Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2013
I like this style of trolling motor because of wireless foot pedal that I can take anywhere in the boat. Very dependable, I have two, one is about 6 years old. Slow to respond, would not recommend to every one. If I need another one I will buy this.
on October 1, 2013
I've had it out twice and it works great, just hope it continues to do so. That is the only thing that concerns me about the item.
on February 16, 2013
I'm surprised with today's technology that this issue was not addressed before marketing. With that said I had to place the pedal within 2 feet of the motor for it to be consistently responsive. However now I have more room on deck and I will not accidentally step on it when fighting a fish . Since I no longer have to keep my foot on it ,this is not an issue. Bought the fob mainly to impress my buddies, turns out it-does work from the back of the boat. ( For whatever reason I would be there) and is much more sensitive. Definite must have, pretty cool ,you can also walk around with it hanging off your belt so all your buddies know you have a wireless motor. Motor is strong and quite . Windy days trying to keep the boat positioned with a pedal are over , high tech now, love it.
on May 19, 2013
I am using it on a recently purchased pontoon boat. Easy to install and plenty of power for an inland lake. Love the convinience of the remote.
on November 8, 2014
Works great plenty of power to move my tracker grizzly and very responsive 5 stars!!!
on May 13, 2014
did not have all the fasteners needed. the prop fastener was missing - the bolts needed to bolt the base plate to the bolt were not correct - the nut went on about 1 inch then locked up. I am a mechanic and this issue comes up when using overseas fasteners. I still have not been able to determine the prop thread.
on April 28, 2015
Bought this to put on a pontoon. Took out one time worked for about 10 mins. then stopped figured it was the battery in controller but it was not the battery. Now I will have to contact motor guide to see if they will warrantee the item. Was going to return item but the 30 days are up. Due to cold weather I could not use it tell now.
on November 30, 2016
I have this motor (w55) on my pontoon boat and use it frequently. It is amazing. It's true that the foot pedal remote does not have as much range as the hand held remote does. However, I usually fish from the front of the boat and when you're standing right next to the motor, it works fine. I usually keep the hand held remote on a lanyard around my neck and the foot pedal on the floor. I will switch back and forth using them. I don't really understand all the complaints about it not working from the back of the boat. You need to see the motor and if I was in the back of the boat, I'd have a hard time seeing it in order to control it. I do a lot of bass fishing and am very confident when using this motor.
on November 14, 2010
As the subject line says... The wireless foot pedal does not work well in the back of the boat. (range issue) I purchased the new trolling motor so I could offer the prime fishing spot to my fishing guests. My wireless key fob works slightly better in back. I had the motor and pedal checked at my local Motorguide service center. One foot pedal and control module later... no real improvement. On the positive side, the new unit draws far less current than my original trolling motor. The Motorguide is very similar to Min Kota's model. They chose to sell their model without a wireless foot pedal. I know why. I'm sure they both use the same control modules...etc. Motorguide trolling motors are less expensive. With either brand, you will have to purchase the wireless control separate. MinKota comes with a wired pedal with a long cable. Motorguide comes with a wireless foot pedal. I hope that this is helpful.
on July 19, 2014
I own a 75lb wireless motorguide. The foot pedal works occasionally, but I have to put a new CR2032 battery in it about every other time out to get it to work. Oftentimes it goes into a high speed spin of turning the motor to the left or right and I have to pull the power plug to get it to stop. From then on, it goes into a high speed spin every time I plug it in, until I take the battery out of the foot pedal. Some times when I replace the battery, it works okay for awhile; other times it automatically goes into a high speed spin of turning the motor again. I bought the key fob and it has worked perfect since I have been using it (over a year). I don't know if buying a replacement foot pedal will solve the problem and hate to spend $100 if it is something else.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.