Customer Reviews: Motorola MBP25-2 Wireless Video Baby Monitor LCD Color Screen and Two Cameras, 2.4 Inch
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on September 12, 2014
My dilemma was finding a monitor that would meet two different needs. My 2.5 year old's camera would have to be mounted on the wall across the room from his bed (8 feet away), in order to get a decent wide angle shot of whatever he's doing (hopefully sleeping!), while the newborn's camera would be mounted on the wall close to the crib for a close-up view. Unfortunately, most video baby monitors I tried (notably, the Infant Optics DXR-5) just seemed to lack the strength of video in night vision to adequately view my toddler son in his fully dark room during naps and at night, which is the only time I use it for him. I was, therefore, VERY surprised and happy to see how well this Motorola monitor performed, especially at this price point.
The 2 cameras came already paired up with the parent unit. The day camera view is crisp and in color. The night/dark mode is black & white (as expected), and although I adjusted the brightness up a few notches, but didn't need to max it out in order to get a really decent picture of my toddler in his black-out curtained room, with the camera pointed at his bed at a distance of 8 feet. Now, the video on this is not as crisp as the daytime camera, but I can clearly view whether he is awake or asleep, his positioning, and distinguish him easily from his bedding. This was NOT my experience with other cameras. There's a little pixelation in the viewing feed, if I was going to be picky about it, but not nearly enough to make me unhappy with the quality of the picture.

The Basics:
- Video performs in different capacities -- up close and across the room. This was my main trouble with most other monitors, they seemed to be made only for viewing within 3-4 feet of the subject.
- Easy scanning feature between cameras is going to be awesome when the baby gets here. I'm glad they made a shortcut button on the parent unit for this. You can cycle through the cameras manually, or set the parent unit to switch camera feeds automatically every 8 seconds or so. NICE. It's a feature I see on higher-end models, but find so convenient on this unit.
- Talk-back feature is an option. I'm not sure how much I will use this, to be honest, but it's there if I needed it.
- Ability to turn off the video while audio stays active, and the sound-bar lights alert.
- Ability to turn the volume all the way down (mute) with the video feed still active. Sometimes I don't need to hear the babbling of the toddler, if I can see he's fine.
- The cord for charging the parent unit is a decent length, letting it rest on my nightstand beside my bed and be plugged in a ways away. I also find the cords to the cameras to be acceptable in length.
- I haven't experienced any loss of signal. Our house, however, is not large (1650 sq. ft).
- Zoom feature - picture resolution degrades a bit after the digital zoom, but being able to pan in this mode is useful and available.
- The audio is clear. Clearer than my Angelcare audio/movement monitor sounds at this point, after 3 years.

- Audio is highly sensitive. This isn't necessarily a CON to me, but the sensitivity is NOT adjustable and there's no VOX feature. You hear a small amount of white noise, but this doesn't bother me. I do have to have the volume on the parent unit at the lowest audible setting, and I can still hear a little bit of my toddler's humidifier when it's running (it's placed on the same side of the room as the camera), but I'd rather hear this than miss hearing when he needs me, and it's not enough to keep me awake at night. For others, however, this might be a bigger deal.
- I read reviews that the battery life of the parent unit is bad when unplugged but I primarily keep ours plugged in, moving the cord for the couple times a day that I need to. I will update my review if I find this a big drawback after some time of use.

OVERALL: This video monitor unit meets the specific needs I have, and I am very pleased with it at this point. I was very unsure whether the product I needed was out there for a reasonable price, but I'm glad to say I was wrong. I would recommend this unit to others, especially if they are looking for a system to monitor multiple children.

UPDATE: I've now had the monitor for 1 year. I have no reason to regret choosing this monitor. It is such a great help, the visuals are still clear, and I'm more than happy with the performance! We wall-mounted the camera directly above our now-1-year-old's crib, and the close-up picture is detailed. I love being able to scan to view my 3 1/2 year old, making sure the baby's crying hasn't disturbed him, and that he's asleep in his bed. I'm loving the light-up soundbar that shows me the noise level. I have found it to be accurate. Additionally, I have found the button placement and general ease-of-use for the hand-held parent unit to be simple and extremely workable, even when I'm grasping for it in the middle of the night. The unit has a nice feel in the hand, and the "sleep mode" button on the upper right-hand side makes a quick visual check of the two different cameras a breeze. The kick-stand has a sturdy feel.
My parents visited to babysit for the evening and thought this monitor was the greatest tool.
I very recently started to use the talking feature with my now-3 1/2-year-old. He has followed my directions when I spoke through the monitor, and a few times he was able to explain a situation where he needed help. I hadn't anticipated using this feature of the monitor, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
The biggest complaint about this monitor has been the battery life, but the longest time I've needed to use it unplugged has been 5 hours and the battery never ran out, so it works for me! Still, if not MORE, highly recommended purchase!
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
I purchased this monitor to keep a closer eye on my mother (I am her caregiver) and I set up one camera in the bedroom, and one in the bathroom. A bonus, I can speak to her through the video screen monitor and she can respond.

Skipping the streaming camera and choosing one with two cameras was the right choice! I was originally going to purchase a monitor that streamed the video, but decided not only would that drain my iPhone/iPad battery, that also meant I would need the device with my at all times, even at home.

Easy set-up right out of the box. The cameras easily switch to night vision - no, it's not as clear as 1080p or anything similar, but the night vision is just right for my needs. Battery in the video monitor is short lived, so I leave it plugged in the majority of the time and utilize the option to jump back and forth between the two cameras which eliminates the need to push a button to switch to the second camera.

I highly recommend this monitor system for anyone who would prefer TWO cameras in different rooms (or in different locations in one room). I've seen the same system at Target and here on Amazon with only one camera, with the options to add a second camera, but it most affordable to buy as this set. Very happy with this purchase!
on August 6, 2014
I love it. For the price it is perfect. The sound is clear and my daughter can understand me when I talk through the camera to her. Someone said the screen has to stay on while on the charger at night and that is not the case. The sound can be on without the screen being on.
on December 29, 2015
I'm giving this 5 stars because you will not find a better set up for the money. I've done lots of research, demo'd a few camera systems, and this one gets the job done without breaking the bank. Picture quality is about a 6-7, not too bad, again ,for the money. 2 cameras, you can communicate as well. This is really cool. I'm not bs'ing around either. I would recommend for sure.
on July 19, 2014
I love the fact that it has 2 cameras so I can have 2 different angles of the crib. Also, the picture is very clear even on night vision. The battery doesn't last quite as long as I would like, but that is a small price to pay for all of the other amazing features!
on January 24, 2016
Works perfectly with my twins. I can go back and forth and see their beds, see what they're doing and interact with them if needed. Definitely a good feature! Volume doesn't go really low, the lowest setting is still somewhat high and then one more click down and it's silent. Other than that I have no complains about the product at this price point!

The monitor is black/white during night vision. The cameras are limited in how they are able to move. The cameras have a constant orange light at night time. We live in a townhouse and haven't had any interference or problems with connectivity.
on February 27, 2015
I read reviews before I bought this item and everyone said the battery life was short. That was no lie. I thought that since we always kept the monitor on a charger it would not be a big deal ..... Well it has been. Also the video button has now broken after 3 months. Only 10 days after its availability to be returned. I would not waste my money on this item. We had a toys r us version previously (summer monitor under their name) and I wish I would have just purchased it again. It lasted 16 months and only had to be replaced due to being dropped in a manner I wouldn't expect any monitor to survive. Off to purchase yet another baby monitor :(
on April 25, 2016
Thanks Motorola for convincing me not to buy a Motorola-product again!
Right out of the box I followed the instruction to charge the parent unit for at least 16 hours before first use. After that time, it turns out the battery was not charging at all. I called customer service who were very friendly and went through the protocol of determining whether it's user error or a faulty device. The battery simply was a lemon and didn't work from the beginning - not a problem I thought, I'll just get a replacement from said friendly customer service representative. Well, when she said that I probably find a cheap replacement battery online I knew this was going to be interesting. I told her that since the product is new and out of the box I'd rather not spent any money on a battery no matter how cheap it would be. Understandable she said, we'll do an exchange. I was told I can choose between regular or advanced exchange method. Regular: I send the product back and wait until Motorola sends a replacement. Advanced, Motorola sends me the replacement and I send my faulty product back once I get the replacement. In the meantime Motorola puts a $150 hold on my credit card for the next 30 days to make sure I send the broken device back. For both options they would send me a shipping label and charge $8 for it. Really?! I just bought your product, clearly it's broken, and these are the options? No thank you. Since I bought it with PRIME I was more than happy to send it back to Amazon - for free - and got a refund right away and I will make sure not to buy Motorola ever again! What a waste of my time.
on June 18, 2016
My husband and I love this camera. We have two sets now. We only use one parent unit with 4 cameras. It was very easy to change the parent unit for the two that it didn't come with. My kids love being able to talk to us, if needed, through the unit. My cats, however, dislike that feature and often hide.
on November 3, 2015
We actually didn't buy this monitor for infants but more for our young kids who sleep on a different floor than we do. To ease their minds, we told them we would have cameras in their room so that we could always watch them and they've been a hit! We can talk to them right from our room through the monitor and you can set it to display either one camera view or both cameras alternating. Great purchase!