Top positive review
29 people found this helpful
Great sound, flexible and durable
on November 28, 2011
The Motorola SF200 Sports Headphones are great sounding, are very flexible and have nice soft, durable rubber encasing.
- The sweat proof headphones come with a vinyl carry pouch that has a velcro closure.
- Includes 4 additional sets of rubber ear cushions of varying size, with two sets having notches.
- The over the ear piece is very flexible but is not adjustable.
- Has an inline microphone with on/off volume control which is on right side cable.
- The cables are rubber.
- Has cable clip to keep the cables from free swinging or getting tangled while your active.
- The 3.5 mm audio jack has a right angle bend and is also rubberized.
- Motorola's website states the following as the warranty: "Monaural Headsets. Ear buds and boom headsets that transmit mono sound through a wired connection: Limited lifetime warranty for the lifetime of ownership by the first consumer purchaser of the product."
- The sound is great for me with a nice bass. I usually keep the volume set to midway and it still blocks most surrounding sounds while in a noisy office or while walking outdoors it blocks ambient noise.
- The wires do not transmit noise when rubbed against myself or anything else.
- The rubber ear pieces are soft and their fit is comfortable for my small ears so no ear canal pain/irritation.
- The mic transmit clearly and I don't need to hold the mic at my mouth to be heard on phone calls.
- Music/audio is paused automatically when you answer a call through the mic control and resumes playing when the call is ended.
- I have found this works with iPhone 4(IOS 5), iPhone 3GS(IOS 5), iPad 1(IOS 5), and Kindle Touch, leading me to believe it is compatible with most smart devices but with limited functionality. I couldn't get the audio control to advance or go to the previous tracks only pause and play, this may the case with most smart device outside of the MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player since a review here states pause/play/previous/forward functions work with it.
- I have very small ears so the ear piece that goes over the ear, sits even with the top of my ear not flush to the bend at the top, making me wish I could adjust this section for a better, secure fit. The headphones stay on as they are now but since they are not flush behind my ears I couldn't use them for any type of vigorous active other than a fast walk. This is a problem only those with small ears will experience.
- The control only turns audio on and off, and doesn't navigate through tracks or positions in an audiobook.
I would definitely recommend these headphones to most people, with exception of those with small ears since the over the ear piece is not adjustable.
Side Note: I have found with a lot of headphones with audio controls, including this one, sometimes the smart device stops responding to the control. Simply unplug the headphones and plug them back in and the audio control will start to work again.