Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TMS T-NS-MRC001 500-Pound Heavy Duty Motorcycle Dirt Bike Scooter Carrier Hitch Rack Hauler Trailer with Loading Ramp and Anti-Tilt Locking Device
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on September 10, 2011
For the price it works excellent. I did a lot of research before buying this and in the end I am very happy with the purchase.

I've used it quite a few times for my 650cc Dual Sport motorcycle that weights at least 350lb.

Does take a bit of time to assemble and the instructions are not the best, just be patient and do it piece by piece.

Some of the minor drawbacks I've found with this hitch are first with the loading ramp. With the bike loaded on the hitch the ramp takes a little finesse to fit back into its housing. The hitch seems to expand a little bit and the stock holes on the ramp do not line up exactly to the housing bolts. What I did was to use a drill and elongate the bolt holes a bit. Use a carbide bit as the steel is pretty thick!

Also not entirely impressed with the stock hitch pins. They do their job no issue at all, I've puts many 100s of miles on the stock hitch the way it came, but it does wobble a little bit. Again no issues at all of it ever feeling "unsecure" but I'd recommend buying the Rola Hitch accessory part #63145-1 ($10-15), this will press the hitch acc. against the hitch and remove any wobbling.
on August 18, 2015
Just went on a 230 mile drive with this hauler. I have a 2000 tacoma prerunner and this was perfect. I hauled a ex500 kawasaki ninja about ~400lbs and it was perfect. I strapped the front and the back down as well as the whole hauler to my bumper to keep it from wobbling. Great price for a great hauler! I should've took more photos but here is one.
review image
on May 12, 2011
I too bought this because of the mostly postive reviews, and so far agree with those reviews. The carrier came with instructions and took me about 30 minutes to put together. The only hiccup I came across while putting it together is that one of the long bolts came cross threaded so I have to find something to put in its place. Also for some reason I cannot screw the hitch pin into the anti tilt bracket when installed into the hitch. I will have to look into that more when I get a chance.
Overall I am pleased with my purchase; good price and so far good quality. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a carrier for a motorcycle less than 500lbs.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2010
This is a great deal. The steel is completely "bomber" and the assembly is straightforward (just return to Amazon and look at the pictures). It would be nice if the assembly instructions were included, and you would think that instructions for use would be mandatory for a unit sold for use on federal highways, but other than that, I am sure that I got the best unit for the best price anywhere. It's slightly wider than the Jeep Liberty, so I have to remind myself that at gas stations...but that's my issue. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes to assemble. Sweet, sweet deal. The pin securing the ramp to the tail is attached with a cotter pin that doesn't fit, so I'm going to get a new one before going anywhere. Still this doesn't feel like a Chinese unit of lowest bidder quality.
on June 20, 2013
This feels like a solid piece of equipment. Like others have said, the instructions leave a lot to be desired. For instance, how am I supposed to use this anti-tilt feature? There's no reference at all in the instructions. Also the tie down points seem to be designed by someone who has never tied anything down. But, having said all that, I still recommend it. The ramp is a bit steep, but I was still able to load my Vespa by myself. The steel seems plenty strong to me, and the unit went together quite easily.

So, if anyone wants to know how to use the anti-tilt thing...it goes like this. slide the U-shaped piece into the neck of the carrier, being sure to line the holes up. Gently slide the neck into your hitch receiver, trying your best not to move the anti-tilt piece, thereby losing the alignment of the holes. Once the holes in your hitch receiver are lined up with the holes in the neck of the carrier, insert the long pin through the side where the threaded block is lined up. It should go right in, up until the threads meet. Tighten the bolt with a wrench until it's good and tight. Slide the collar over the other side of the bolt and into the hole on your hitch receiver. Place the pin through the bolt, and you're done! I'm surprised, it works quite well at stabilizing the whole thing.
on August 15, 2013
Taking into consideration that this is about 1/3 price of the next model that I was thinking about, I'm pretty happy with the build.

Instructions? HA! make sure you have the parts on the list (which even misses the anti sway parts) but putting it together IMO is common sense. It took me about 20 min to put it together, and I'm no mechanical genius.
I think most dirtbike types are pretty mechanical, so pretty sure folks can figure this out without instructions.

The ramp sucks, it kicks out if the tires are less then perfect, I'm cutting the corners of the vertical wall off at a 45 deg. angle which will minimize that.

All in all, it's not that tough to put together, and it works pretty well.

If it were $180 shipped instead of $73 I'd have more criticisms, but to buy the cheapest one by a long shot & have it work with some small modifications to make it better... I can't complain. FOR THE MONEY, it gets 5 stars from me.
review image
on April 30, 2011
I put four different carriers on my wishlist and would take certain ones off and put them back on, all while trying to decide. I finally decided on this one based upon reviews, and the price I could find one for. It is pretty heavy powder coated steel, and very sturdy. I opened the box to take everything out and see how much trouble it was going to be to put together, as everyone has complained about not getting instructions. SURPRISE, I had instructions in my box! They were easy to follow, and took me less than 20 minutes to put everything together.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
All and all a great product for the money. Felt like the reviews I read on this were accurate. Received product quickly. About an hour to put this together and I was not moving fast. Easily can put in hitch myself. Takes up very little storage space in garage. Like the fact it has 4 anchor points for the bike to the hitch. Makes it pretty darn stable. I really wanted to spend more money to get a quality product but I didn't need to. This was the quality product I was looking for.
on September 18, 2013
This carrier was easy enough to put together except that there were a few parts that were not on the instructions and had to figure out what they were for. Once together and attached to my trailer hitch for the long drive from Southwest Harbor, ME, to Norwalk, CT, it looked like I was golden. Then I tried to put the 150 Vespa I had just purchased on it. What a disaster. It rocked back and forth like a ship at sea. I tried to tie it down and stabilize it but, no matter what I did I could not get it to stand straight and get it to stay that way. I ended up renting a U-Haul trailer. Anybody want to buy a dirt bike/scooter carrier real cheap?
on June 22, 2011
This thing is great, I use it constantly to haul my motor scooters and my 650cc motorcyle. It's rated to 500 lbs.and it will safely do it. Easy to assemble, it took me about 35 minutes to put it together. Comes with a a ramp for loading and it works well. I can honestly say this is one of the best things I have bought in a long time, well worth the price!