|Item Weight||11.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 4 x 10 inches|
|Item model number||07240|
|Manufacturer Part Number||07240|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.22 shipping
+ $5.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mothers 07240 California Gold Clay Bar System
|Price:||$17.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Removes embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray for "new" look
- Safe to use on paint
- Includes 2 clay bars, Showtime Instant Detailer, Microfiber towel
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit to your vehicle
Save 15% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System
Complete Clay Bar Kit:
- Two (2) 80 gram Clay Bars
- 16 oz. Instant Detailer
- 15" x 15" Microfiber Towel
Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System was created to remove the particulate debris and contaminants that washing and polishing can’t, our exclusive Clay Bar System will remove embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray.
Better yet, our clay bar isn’t hazardous to your paint—it’s just firm enough to pick up the bad stuff, without being too aggressive. Use Mothers Clay Bar to get rid of paint-fouling grime and pave the way for complete waxing.
- Great for quick touch-ups and maintenance between washings
- Use on all types of paint, including clearcoats
- Adds depth and clarity in seconds
- Removes surface dirt and debris
- Easy to use
- When used with clay bar, work in small sections and spray liberally in a sweeping motion, onto cool, clean, car panel before using clay bar. Ensure paint surface is thoroughly lubricated when used with clay bar. Use a microfiber towel to dry off excess Instant Detailer and move onto the next area to be clayed.
- A smart way to deal with really heavy dirt, sap, bird droppings and other stuck-on stuff is to pre-treat the extra-dirty sections of bodywork. Hit that nasty spot with a spritz of Mothers Instant Detailer. Soak the offending area liberally, and allow the solution to penetrate before washing the entire car.
- Looking for more shine? Just use Mothers Instant Detailer on a wet, freshly washed car to turn up the shine. Just spray one section at a time covering each area liberally, spread the instant detailer around evenly with a fresh microfiber towel.
- Picks up embedded particles in your paint
- More malleable and not as stiff as other clays
- Minimal chance of scratching the paint and will be easier to use and remold
- Works well on plastic, trim and glass, as well as matte-finish plastics that are free of coatings
- Removes paint over-spray from chrome, paint and just about any other hard or shiny surface
- Safe for all automotive paints
- Before using the clay bar, apply a liberal layer of Mothers Instant Detailer (in a sweeping motion) on a freshly washed surface. This film will serve as a lubricant for the clay bar so it doesn't stick and leave behind any deposits.
- To remove deposits, simply slide the clay bar over the lubricated surface. Be sure to knead the bar regularly to expose fresh clay.
- Since a clay bar is so effective at removing deposits it takes off wax as well. Plan on re-waxing the finish after using a clay bar. So if you plan to polish, seal and wax, do it after using a clay bar.
Mothers is known worldwide for its premium-grade polishes, waxes and cleaners and offers a broad array of finish care products under its Classic, California Gold, Reflections, Power, Marine and Professional lines.
Satisfaction guaranteed when used as directed. Manufacturer's liability limited to replacement of product or refund of purchase price upon return of unused portion and proof of purchase.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
When I first found out about "claying" a car I was ecstatic. My pre-owned car looked nice but it didn't look or feel spectacular. I picked a kit up at my local AutoZone and watched a few videos to find out the best techniques for claying a car.
I grabbed a kit,thoroughly washed my car but left it wet after the final rinse: got a bucket of water out and went to work. In about 2 hours my entire car was as smooth as glass to the touch. I was so amazed and in love with the results! My 10 year old car- YES 10 years old- looked and felt like a 2012/13 model! It was the very first time my car had ever been clayed so it only made sense to me that it would take so long.
I found out that using water as lubrication instead of the spray that comes with the kit is generally a better choice (in my opinion). The spray left a residue and I couldn't work fast enough wipe it down after I used it. Yeah, that residue took 2 more washes to get off.
Also the spray smells minty - in a weird way.
after claying it I rinsed it again (to get rid of any water marks) then dried it and continued to polish/wax it.
After this initial 2hr job I only needed to clay my car for 45 minutes or so every 4 1/2 months. I live in the city so my car is often exposed to airborne pollution and debris from construction.
-I suggest using a bucket of water or a spray bottle with water in it for lubrication. Do NOT use SOAPY water; it will melt the clay.Read more ›
When Mothers Car Clay arrived in the mail yesterday, I went right to work. Not knowing how long the process would take, I decided to just clay a single panel. I saw results right away. Focusing on a 5"x5" area, 80% of the overspray came off within about 15 seconds of claying. The remaining 20% required more elbow grease and time, but it came off too!
THIS STUFF IS FANTASTIC! Don't get me wrong though, there is significant work required to get something as stubborn as overspray off. A single door panel took 2 hours and left my elbow aching. I think claying a car to get minor impurities off of the paint would be a lot easier and faster.
Another thing to note is that there is a learning curve. It took me about 10 minutes of claying to discover the right pressure to exert on the clay and the right amount of the lubricant spray to use.
I am thrilled with this product. Not only did it take off overspray, but it left my paint feeling smoother than I thought it could. It takes some effort, but the results are amazing. Check out the picture of the results on the main page. (Before and After shot)
What this product does: It will remove microscopic surface contaminants that have embedded themselves in the clear coat, such as brake and metal dust, or sit on the surface, such as overspray, sap or industrial pollution.
What it does not do: Remove scratches, swirls, anything that has etched or stained the surface such as acid rain, hard water, or bird droppings that sat too long! There's a reason it's called "detailing clay". There are other products to help with these issues.
How it works: Spray the showtime "lubricant" on a small area of the car's surface. Take the clay (sticky and the size of a hotel soap bar) and rub like crazy on the wet area. You will see quite a bit of "yuck" on the surface of the clay. Just re-knead it and start on a new section. Two words here - elbow grease!
The results: The paint on your car will feel like glass! At this point, use a good cleaner wax such as the supplied sample of Mother's carnuba cleaner wax to remove fine oxidation if necessary, followed by a good coat or three of pure carnuba wax. Your car *will* pass the towel test (drop a towel on the hood and watch it slide off!)
About the clay bar process: I have used this product twice thus far and I stand by its recommendation. The paint is left extremely smooth and produces a BRILLIANT gloss reflection when a high quality wax job is added. I own a 2005 2-door nighthawk black pearl Honda Accord that is readily exposed to all elements and, until recently, was not a daily driver. The car is not stored in a garage and efforts to use a car cover have been thwarted with sporadic use. That being said, I detail my car after heavy seasons of abuse and especially wash my car as needed and wax top surfaces once a month. Clay barring your car is ESSENTIAL to maintaining the life of the paint job. It should be done perhaps once every 3-6 months depending on how harsh your climate is. It is not as laborious as one may expect but to properly detail your car (Wash, Clay bar, Wax/Sealant process), requires an investment in time. Take the time to do small sections at a time. The patience one puts forth will reap a great amount of benefit later. More importantly, focus more on not dropping the clay bar as it will be rendered completely useless if it touches the ground.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Mothers Clay Bar kit is as advertised, works terrific & effortlessly turns the paint into a smooth as glass platform to polish & wax. Read morePublished 14 hours ago by Christopher B
Unbelievably easy to remove contaminants from car paint!
I use this first, then using a DA orbital with rubbing compound (med high speed), polish (medium low), and wax... Read more
This product requires a lot of work. I question if result is truly worth it.Published 14 days ago by Jessica W.