Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 19, 2016
This was exactly what I was looking for. It works very well, and holds up to a lot of abuse. My boys have been using this for almost 4 years now, and they are not well known for taking care of their things. This has probably been thrown and dropped and stepped on and had things spilled on it. It keeps taking the abuse and has continued to work for years and years. It works as well today as it did the day we opened the package. For the price point, this is a great buy. I would buy this exact product again in a heartbeat!
4 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2016
Disappointing. The next day after we started using it, the adapter started wiggling loose from the remote, and even though it was in the locked position would not stay in place, it just fell off the Wii remote. Got maybe 2 hours of game play before it was no longer functional. I love a good value, but for this product, you're better off getting a genuine adapter or just a Wii plus remote.
3 people found this helpful
on August 1, 2013
I waited for some time to write this review to see if the motion plus adapter would die like many have experienced. Well I seem to have received one that works just fine. My son needed it to play the new Skyward Sword game and it has worked well. We have had it for a few months now and have experienced no problems at all.
It has worked just as you would expect. You have to set the remote on a flat surface to let it calibrate when you start the game or pause it for a long time (basically anytime the Wii remote loses connection with the console). It takes a couple of seconds to calibrate and then you have to point at the screen and push the A button to adjust the pointer.
I would have to give it 5 stars for working flawlessly for this much time. Based on this experience I would definitely gamble on another one if the need arises.
2 people found this helpful
on December 12, 2017
This wii motion plus adapter isn’t a good substitute for the one sold by Nintendo. I may have just gotten a bad one, but I bought this a little over a year ago and it has been in and out since. There is a prong on the inside which I can see is messed up (pictured). It works okay sometimes, but other times it makes the nunchuck attachment act crazy (it works perfect most of the time). It’s gotten more frequent with the glitches and disconnections.
review imagereview image
on June 7, 2017
Product works very intermittently. Every few minutes my character on screen will start moving in random directions - it appears that the nunchuck connection in the adapter is bad. Disconnect and reconnect the nunchuck, and the problem will be resolved for a few minutes before resurfacing again.

I later purchased a similar product direct from Nintendo (also sold on Amazon), using it with the same controller and nunchuck, and it works flawlessly. Don't waste your money on this product - spend a couple dollars more and get a better product that will work properly.
on September 20, 2012
I was skeptical about purchasing this with many the negative reviews...but for the low price, I couldn't resist. I purchased this to play the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. It works perfectly with my Wii controller. (Just a few notes, my Wii controller was purchased along with the Wii system when it was first released...I'm not sure if there are any differences with the newer models, but maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe it's just luck...I don't know.) Anyway. The Motion Adapter makes the game experience slightly more interesting (and tiring, lol) since the character actually follows your motions...so, it's fun. I'm just really glad it works well for me.
39 people found this helpful
on June 25, 2014
If you find yourself in the situation where you are required to have a Wii Plus/Wii-U Plus controller in order to get the most out of the games in your library (*cough* Nintendo Land), but you only have older version Wii-motes available, this may be the perfect alternative for you.

Pros
--------

At around $10 per adapter, this is an affordable alternative to purchasing the newer version Wii-motes/Wii-U-motes that already have the Plus sensors built in (priced around $40 each).

The silicone sleeve it similar to the original sleeve that come with new OEM controllers, except this one is longer as to fit over the adapter.

Cons
--------

This adapter adds roughly "1 1/4 onto the end of the standard Wii-mote, making it a bit cumbersome to use.

Conclusion
--------

This adapter made it possible for my family to get the most out of our old Wii-motes, while saving me some money in the process by not having to replace them. The only qualm I have with it is that my children have trouble using the Wii-motes in the sideways orientation with this adapter connected due to the extra length, so I find myself disconnecting it and then reconnecting it on the fly when the situation demands. 4/5 stars
on August 14, 2013
I disregarded the negative reviews on this product - bad idea.

Although the price is incredibly cheap, so is the product. It works, but only for about 5 minutes. I specifically bought this to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and after having Link run off a cliff for the 50th time because the controller stopped functioning, I knew I would be returning this product. Trust me, spend the extra few dollars, get an official product. You'll be much happier in the long run.
22 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2016
It worked for a while, but we finally had to replace it and were willing to pay the extra to get it from Nintendo. The connection on tips one started being really loose and wobbly. When we replaced it, we couldn't even play for 60 seconds without reconnecting the remote to the wii.
on June 14, 2013
After reading some reviews, some good some bad, I thought I would give it a try, why not right. Wrong, don't bother with this product. I attached it to my controllers and tried endlessly to sync my remote with the adapter on and it was a no go. When it finally did sync my Wii did not recognize that the adapter was attached. You are better off getting one of the new remotes that have the motion plus in them already or spending the extra for the actual Nintendo Wii adapter.
2 people found this helpful