime feedings I stick to Motherlove. It is a thicker "jelly"-like consistency and feels so nice on dry, sore nipples! It does sortof rub off as a previous reviewer mentioned, but won't anything rub off if you put nursing pads or clothing up against your chest? I was sore for about two days after beginning breastfeeding and since then it has been great. I attribute this success to my keeping my nipples lubricated and moist at all times. My advice: keep a jar of Motherlove - which is small and perfect for purse or diaper bag - at home and one in your on-the-go bag. And one at the office if you work! It really provides relief for new moms and I'm glad I trusted the Amazon reviews.

**UPDATE: 9-24-13
I have to brag some more now that I'm nursing a second baby! I have tried a couple of other products (Lansinoh and Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter), and Motherlove still takes the cake. The consistency is so perfect and something that other companies can't seem to match. I LOVE the jelly-like consistency of it; not too flaky like Earth Mama Angel Baby, and not too stiff like Lansinoh. Also, I know it looks expensive - about $10 for an ounce, BUT it is SO worth it! This stuff lasts just about forever. I breastfed my first for 8 months and now, on my second baby, I am just now running out of my first jar and came back to order another one and update my review. I am a loyal Motherlove customer!
0Comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2015
As a large Viking man, I have produced two strapping battle-ready warrior babies with a savage hunger unlike normal human young; this has taken a great toll on their mother. Nursing them is very difficult, they have latching issues and she is left with chafing and sometimes cuts, so she has tried every lotion, patch, cream, tincture, butter, petal, on the market or made in the kitchen. This cream the only reason I have survived, because she needs me to keep ordering it off Amazon. It isn't cheap, but it is the best, and it lasts a few weeks with heavy usage. This product has been put to the ultimate Battle-Test and comes out the champion.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2014
This is a five star product. However, the jar has no external seal which concerns me.

The cream is essentially an ingested food product because you do not wipe it off before breastfeeding. I called the company who said they are currently reviewing the packaging. If they change the packaging to include an external seal, I'll happily reorder and change this rating to five stars. As a parent, I want to have some type of visual confirmation that the product wasn't tampered with post-manufacturing.

Update 8/22/2016- reordered this product again for the second kid almost two years later...still no external seal on the product.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
There are just so many things I want to say about this nipple cream. Basically, it will make your nipple feel soft and smooth like they did before a beast sucking demon monster started turning them to chapped, raw milk dispensaries.
on October 4, 2010
I tried this and the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter--putting one on each nipple several times a day to compare both pre and postnatally. EMAB made my nipple really sensitive--so sensitive, that when my daughter nursed, I actally cried out in pain after several feedings! I switched to using Motherlove on both nipples, and the difference was prettymuch immediate. An hour after putting it on, she fed again, and there was no pain!

There have also been many times where I have neglected to put it on after several feedings in a row, and my nipples have gotten sore. as soon as I put it on again, it soothes the discomfort, and within an hour, I am back to almost no discomfort.

It smells faintly of olive oil (its first ingredient), and goes on really smoothly--it does not hurt when spread over sore nipples, and you don't need a lot (my daughter is 2 1/2 months old, and I'm *maybe* 1/4 of the way through the pot). Yes, it's small--a little bigger than a pot of Carmex--but it is SO WORTH THE MONEY! This is a staple for me when gifting for baby-showers! If you end up not breastfeeding, or have some leftover when you finish breastfeeding, you can use it as a diaper rash ointment or on baby acne. It will not be wasted! Also works well for a lip balm :c)
22 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2015
Oh my goodness, I love this cream! I had a lot of trouble at the beginning breast feeding my little man. I was still cracked and bleeding almost two months in. The lanolin wasn't doing anything and so I decided to try this based on other reviews. I am so glad I did! A few days after starting this, I actually healed up (I was using a nipple shield too, based on advise from my lactation consultant, but though that dulled the pain a bit, I didn't see healing improvement until Motherlove was applied).

I love this so much that I ordered some for a gift for a friend's baby shower this weekend.
on August 25, 2014
This cream is thinner than traditional lanolin creams (think lansanoh, or madela). Because it's thinner, it is easier to spread on sore nipples. My only complaint is having to stick my finger in the jar. I wish they had a squeeze tube. It would be especially helpful when nursing in public. It makes me nervous carrying a glass jar around.
on September 12, 2015
I absolutely love this product. As a first-time mom introduced to the art of breastfeeding, I had quite the adventure: cracked and sore nipples, breasts feeling like they were being stabbed or set on fire, mastitis, clogged ducts, under-supply then over-supply, you name it. I first tried the Medela nipple cream that the hospital gave to me and I was not impressed. Medela stained all of my clothes and did not smell good. Most importantly, it did not work for me: I perceived no relief! What a joke!

Enter: Motherlove. A wonderful nurse and mama of three recommended that I try it, and I am not kidding: after ONE application, I felt so much better. It was love at first try! I was so, so thankful and happy. Breastfeeding is supposed to be this wonderful bonding time with your child, but it's hard to achieve that when it hurts every time you do it. I now buy this wonderful little cream for all my friends who are new mamas. It smells nice, goes on easy and isn't goopy, lasts a long time (my son is 4 months old and I still use the first jar I purchased), and the most important thing? IT WORKS. I would say "treat yourself," but in my opinion, it's not a treat. It's a necessity!
on October 10, 2015
I got this for my wife and she seems to like it so far. I will say that it is much smaller than I thought it would be. I didn't notice the "1 oz" mark before, I may have reconsidered the price for the amount of product. I will update as it proves itself or not.
review image
Currently my sister is breastfeeding and as you know that can be painful to a new mom. I recommended mother’s love to her and bought her this jar because it is all organic. It turns out it is her favorite cream to use. Not only is it safe for her son and is all organic but the smell is great. It does not have an awful ointment smell it smells a little like olive oil. I like that it is a salve as well versus a cream because it is a little thicker. It goes on great and really helps ease the nipple pain of breastfeeding. When you first start out breastfeeding it can dry and crack your nipples causing pain. This salve is amazing at moisturizing and easing the pain of breastfeeding. Another benefit to using an organic product is that once you apply it and baby is cluster feeding or just hungry in general it is ok for them to latch the cream does not have any harmful ingredients in it. This brings me to my next point, the fact that all the ingredients are on the back of the jar and that they are all known ingredients and if they aren’t you can simply google them to see what is in them. You do not have to struggle to pronounce the ingredients and worry that there are harmful chemicals in the salve that you are using for relief. It helps soften the nipple and relieves the pain of constant breastfeeding, a good product if your little is cluster feeding. My only issue is the jar it is so small I wish more came in the jar for the money. My sister in law says it is definitely worth the money so I am glad it is doing the job. I encourage anyone that is breastfeeding to give them a try, it is definitely doing wonders for my sister and it may just be the cream/salve you need to get some relief.