- Weight: 15.84 ounces
Motorola BACKFLIP with Motoblur Phone
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The unique BACKFLIP features a reverse flip design, spacious keyboard and BACKTRACK touch panel (see larger image).
With MOTOBLUR, updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter as well as e-mail are automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola BACKFLIP brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The BACKFLIP also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
This GPS-enabled phone can access Google Maps as well as the AT&T Navigator service for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions. The BACKFLIP comes with a 2 GB microSD memory card pre-installed, and it's compatible with optional additional cards up to 16 GB in size. Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, full HTML Web browser, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
Revolutionary DesignThe BACKFLIP's original design can be used in a unique tabletop multimedia mode so you can watch movies, TV shows or other streaming video on the 3.1-inch widescreen display--it's also the perfect set up for using as an alarm clock. And the BACKFLIP's full QWERTY keyboard makes sending messages fast and easy.
It also features another Motorola innovation--the BACTRACK rear navigation pad, which simulates a PC experience and makes scrolling and surfing effortless. With the rear BACKTRACK touch pad, you can flick through photos or Web pages for your friends without your fingers obscuring the home screen.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 1.5) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications. (Learn more)
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
- MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
- View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts
- Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options.
- Built-in accelerometer and eCompass for use with location and orientation apps.
- 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 65K colors)
- 5-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, LED flash, video capture (24 fps), and easy uploading of videos to YouTube,
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock. (Profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- Full HTML Web browsing
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Instant messaging via AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, and Google Talk
- Push e-mail via Google and Exchange with support for IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail
- Google and corporate calendar (supports Exchange 2003 and 2007 protocols)
- Back-up and security: Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows you to use the phone's fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
- 3.5mm headset jack
- USB connectivity
- Dual microphone with noise cancellation
- Voice dialing capabilities
- 528 MHz processor, 256 MB flash memory
The Motorola BACKFLIP weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 4.25 x 2.09 x 0.6 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 324 hours (13.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus 2100 MHz international 3G networks.
What's in the Box
Motorola BACKFLIP handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
|High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
|The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.|
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your Motorola BACKFLIP with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
Developed by Motorola, MOTOBLUR is an innovative solution that manages and integrates communications--from work e-mail to social networking activity--on your BACKFLIP. Updates to contacts, posts, messages, photos and more are streamed together and synced from sources including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail. MOTOBLUR automatically delivers these updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications to keep up with the latest content.
The BACKFLIP also features multitasking capabilities and one-touch access to the Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, YouTube and Picasa. Easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts is supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. e-mail and contacts are also supported by Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, and other POP3 and IMAP e-mail services. It also combines instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
Additionally, the Android Market hosts a wide variety of unique applications, and with the Motorola BACKFLIP's one-click access to it you can find and download a wide range of innovative software applications--from games to social networking and on-the-go shopping--to personalize your phone. Here's a sampling of just some of the available applications:
- Sherpa, created by Geodelic, learns a person's likes and dislikes through behavior and user feedback, prioritizing recommended retailers, restaurants and attractions. Sherpa features a learning machine that automatically customizes itself to the user's preferences.
- imeem Mobile streams music customized to your tastes, recommending new songs and artists based on which songs you identify as your favorites.
- WorldTour puts live webcams from around the world onto your home screen.
- Phonebook offers an upgraded, more personalized phonebook for Android.
- FreshFace is a theme engine to further customize your phone.
- Movies by Flixster takes the aspect of movie reviews to the next level. Through integration with Facebook, you can find friends who also want to see that movie or read reviews from friends who have already seen it.
Top Customer Reviews
I had a short list of "have to have" features:
Good signal - Check - I've experienced better signal than my Samsung windows mobile phone
Touch screen - Check - pretty large, given the small phone size
Keypad - Check - Larger keys than my last phone, great for texting and browsing!
Decent camera - Check - 5.0MP baby! With flash! Again, better than last phone
Multi-window Web browser - Check - Up to 4, plenty for me. Changed home page to Google and I'm good to go!
Apps - Check - Market has large assortment and I've downloaded several already. Enjoying bar code reader and Amazon apps.
SD Expansion - Check - up to 32GB
I'm new to the Android, but I like the intuitive interface, plus Motoblur and the weather, calendar and message widgets, but I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface. I'm not one to indiscriminately download software all over the web, so open access outside the Market is not a deal breaker for me. The one complaint I'd have is that I'd like to get rid of some of the preloaded AT&T apps that I won't use...or at least find a way to hide them, but I can work around that till I figure something out.
Bottom line, love the phone and I don't miss the things that others have complained about. I'm a geek, but apparently not as geeky as some. It cost me less than the windows mobile phone I had, plus has better features, it's lighter, faster AND IT'S NOT an iPhone, so it's all good!
Now that I've had it a few days, I have to say I'm very glad I got it. The only real issue I've had so far was in transferring my contacts. For some reason, when I tried to copy them all from my old SIM I only got one number per person and no other related data (birthdays, addresses, etc.). So I am still working on fixing that little issue, but the rest of the phone is great. I've installed a number of other applications with no problems, and for those of you concerned that you cannot install anything from outside of the Android market, do a little research and I'm sure you'll find a way around that issue. Personally, I haven't yet found a need for that.
As the the things I love, I'll start with five customizable home screens. Having the ability to make this look however I want with the shortcuts, widgets, and background I choose is awesome, and puts this heads above the iPhone in my opinion. I personally always hated having to scroll through the multiple screens on the iPhone just to find the one thing I wanted.Read more ›
Even happier with this phone now than I was before! I have gotten used to using it and it is like second nature. The little touchpad is a life saver. (Discussed below...) A few other things I have noticed are:
1. that the phone is narrow enough to easily reach all areas of the screen with your thumb while holding the phone normally. On my old phone you had to either use two hands or wallow the phone around in your hand to get your thumb on everything. Though the screen is physically smaller on the Backflip, it is much easier to use and navigate on.
2. The phone and screen are very durable. Mine survived a serious drop of about 10 feet while I was on a ladder. (Yeah yeah. I know. I shouldn't have been using my phone while climbing on a ladder.) Anyway, I dropped the phone onto concrete. The plastic was scuffed up a bit but has had no detrimental effect on the phone.
3. I can play YouTube videos. Evidently iPhone (or the Safari browser) cannot.
So after 6 months I can say I am still very very happy with the Backflip. I will post another update once the Android software update rolls out.
I have now had the phone a few months and can still say that I am as pleased with this phone as I have been with anything I have ever bought. It has turned out to be a great smartphone. The apps store may have something to do with that. You can download video players, office tools, games, etc... Even some pretty decent E6B flight calculators! There are a couple of apps I suggest you download right off the bat. The first is Advanced Task Killer from Rechild, or another tool to manage apps. The apps killer lets you shut down apps without having to go to each one and close it down individually.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only slightly over priced but totally worth the $2000 said nobody everPublished 17 months ago by robshow
Thank you so much for the fast shipping im excited to use the phone once i get it unlocked for t-mobile have a great summer and thanks again :)Published on July 14, 2012 by GREAT
Got the phone...looked like everything was fine. Browser was great....until the phone started rebooting...constantly for the next 15 minutes. Can't even make a phone call now. Read morePublished on May 21, 2012 by Anonymous
i bought a new unlocked Motorola BM300 (international version)in USA. It cannot be set up for a connection in Shanghai, which is the largest city in China. cannot believe it! Read morePublished on February 8, 2012 by bc
Worst experience I've ever had with an electronic device. I used this phone painstakingly for over a year and a half. Read morePublished on December 23, 2011 by Neil Allen
the features on this phone are awsome but the phone itself is horrible it freezes wont let you answer it the 3g an wi fi are always going in an out it turns its self off it has... Read morePublished on November 23, 2011 by linz
I was very proud when I received the first Android phone on the AT&T network. It had everything I needed and quite a bit that I didn't. Read morePublished on October 10, 2011 by Erik J. Meyer
This phone sucks. It gets really hot so you can barely stand to touch it. The touch screen doesn't always work, the other day I couldn't answer my phone. Read morePublished on April 26, 2011 by Jessica Wargo