Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on April 19, 2013
My wife and I had a Panasonic wireless digital answering machine that was going "flakey" after 10 or more years. Our requirements were simple: Record a missed phone call and store a half dozen frequently called numbers. My wife and I are approaching 70 and had no use for anything too complicated. I did a lot of online research and where possible, downloaded manuals in .pdf format starting with Panasonic. When the user manual gets to be over 70 pages and yet the product doesn't have the basic features I was looking for, it was time to move on. I was leery of getting this Motorola model because it isn't a strategic product for them. Go to their website and look for information to confirm that. Some reviews said things like you couldn't erase single messages (not true) and some reviews said the menus seemed to be backwards, i.e. "On" meant "Off." I kind of agree with that. The "kicker" was the instruction of how to get your messages remotely. You dial and enter a 4-digit code to hear them. I spent hours over two days trying to get that to work. Finally, I called the support number and got a human being. I was asked if I entered a "*" (star) key before entering the 4-digit code. No, I didn't because there is no mention of that in the instruction manual. That did the trick and I was mildly amused that in this day and age a manual could be written and published without anyone verifying the text. It helps being older and putting things in perspective. I should have been outraged!
on May 12, 2013
I am quite particular about phones and like Vtech usually but I've found their batteries die very fast. I bought these hoping a different brand would fare better. I was disappointed to find that the buttons are rubbery and slow to respond. Most people likely won't care but because I was used to Vtech style it was a surprise. Other unfortunate parts are that they'll echo at times and if you view your missed calls on one handset it doesn't clear them on the other 3. Also, phonebooks don't share between handsets. I might be able to fix these last two complaints in the settings but I'm not sure.
on May 19, 2013
If I could give it zero stars I would.

I got this phone to eliminate interference with my Internet connection that I get with my old phone. Simply put this phone did not work. I charged the set for 24 hours and plugged it in. I could never get it to receive a dial tone and I couldn't get the "Out of Range" message to go away. Setting up a phone should not be a difficult process and this was not worth my time and effort. Ugh.

Additionally, the phone is very light weight and feels cheap. Glad I kept my old phone which I will continue using until I find a replacement.
on January 23, 2014
I ordered this set to replace a several year old set of V-Tech phones, and had to return them. I have had several Motorola cell phones over the years which were excellent, but these phones are terrible! The display is very difficult to navigate, the phonebook is almost impossible to program, and the phone volume only goes about half as loud as my old V-Tech phones. I would never recommend this product!
on November 6, 2014
I don't know about the other phones with the package, but the main phone I put with the answering machine has a terrible crackling sound when I try to listen to messages. Then, in a few seconds, it clears up and I can hear them well. The same thing happens when I use the phone to make a call. Other than that, which I consider to be a major defect, the phones are very nice, portable and easy to install.
on July 8, 2013
Reliable phone and we are happy with our purchase. I dropped one yesterday and it still works fine. These phones are lightweight. There is good range with the wireless connection. The only drawback is that the dialing is a bit slower than our previous motorola phone. When you press the numbers to dial, there is a slight pause for each one, but we are getting accustomed to that. I definitely recommend this phone system.
on October 8, 2012
It is impossible to use this phone to make a call, develop a phone book, retrieve a message, delete a message, all basic functions, without the manual. Way too complicated (press mute to delete a message, for example)! My first phone broke within weeks. So far, the replacement is working, but if I have a problem with this one, I will not buy another of this type!
on June 7, 2014
These phones function well. However there is no lighted number keys which the specs don't mention. Also for each handset speed dial memory must be entered into each of the four handsets, apparently they don't all communicate. Same with "missed call" has to be viewed on all phones, which gets confusing and daunting.
on February 13, 2012
These are beautiful phones but they are so hard to dial.You have to press hard to dial numbers. These phones look like they were refurbished. The reason I ordered this particular phone was because I saw the same phone advertising on the shopping network called QVC advertising for the same price but when I tried to order it they had sold out. So I looked on Amazon and I found the same phone for a little but more than QVC.The speaker phone is very low and you can not hardly hear the caller.
on January 7, 2014
I needed to replace the phones in my residence and I am a fan of the Batwing.
The phones work well, but I was disappointed that they do not have a headset jack.
The audio is clear and the phone produces a crisp, loud receiver.
I recommend the Motorola portables, as long as you do not need a headset.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.