4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Motorola MJ270R 22-Channel 27-Mile Two-Way Radios
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Emergency Alert button and 11 weather channels (7NOAA) with alert feature. Also Built in Flashlight.
- iVOX hands-free communication without the need for an audio accessory.
- 22 channels each with 121 privacy codes.
- Up to 27 mile range.
- 27 hr. alkaline (3AA) or 9 hr. NiMH battery life. Includes rechargable battery pack.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Motorola MR350R 35-Mile Range 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair)
Midland GXT1000VP4 36-Mile 50-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair) (Black/Silver)
Motorola Talkabout T460 Rechargeable Two-Way Radio Pair (Dark Blue)
Motorola Talkabout Radio MH230R
Motorola MR560R Talkabout Radio (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Nuthouse LLC||Robert`s Fojjer||Amazon.com||1 SHOP DIRECT||SUPPLIES USA||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver/black||Black||Black/Silver||Dark blue||Motorola MH230R Talkabout Radio, 2 Pak Yellow||Black|
|Item Dimensions||2.14 x 1.15 x 6.21 in||2.3 x 1.4 x 7.6 in||2.4 x 4 x 1.4 in||2.26 x 1.37 x 7.54 in||1.15 x 2.14 x 6.21 in||2.3 x 7.6 x 1.4 in|
|Style Name||—||Two pack||Pair Pack||Active||MH230R, 2 pack, yellow||—|
The Motorola Talkabout MJ270 is the ideal emergency preparedness communication tool for outdoor enthusiasts and active families. With a range of up to 27 miles, an emergency alert feature and flashlight, the MJ270 radios provide a convenient total emergency preparedness communication device ¿ perfect for active outdoor excursions or life¿s every day adventures. Take a pair on your next trip to the mountains and stay connected without missing important emergency or weather alerts.The MJ270 includes an emergency alert feature, allowing you to enjoy your escape to the great outdoors with confidence that others can be informed of any dangers that may come your way. When the alert button is activated, the radio transmits an alert siren followed by transmission of spoken or incidental sounds. This allows you to send the signal to other radios and warn of impending danger. The MJ270 also features a built-in LED flashlight for peace-of-mind during evening adventures or unexpected emergencies and power outages. Want to keep in touch with changing weather conditions during your family camping adventure? No need to stop the fun ¿ weather alerts will provide your group with warnings of incoming storms or dangerous conditions. And, by tuning in to one of 7 NOAA channels (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) on your MJ270, you will always know what to pack with continuous local and regional weather broadcasting.When you are hiking up a steep mountain trail, you really need to keep your hands free to brace the rocky terrain. With iVOX acting like a speakerphone and allowing hands-free communication, you can keep on moving without stopping to answer a call.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Under $50
- Motorola quality -My first FRS radios were from 15 years ago - Motorola Talkabouts and they were still working until just last year when I dropped one over 7 feet to a concrete floor. Even then, I think the radio was still working... I just figured it was time for one that wasn't cracked wide open. The other one is probably still working... I loaned it to someone and forgot to get it back before moving.
- Rechargeable battery - Nice feature. It comes w/ the battery.
- Recharging stand included - It's nice to be able to drop the radio into the charger in the garage and not have to keep up with a power brick and cord
- You can listen to the radio while it is charging, a base-station mode for the home radio and perhaps leave it on for NOAA alerts when necessary.
- AA battery capabilities - You forgot the charger? You ran out of charge mid-day on a road trip? 3 AA batteries to the rescue! (You do carry a pack of AA batteries and a AA flashlight in your car's emergency kit, right? )
- Mini-USB charging? Really? You forgot the charger and your AA batteries? Use your cell phone charger to power these suckers up! Want a radio at work? Just get an extra USB cable and keep it charged while plugged into your computer. Basically, this is one less power brick and dedicated connector to remember! More electronics should use a standard like this.
NOAA weather radio built in. - You can even turn on weather alerts, so that when you have a tornado alert broadcast by NOAA, the radio will tell you (like the last time I went camping and a tornado went by 1 mile away) if you have it turned on.
plug for an external microphone and/or earpiece so you can still hear the radio w/ the top down or the windows open in the car
- All of the FRS / GMRS channels and tons of sub-channels
- 27 mile rated range... which really means 1-1.5 miles on the road, car to car, but that's plenty of power for average use.
Eventually, either from, continuous use, being dropped or from taking on too much dirt or dust -
they become intermittent and need replacing.
This pair works as described. I don't need it for great distances and can't speak to
how far a range it will work. But, I can say that for my work purposes they are perfect.
Speaking from one building to another within a half mile range has presented no problems.
(Like with any transmissions - it also depends on how much brick and steel are between you and the other radio)
With a good transmission the mic and speaker are very clear without distortion.
The only problem I've had with the Motorolas in the past has been - because we wear them
on a lanyard was we are working - the top rotary knob that controls the volume, rolls against
your body as you work and inadvertently turn the volume down. We've had to put tape on the
knob in the past to keep it from turning. This model allows you to set a volume level in the menu
and avoid that situation.
I use them with batteries that work provide most of the time - but I do like the rechargeable batteries
that are provided for when I use them for family trips and such. Both work as well as the other.