Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on November 12, 2015
I bought this book as a gift for a 2.5 year-old child who has two mommies and was expecting a little sister. I was having trouble finding a "big brother" book that did not include a daddy character, but this book worked perfectly. (It doesn't actually depict a two-mommy household -- the father just isn't depicted in the pictures or text.) I checked out the book when it arrived, and it seemed like a sweet story. According to the child's mother, he loved the book and asked for it to be read again and again. I think this book would be a great purchase for anyone, but it also works for children of mom(s)-only families (same-sex parents, single mom).
on June 29, 2015
I purchased a few books to help my two year old transition to her impending big sister role, and she really enjoys this book. It's not so much about becoming a big sister or big brother, but a reminder that even though there is a new baby in the house, there is always time and space for the older child. The story is short but very sweet, and made me tear up the first few times reading it to my daughter.
on June 23, 2012
I purchased this book based on the glowing reviews, but I had my doubts about whether or not my rambunctious 2.5-year-old would be interested. I had nothing to worry about -- my son could not love this book more, and neither could I. It is a treasure for us to enjoy together. It helps us talk about love in a way that he can understand. What a rare gift!

The pictures are understated and gorgeous. They tell a story my son can understand. I love reading this book with him and asking him what's happening in each picture and what could happen next. "Puppy's awake! Puppy is watching! Puppy wants to rock!" Etc. He just gets it.

I'm currently expecting my second child and found this book while looking for big brother/new baby titles. In terms of preparing my son for the upcoming emotional reality of being one of two kids, I feel like this book is among the best I purchased. With no new baby yet, there's still no telling how my son will react or what we'll learn has been useful preparation. But I can't imagine better preparation than the message in this book, communicated in a way my son understands.
on May 29, 2017
Sweet story that shows big brother that mommy can love him and baby sister at the same time. This one is a great story to read after a new sibling has entered the home.
on April 25, 2017
Great children's book -- to be read to child and someday BY the child!
on September 11, 2015
My younger son's favorite book when he was a toddler! I had actually purchased it to read to his older brother when I got pregnant the second time. I would use replace the characters' names with theirs when I read it, and my youngest would get excited when "he" was about to make his appearance. Both of them would race to my lap at the right moment in the story. ^.^

My sons are now tweens, but this book is a memento, it will always stay in our home.
on August 29, 2017
Thank you! Great story
on July 5, 2016
We bought a couple different books to get our 2 year old son ready for his baby sister. This one is magnificent at reassuring him that there is always room on mommy's/daddy's lap and nothing will ever change that. My son loves the book and wants to read it every night before bed either before or after reading "you're getting a baby sister".
on February 11, 2013
A cousin sent this (boardbook form) to us for our 1-yr boy, and he loves it! The story reads quickly and simply, and the illustrations are just beautiful. I've always rocked my son to sleep (despite what modern books say to do) as it's our bonding time. The tenderness of the story is timeless. I hadn't thought of this book as preparing for a younger sibilng (as other reviews stated), but rather a statement about a mother's neverending love. To add to its charm (for me), our boardbook has a corner chewed off, as it was owned by my cousin's kids, who also loved the story. I'm buying a bunch of these for shower/baby gifts, it's such a lovely story.
on August 26, 2011
I got this book to prepare my 14-month old for the arrival of his new sibling. He likes the book and I rock "back and forth" as I read it to him. I change "Mother" to "Mommy" when I read it. I purchased this book because it seemed to be the only "new baby" book I could find in which the characters are brown in complexion - I thought this might be easier for my son to relate to since we are also brown. This book is beautiful, although it's kind of serious and I prefer a more lighthearted approach for a small kid.