2 Year Mobile Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- A service fee will apply. $10 to repair or $29 to replace your phone.
Motorola Moto G (2nd generation) Unlocked Cellphone, 8GB, White
- Front ported stereo speakers
- All-day 2,070 mAh battery
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Optimized to work with 3G (UMTS/HSPA+) networks when roaming outside the US. Only supports 2G coverage on T-Mobile
- This device is shipped with a wall charger.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
- 5-inch 720p HD display
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
Compare with similar items
Choose a brilliant display, stereo sound, all-day battery, Single-SIM support, and latest Android OS. Your choice: the MOTO G 2nd Generation.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: lovely 5" screen, quick and responsive touch, perfect size screen, Gorilla Glass! micro-usb charging (common), stock Android Kit Kat, upgradeable to Android L when released, MicroSD card slot, front stereo speakers, great call quality, great reception, price, unlocked (great for travel), no contract! Blutooth and Wifi work fine. No issues connecting to our home network and my wifes work wifi.
Cons: No 4GLTE, Non Removable battery, No included headset/ear buds, LIMITED accessories so far(cases)
Build Quality: Nothing to complain about. Perfect weight, feels solid, very tight, does NOT feel flimsy. The back phone cover is easily swappable. The black color is a deep matte black. Not slippery hard plastic, but a more rubberized feel.
Battery life is very good. Not stellar, but easily lasts a complete day for my wife who is a average smartphone user. I just wish the battery was replaceable to increase longevity of the phone.
This phone is perfect for the non-power user, average user, someone new to android, or is replacing their phone off contract. The specs are slightly above average for a phone in this price category! It is an amazing phone for under $200 off contract. 4G LTE would have been greatly appreciated, but it is not necessary because my wife's iphone 4 never had it either (and she is almost always connected to wifi anyways).
I personally use the flagship LG G3 on AT&T (another AMAZING phone). so I set everything up for my wife (iphone4 user). I imported her contacts from her iphone which was simple after watching a few youtube videos on how to do it. Just search on youtube "iPhone to Android Contact list". The entire process after watching the video took 2 minutes lol. Of course this phone cannot compare to my LG G3, BUT, I was very impressed with this MotoG 2nd Gen.
Contents: Box, Manuals, phone, and charging cable with plug. It is a wall plug with long microusb cable attached to the plug itself. Basically the wall plug adapter and the microusb cable cannot be separated. It is built as one single unit.
NOTE* If you live in the UNITED STATES, buy the US GSM version. The Global version will work fine.... BUT the US GSM version is better suited for US cellular signals. I can confirm this phone works perfectly with AT&T and should work perfectly with T-mobile.
I would order this phone again in a heartbeat for my wife. She loves it. I hope this review helps!
This phone continues to impress me. The screen is very bright and the colors are vivid and punchy. The screen resolution is more than adequate, it is very similar to the iphone 4 retina display. If you look closely, you can barely see pixels. Don't worry, the screen is very sharp and small text can be read with ease.
After playing with the phone for over 12 hours, installing apps, configuring the phone, browsing the web, facebook, spotify, etc.. I still show 30% battery remaining from a full charge this morning! This was an intensive day of usage setting everything up. I easily downloaded 20+ apps, and probably 100 songs on spotify.
Do not be concerned about the lack of "dual sim". Unless you are a frequent traveler going overseas this is not an important feature. Dual sim is used so that when traveling, you can buy a foreign sim card and insert it into your phone without needing to remove your primary sim card (hence, dual sim). With this single sim US GSM model, just remove your sim and swap it out for the foreign sim card, no big deal. Just don't lose your primary sim card lol.
The native Android experience has been amazingly good. Recommend you change to the Google Now launcher as it is a great upgrade. I'm surprised how good the integration is with T-Mobile, the voice mail, texting, gmail and exchange-email all seem to be working very well. Plus they have promised a Lollipop upgrade asap without having to worry about my carrier.
Bluetooth integration works well. I use a Roadster 2 in my car and a Logitech HT800 at work the integration is great. Plus with the Google now (Okay Google) and MotoSpeak app for hands free driving. The launcher seems to make the calls hand free most times with only occasionally having to repeat the command. It very nice to just ask it to play a song or artist and it just does it.
I'm using the US GSM version and with T-Mobile, I'm seeing LTE like speed with HSPA+. I've seen youtube videos saying you may get more bandwidth on T-Mobile with HSPA+ than an overloaded AT&T LTE network. Music streaming and app downloading has been great no delays. 20Mb apps from the play store seem to be downloading over HSPA+ in about 30 seconds.
The MicroSD slot was great. I took the 32GB card out of my old phone and put it directly into the new phone. It carried over all the photo's, music, audible books, podcasts etc.
Even though the body is plastic it has a nice shape that feels good in the hand. Once you put the phone in a case that plastic body becomes a non-issue. We ended up buying four Moto-G unlocked here and we are all really happy.
1) screen size - not that much bigger than Nexus' 4.7, but the more I use it, the more I like it. 5 Inches is good for using the phone as a GPS/ watch movies and at the same time it still fits in the pocket.
2) resolution - the colors are vibrant, even though the resolution is not that great. I set it to "Auto" and it is good enough to see both in the evening and during daytime.
3) Micro SD card slot - is a beautiful thing, easy to reach on this phone, I bought a Samsung micro SD card here on Amazon, pretty inexpensive.
4) sound - using T-Mobile, I did notice that I have to set the call volume high, but I can still hear the other person clearly. Alarms/music/movies sound good.
5) Internet speeds - On T-Mobile, I mostly get H, and sometimes H+ and 3G, and pages load faster than on Nexus 4.
6) Camera - MUCH better than on Nexus 4, makes good shots even in low light conditions. Images can be a little fuzzy, but the colors are true.
7) Battery - also MUCH better than on Nexus 4, easily lasts a day with moderate/heavy use; takes 1.5 hours to get a full charge.
8) Build quality - very good, does not look/feel cheap.
9) the only thing I noticed is a tiny lag when returning to the home screen, about 1 second that it takes widgets/apps on the home screen to load.
Bottom line - for the money, this is a very good unlocked phone and an excellent value. People even mistake it for a Samsung Galaxy phone sometimes, that's how good it looks!
Update - December 21
Im still very much impressed with the phone, just wanted to add a couple of things I noticed:
1) It now takes a little longer to charge from 0 to 100% - 2 hours versus 1.5 when new;
2) The battery doesnt last as long, as when I bought it, but still close to a full day with moderate/heavy use; pages load just a bit slower;
3) The camera is really very good. I had a chance to compare it with that of the new Moto X, and Moto G's camera is definitely better, colors are true and vibrant;
4) Motorola's support is great - lately my phone was not always charging, when connected to a charger, and sometimes a call would drop, and when I called Motorola, I was able to arrange for a free replacement, prepaid mailing label and all;
I would buy it again...And of course, the fact that the phone is water-resistant is an added bonus!
Top reviews from other countries
I was concerned about storage because my previous phone had so much more. So far, I have installed several average-sized apps without any issues. I will not use this phone for games because they take up so much space. Instead, I have a tablet for those.
Very pleased with shipping time as well. Would recommend.
Sin embargo, me hubiera gustado que lo hubieran protegido mejor, sobre todo porque venía de importación y eso significa que en el transcurso se va aplastar, aventar, etc. Era la caja de motorola donde cabe justamente, por lo que el celualar no tenía daños, pero como solo venía en un empaque plastico, las esquinas y en general la caja se veía algo aplastada y maltratada.