Motorola Moto G (1st Generation) - Black - 8 GB - US GSM Unlocked Phone
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
|Voice / Text||2G Data||3G Data||4G LTE Data|
- Compatibility: All GSM Networks including AT&T and T-Mobile
- Optimized to work with 3G (UMTS/HSPA+) networks when operating inside the US. 3G coverage may be limited when roaming outside the US.
- 4.5 inch 720p HD TFT display
- Quad-core 1.2GHz processor with 450MHz graphics processor
- 5MP rear camera, plus front facing camera This product ships with a USB charger only (no wall adapter included).
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Speed Guaranteed||Speed Guaranteed||Amazon.com||Speed Guaranteed||Speed Guaranteed||Speed Guaranteed|
|Camera Description||5 MP at 4:3 and 3.8 MP at 16:9 (user-configurable) LED flash 4X digital zoom Slow motion video Burst mode Auto HDR Panorama Tap to Focus||5 MP||8.0||Primary: 5 MP, 2592 ? 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama, Video: 720p@30fps, stereo sound rec., HDR|Secondary: 1.3 MP||Primary: 5 MP, 2592 ? 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama, Video 720p@30fps, stereo sound rec., HDR|Secondary: 1.3 MP||5 MP|
|Screen Size||4.5 in||4.5 in||5 in||11.43 cm||4.5 in||4.5 in|
|Item Dimensions||0.46 x 2.6 x 5.1 in||0.46 x 2.6 x 5.1 in||2.83 x 5.69 x 0.35 in||0.46 x 5.11 x 2.59 in||2.59 x 5.11 x 0.46 in||5.11 x 2.62 x 2.08 in|
|Item Weight||5 ounces||5 ounces||4.83 ounces||5.04 ounces||5.12 ounces||4.96 ounces|
|Operating System||Android 4.4 KitKat||Android||android 6.0||Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat)||Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat)||Android|
The MOTO G is designed for taking and sharing photos, watching videos, checking scores, getting directions, listening to music - you name it!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, this should be a mass market success because of the stuff that is good:
1. Plenty of memory to leave a browser with multiple tabs open, switch among email, Twitter app, and maybe check the Play market for some app you just read about, and then back to the browser instantly without it having been closed to save memory. Smooth uninterrupted use of multiple common phone functions.
2. A display which is as high-resolution as you can reasonably want it to be (given limits of human vision) for a phone which is as big as it can be and still be comfortable in any pocket and, though not as wide-angle viewable as high-end phones, mostly looks fine (better than my Nexus S for sure) and is bright enough for outdoor daylight use when necessary.
3. A processor which works fine for most games, even if the most intensive 3d stuff has small signs of the hardware limitation.
4. A battery which actually lasts all day with a fair reserve chunk left over. This is a big one, because no amount of pixels and megahertz and RAM will impress your friends if your battery is dead. Even a lot of high-priced phones have batteries which just barely make it to happy hour as they die. Typical mid-range phones have usually had 1500mAh batteries or less. This one is 2000mAh, so your can actually do the things described above all day, and when you get home you've still got about a third of the battery left or more compared to your previous phone. Motorola seems to have made this phone fairly efficient as well. A lot of the cheap phones from Chinese manufacturers (sometimes re-branded for your cell carrier) get shorter battery life than major brands with the same size battery. So It's got a big battery and isn't wasteful with it.
So it does everything most people want to do, does most of that fairly well, does it all day, and doesn't cost too much. I drop a star mainly because the camera could be just a tad better. I don't think it quite reaches the same level of the rest of the hardware.
Its camera is very good for the price, even though it could have a little more options on it. Maybe I'm asking too much, but since I've fallen in love with the camera app for the 1020 I saw with a friend, I seek stuff like that in other phones.
As for game performance, well, its Adreno 305 GPU paired with the quad-core processor (for all that matters, it's a Snapdragon) and 1GB RAM makes it a good gaming device. My sisters play Ice Age Village and Minion Rush and got nothing to complain.
It is a solid phone, by far it's the best on its price range, and if you won't mind waiting, in a few weeks the LTE version WITH SD STORAGE will be released, and then Lenovo will "cure" the only bad thing about this phone.
After getting fed-up with the lack of flexibility of WP7.8, I knew it was time to move on. I had been using my Lumia 900 with StraighTalk with moderate success and knew I needed an unlocked phone. For the price, you cannot find a better deal and granted I haven't use the "high-end" Android devices, so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. But the speed and battery life of this phone has really blown me away - without using Bluetooth and power saving GPS mode, I can get two full days of use! Talking, texting and streaming Spotify all day long. FANTASTIC. Plus the integration with Chrome, my Nexus 7 and all my computers is a very welcome change from the IE on WP7.8 which talks to nothing but itself.
If you are looking for an entry level phone that you can switch carriers with and has reasonable specs - look no further.
Most recent customer reviews
i kept it for spare. will recommend