Motorola HX550 Universal Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- TEXT WITH YOUR VOICE- Download MotoSpeak App to dictate texts hands-free and to hear texts read through your headset. Optimized for Android-powered 2.2 or higher devices.
- BETTER BACKGROUND NOISE REDUCTION - HX550 cancels twice as much background noise as Plantronics’ comparable product. You can hear and be heard with Crystal Talk dual-mic noise cancellation.
- CUSTOMIZE FOR COMFORT- The first headset that lets you choose how you want to wear it from three options - on your ear, in-ear with an earhook or in-ear without a hook.
- POWER FLIP- The unique RapidConnect feature lets you handle calls with just a flip. Simply flip open to turn on and talk, flip closed to turn off and save power.
- Motorola retail packaging includes: Headset, 1 On-ear Hook, 1 In-ear Hook, 2 In-ear Gels, Wall Charger, Quick Start Guide
- Comfortable Bluetooth headset with multiple wearing styles--on-ear; in-ear without hook; and in-ear with earhook
- Superior audio quality and noise cancellation of CrystalTalk
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Motorola HX550 Universal Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||MY Mobile GLX||Amazon.com||Clicker deals||Just Right!||FLODIS|
|Item Dimensions||1.7 x 7.9 x 3.5 in||0.7 x 2 x 0.7 in||0.62 x 2 x 0.75 in||1.65 x 0.66 x 1.06 in||0.5 x 3.7 x 0.5 in||1.57 x 3.54 x 3.74 in|
|Item Weight||0.32 ounces||4 ounces||4.8 ounces||0.49 ounces||0.3 ounces||1.76 ounces|
Motorola HX550 Universal Bluetooth Headset is your complete hands-free solution. Flip open to answer, enjoy crystal clear calls with dual microphone noise reduction and customize your fit with three wearing styles. HX550 features MOTOSPEAK to text with your voice, A2DP, up to 9 hours of talk time and up to 16 days of standby time.Voltage Required: AC 110 V.
Top customer reviews
I just received this order and it did not arrive in any kind of retail packaging I have seen in a real store. It came in a small white box with black labeling. The typography is good quality, and it looks like it could be some type of packaging for somewhere, but definitely not retail. The genuine Motorola retail packaging for this product is a clear plastic box in red and black. Please see photo. The white box is the one I will return because I do not trust anything electronic that isn't in original sealed retail packaging.
UPDATE: MAKE THAT SIX TIMES!
Jesus, another one lost. I need a support group.
I guess I must like this bluetooth headset since I have purchased it five times already after losing it, or throwing it in the washer by mistake. Still stays reliable and works consistently. A good value compared to the other high costs options I have tried in between these purchases. I keep coming back to this little guy.
Normally, Siri is activated by holding the activation button for two seconds. However, with this headset, Siri is activated with a single touch of the device's button. This is no problem at all if Siri is what you want activated. In fact, it makes Siri activation a complete no-brainer.
The problem arises if you wish the headset to control playback of music, podcasts, etc. Normally, a single click toggles the start and stop of the iPhone's playback. A double-click skips the current selection and begins the play of the next selection and a triple-click plays the previous selection. None of these work with this headset. The initial click activates Siri each time.
Again, if Siri is all you want, the device works perfectly. But I wanted to be able to start and stop my podcasts with the headset. Without that ability, I literally had to reach for my iPhone to stop playback which, of course, defeats the purpose of having a hand-free headset.
As an aside, the headset's volume controls are separate from the iPhone's. In other words, you can lower and raise the volume on your headset and/or lower and raise the volume on your iPhone. The headset does not control the iPhone's volume controls.
Other than the Siri specific items mentioned above, the device worked as advertised and as reviewed. So long as you are not bothered or affected by the Siri specific items mentioned in my review, I can highly recommend this product.
Downloaded MotoSpeak app which:
1. cannot read the phone ADDRESS book (AT&T) so cannot make any calls by speaking into headset
2. cannot answer an incoming call
3. will send a spoken text message
4. will read out a text message.
Without MotoSpeak installed, will only work with Google speak.
Contacted Motorola support:
1. Called 1-877-MOTOBLU - disconnected twice. Third rep claimed defective product and wanted to "upgrade" me at no charge to HX600 but only after debiting my cc until they received the HX550 back which would be weeks w/o headset and more money out the door for me (customer).
2. (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/). Was only one in queue for over 45 mins and then it dropped me and gave me the option to send customer support an email.
LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE
...(Motorola) Support: we’re here to help. If you have questions or need assistance, go to
1-877-MOTOBLU (same customer service reps as USA number below - Asia!!)
You can also contact the Motorola Customer Support Center at: 1-800-331-6456 (United States - not),
Bottom line, can't get Motorola support to make this work - so having to return it. Better customer support from BlueAnt (Australian manufacturer). Pity BlueAnt now makes gargantuan, uncomfortable headsets because their features are the best around.