Motorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player with Wrist Strap (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Precisely track your running and cycling outside via GPS and in the gym; wireless upload of your workout data to the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal.
- MOTOACTV 8GB smart MP3 player learns what songs motivate you.
- Set goals and start racing against them; audio coach gives you updates and keeps you going.
- MOTOACTV is sweatproof, rain resistant, scratch resistant with intuitive controls. Touchscreen display adjusts to sunlight.
- Included in the Motorola Retail Packaging: MOTOACTV 8GB, MOTOACTV Sports Wrist Strap, Single Output Wall Charger, Motorola SF200 (stereo headphones with mic), Clothing/Belt Clip, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||TheFactoryDepot||Tech Union||Pro Ebiz||Clever Training||iSave|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Display Type||TFT LCD||Glass||TFT LCD||LCD||high res touchscreen||LCD|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 12 x 5 in||3.66 x 4.13 x 3.66 in||1.73 x 0.67 x 2.28 in||2.1 x 0.6 x 2.4 in||1.2 x 7.7 x 0.5 in||1.79 x 0.62 x 2.25 in|
|Item Weight||—||2.22 ounces||2.4 ounces||6.4 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.52 ounces|
|Sport Type||running, cycling||running, running||—||Running, Track_&_Field, Triathlon||—||Basketball, Bowling, Camping_&_Hiking, Cheerleading, Climbing, Cricket, Dance, Exercise_&_Fitness, Field_Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Outdoor_Lifestyle, Running, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track_&_Field, Triathlon, Yoga|
|Style Name||With Chest Strap||Cardio Runner||GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor||—||WW||Without Heart Rate Monitor|
MMOTOACTV 8GB is a fitness tracker and smart music player combined into a lightweight, wearable device. It's like having a personal trainer and a DJ joining you on your run or ride. It's the smart fusion of music and fitness that alters its workout performances with you, so you can focus on fitness, not playlists. Key Features of MOTOACTV include: Accusense Technology. Track your running and biking performance outside and in the gym. Time, distance, speed, calories burned are all part of your workout.Smart music player (High-Performance Playlist). MOTOACTV's smart music player learns what songs motivate you by tracking your performance against your music. It determines which songs help you perform better (faster pace, more laps, calories burned, etc.) and then compiles them in a high-performance playlist. Now that's motivating.GPS. MOTOACTV tracks your outdoor training via GPS. Track yourself on the device on an uploaded map.Wireless connectivity to WiFi and smartphones. MOTOACTV gives you the option to stay connected to your smartphone, so you can get texts or calls (and rock out) via your stereo Bluetooth headphones (sold separately). Sync to your MOTOACTV.com account via your Android smartphone or WiFi to analyze your performance and set new goals.Goal Setting. Set goals and start training. Race against your previous workout or a challenge from a friend.Audio coach. MOTOACTV's audio coach keeps you moving with updates on your pace, split times and other performance motivators. Download customized training plans from MOTOACTV.com.Dual-mode touchscreen display for indoor and outdoor readability. MOTOACTV's touchscreen display is totally clear, indoors or out - and it switches for you so you can stay focused on training, not lighting. Sweatproof, rain resistant, shockproof, scratch resistant. MOTOACTV is built for your toughest workouts. That means it's sweatproof, rain resistant and scratch resistant - like you.
From the Manufacturer
MOTOACTV is a cutting-edge GPS fitness tracker, heart rate monitor enabled* and smart MP3 playerpacked into a small, sweat proof and stylish device. It’s an evolving platform capable of receiving software updates that enhance features and enable new functionality.
GPS and Accusense technology track your running, walking and cycling data like time, distance, speed, calories burned and heart rate*. You can monitor your performance directly on your device and online at the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal. The smart MP3 player stores hours and hours of your favorite songs and actually "learns" what tunes motivate you the most.
World’s First GPS Fitness Tracker and Smart MP3 Player. All in one.
GPS FITNESS TRACKER: TRAIN SMARTER
MOTOACTV's GPS and AccuSense™ sensors track your distance, time, speed, heart rate* and calories burned so you can monitor your workouts. Also integrates data from optional sensors with ANT+ and BLE technology such as heart rate monitors, pedometers and bike sensors.
The Life Tracker provides ongoing Tracker - tracks steps and calories burned right on your watch screen.
SMART MP3 PLAYER: IT KNOWS WHAT MOVES YOU
MOTOACTV learns what songs motivate you by measuring your performance against your music. And it uses those songs to create a personal high-performance playlist. Your playlist is more than just workout songs; they're songs that push you to work—harder than ever before. Need an extra kick? Choose a Fit Song and get one-touch access to the one song you feel motivates you most. It syncs with both your iTunes and Windows Media MusicAn FM radio is also included for tuning into the TV radio transmitters at the gym, or just enjoying some radio programming.
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: NO STRINGS ATTACHED
MOTOACTV lets you enjoy a completely wireless workout while keeping you in touch with the things that matter most. Rock out wirelessly via stereo Bluetooth® enabled headphones (sold separately). Have your performance data wirelessly transmitted from your device to the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal via Wi-Fi. Download the free MOTOACTV App and get texts and calls delivered right from your Motorola Android smartphone. How's that for freedom?
HEART RATE MONITORING: TUNE IN TO YOUR HEART
You can connect MOTOACTV to a heart rate sensor to really see how you perform. You can connect to any ANT+ or BLE enabled sensors like the Heart Rate Monitor chest strap for MOTOACTV. Customize heart rate zones in MOTOACTV, to ensure your working out smarter not harder.
MOTOACTV TRAINING PORTAL: RESHAPE YOUR ROUTINE - FOR FREE
You can plan your workouts, create long-term goals and analyze your performance right online at the MOTOACTV Training Portal. Just visit the MOTOACTV Training Portal and sign in with your MotoCast ID (device setup required). Your workout data is automatically uploaded to the site wirelessly from your device so you can chart your progress effortlessly.
SWEAT PROOF, RAIN RESISTANT, AND SCRATCH RESISTANT
MOTOACTV is built for your toughest workouts. That means it’s sweatproof, rain resistant and scratch resistant – like you.
TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY: REACH OUT AND TOUCH MORE
Who wants to futz with confusing controls? MOTOACTV's display provides quick and easy access to the data you want most. And it automatically adjusts to lighting conditions so it’s totally clear, indoors and out. MOTOACTV also features a scratch-resistant 1.6" Corning Gorilla Glass to hold up to your toughest workouts.
MOTOACTV ANDROID APP: YES, IT’S MOBILE
This free app does two amazing things. First, it allows your Motorola Android smartphone to communicate with you through your MOTOACTV device and headphones. When your phone is within Bluetooth range, you can answer calls and receive text messages. Just as cool, the app syncs up with your MOTOACTV Training Portal data so you can analyze your info and manage your fitness plan.
TOOLS AND GOALS: REACH YOUR PEAK
Maximize your free time by scheduling a walk, run or ride online with the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal’s planning calendar. It's a great way to stay on schedule, save your routes and introduce new workouts to your routine. You can also set fitness goals like weight loss and workout frequency, and monitor your progress in our Goals section. Just go to MOTOACTV Training Portal to get started for Free.
AUDIO COACH: MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT
The audio coach helps keep you moving and grooving on your walk, run and ride with updates on your pace, split times and more.
EASILY UPGRADABLE: IT’S ALL ABOUT IMPROVEMENT
MOTOACTV is a smart, ever-evolving device that is capable of receiving software updates. This allows us to add new features and functionality, as well as ensure the user experience is as optimized as it can be. We also welcome feedback on features you’d like to see added and enhancements we can include in future updates. We review all comments posted on our support forums and other online communities to inform our priorities and develop software releases accordingly.
MOTOACTV: SPECTACULAR SPECS and UNRIVALED COMPATIBILITY
Choose between two MOTOACTV models – 8GB or 16GB, both capable of storing hours and hours of your favorite heart pumping music to keep you moving through your workout. Features a tough and scratch-resistant 1.6" Corning Gorilla Glass display that automatically adjusts to lighting conditions. Sweat proof and rain resistant. MOTOACTV is compatible with most ANT+ and BLE devices like Heart Rate sensors, pedometers and bike sensors like power meters and speed/cadence sensors.
Select MOTOACTV Specifications
|Size:||46 x 46 x 9.6 mm|
|Display:||1.6-inch Trasflective TFT, QCIF+ 176x220 (optimized for Indoor/Outdoor)|
|Supported Audio Formats:||AAC, AAC+, MP3|
|Storage:||8GB capacity (16GB also available)|
|Connectivity:||3.5mm Headset, USB 2.0 HS|
|Bluetooth:||Stereo Bluetooth Class 1.5|
|Sensors:||ANT+, BLE, Accelerometer|
|Standby Time:||325 hours|
|Playback Time:||20 hours|
|Workout Time:||10 hours indoor, 5 hours outdoor|
Motorola Accessories for MOTOACTV
Pulse-pounding workouts require intense focus. The Motorola Accessories for your MOTOACTV Fitness Tracker and Smart Music Player keep you on target and in the zone. No messing around with different mounts, clips or straps. Snap in your MOTOACTV device and get at it.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've racked up 650 miles since then, and lost around 25 lbs. Part of that is because I really, *really* want to lose weight and get my knee back into shape, but the MOTOACTV has been a huge help. I'm able to track distance and speed for each ride and see my progress, and I'm the sort of person that this sort of thing really motivates. I'm now cycling daily and getting in around 100 miles per week, and feel like cycling and exercise is a comfortable new part of my life. I've went from almost completely sedentary to reasonably fit (if still overweight), and I feel like it's a permanent change, not just a hobby that I'm going to drop when circumstances make me miss a few days.
There are a number of similar devices on the market from Garmin and other manufacturers, as well as phone apps+dongles that can accomplish most of the same things, but for my uses, the MOTOACTV has the best mix of features of anything on the market. Specifically:
- The battery lasts for 6-8 hours of active use, or around 2 days of use as a pedometer. Most fitness phone apps that I've seen will kill phones in way less time.
- It syncs over WiFi, so I don't have to drag it back to a computer to sync. If I'm not in a hurry to look at results, then I can just wait and it'll sync on its own every few hours. If I want to look at the results, then 'sync now' is only a couple button presses away.
- It charges over microUSB, so I don't need to bring Yet Another Charger when I'm traveling.
- It's flexible about how you wear it. You can put it on the big, chunky watch band, or clip it to your belt, or put it on the bike mount, or even shove it in a pocket. I've done all of those at different times.
The combination of these mean that the MOTOACTIV has the least *friction* of any fitness device that I've used. It Just Works--I don't have to worry about charging it, or conserving power, or syncing it, or anything. I just plug it into my phone charger every now and then, and it's good.
Now, it's not perfect. It's Motorola's first attempt at a fitness device, and there are a few weird issues with it. It's not as waterproof as it should be, the battery doesn't last long enough for an all-day bike ride, syncing is kinda slow (it syncs ~30 minutes of data per minute, so a 2 hour ride is going to take several minutes to sync). The UI is a bit odd sometimes. The screen can only show duration + distance + 4 other variables at a time while biking, so I can't show speed, elevation, cadence, time-of-day, calories burned, and heart rate all at once. It'll sync with Android phones natively, but not iPhones. But, all in all, I'm really happy with it. Motorola has kept pushing out substantial software updates about once per month, and each one adds a feature or two and fixes a bunch of known bugs.
I'm happy enough with it that I'm tempted to buy a second one and keep it as a reserve--if I ever lose or break the first one, then I won't miss a day or two's worth of exercise data. I've lost a couple fitbits over the past two years, and it's been really demoralizing, even if I find them eventually.
Here's what I wanted in the perfect setup to track my running:
1. It HAS to have GPS - I tried for a while the Nike+ app on the iPod Nano that TRIED to track my actual distance by "feeling" my steps (forget what the technology is called.) This has built-in GPS that tracks my entire run and shows my route on a map.
2. It HAS to be able to use a heart rate monitor - I come from a family of heart disease and learning how to fine tune my running to capitalize on my target heart rate has gone a LONG way to improving my heart health (just ask my doctor.) Without a way to track this while running, how would I know. This works with ANY ANT+ heart rate monitor device. I purchased the matching one from Motorola and it has worked flawlessly for over 18 months.
3. I want my music while I run - Sure, I could use my phone as a separate device or an iPod, but WHAT IF the fitness tracking device also had an MP3 player built-in? Well guess what, this one does. I was able to download music from my iTunes and setup multiple running playlists depending on the tempo I wanted to control my pace. Quick and easy controls while running allows me to skip any song I'm not into or pause it altogether.
4. Speaking of music, I'd love it if I could use Bluetooth headphones to listen to the voice-over run stats and my music - Well look at that, this has that too! I've used this device with the JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones for over 18 months with NO ISSUES! It's the perfect setup as I HATE having cords running down my arm to my listening device. I like to be completely free to turn my head without the fear of the cord popping out or tugging at my ears. NOTE: This also solves one of the biggest complains - and yes, I believe a design flaw - getting sweat into the headphone port that causes short circuits. They give you a rubber stopper to plug into the headphone port if you use bluethooth, so in 18 months of running outdoors - even in the rain - and no water has ever gotten in there!
5. I'd like it even more if it could track multiple fitness activities - And again, this is one of FEW devices even TODAY (this is an old device) that can track multiple activities and give you time, caloric burn, distance, etc. I think this tracks something like 32 activities. I've used it to track different sports activities, walks, runs, weight lifting, cycling, hiking, and more.
- Although Motorola (and Google as they're now Google-owned) have not "officially" stated that this product is discontinued, there have not been any updates or announcements of a new version in years. They've kept the web portal open (which I find more useful than the Nike+ one, but there's no "badges" or "games" in it as it's more technical) and all of the software works - including the mobile app - BUT there's not guarantee for how much longer. Until then, I'll keep running and tracking! (At least you CAN export your data from them to import somewhere else!)
- The mobile app is Android-only as the MotoACTV itself is actually completely built on Android with just a dedicated app (the MotoACTV app) that automatically starts when turned on.
- The aforementioned sweat in the headphone port issue, which can cause shorts. But, if you use bluetooth headphones you'll likely not have this issue.