Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Motorola SB6120 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 eXtreme Broad..." and save 70% off the $133.69 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Motorola SB6120 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 eXtreme Broadband Cable Modem
|Price:||$88.49 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed to provide a cost effective, next generation technology to offer a high speed residential or commercial service tier. Item is Cable MODEM ONLY
- User-friendly online diagnostics and bonded channel status page
- Features a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Port for incredible wired network speeds
- Capable of downloading up to 2000 times faster than 56k analog phone modems; up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband
- Intuitive, easy to read front panel operational status LEDs
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
Ultra-fast Internet at your fingertips - NEW lightning fast technology lets you surf up to 4x faster than traditional cable modems. The Motorola SURFboard SB6120 extreme Cable Modem unleashes the next wave of broadband technology at exceptional speed. The SB6120 is up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband cable modems making it capable of reaching data rates up to 150 Mbps. That makes gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications - far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before. The SB6120 delivers your complete personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed.
From the Manufacturer
Ultra-fast Internet at your fingertips – NEW lightning fast technology lets you surf up to 4x faster than traditional cable modems.
The Motorola SURFboard SB6120 eXtreme Cable Modem unleashes the next wave of broadband technology at exceptional speed. The SB6120 is up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS® 2.0 broadband cable modems making it capable of reaching data rates up to 150 Mbps. That makes gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications — far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before. The SB6120 delivers your complete personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed. So what are you waiting for?
Motorola SURFboard® eXtreme Cable Modem
Easy to Install, Activate, and Use.
Delivers a realistic gaming experience – watch as games come to life
Watch as games come to life.
- Capable of downloading up to 2000 times faster than 56k analog phone modems
- Capable of downloading up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband cable modems
- DOCSIS® 3.0 Certified
- Enables a myriad of advanced multimedia services:
- - Access real-time online games; new heights in realism and speed
- Faster music downloads; one song or the entire album
- Share digital photos, home movies and other multimedia effortlessly over the Internet
- Download high-definition movies to your PC or watch as streaming media
- Windows®, Macintosh®, and UNIX® compatible
- Supports Advanced Encryption Services for data, as activated by your operator
- Features a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Port for incredible wired network speeds: enjoy lag-free network gaming and faster file transfers
- Intuitive, easy to read front panel operational status LEDs
- Use your current Internet Browser
- No additional software required
- Slim design saves desk space
- 2-year limited warranty
What’s in the Box
Inside the Box - Motorola SB6120 SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem,Quick start guide,Installation CD-ROM,Ethernet cable,Power adapter and cord,Install sheet,Warranty card
Top customer reviews
I purchased the modem, it arrived the next day. I turned everything off....router, computer, etc. The setup was as follows:
A. Plug cable into new modem.
B. Plug ethernet cable from modem to your computer (first time only).
C. Power up modem.
D. Power up computer.
E. For Comcast - Web page comes up that allows you to change your modem.
F. Enter some details....ie. your account number, etc.
G. DONE....shutdown modem, and plug ethernet cable to Router.
H. Enjoy DOCSIS 3.0
I have had this thing for a few weeks now and it works perfectly well on a daily basis. We are actually getting what we pay for...which was not the case with the old junk that comcast provided. We are getting about 60mbps down and 12mbps up...on a good day.
Motorola has an excellent modem again..
(1) Does your ISP support it?
(2) Does your ISP support the dual channel functionality of it?
(3) This cable modems firmware is controlled by your ISP (as are most modems), meaning they have their own customer firmware for it.
(4) This also means that any instability from it, most likely comes from your ISP.
(5) And finally (PAY ATTENTION HERE), when dual channel is correctly enabled, and when connected to a gigabit router, both the 'Receive' & 'Link' LED will light up BLUE.
I use this cable modem paired with the D-Link DIR-655 Extreme-N Gigabit Wireless Router. It has to be the BEST & MOST STABLE combination I have ever used in my home.
My ISP is Cox Communications, and as a Network Engineer I am constantly working from home via numerous VPN connections.
Not only that, I also simultaneously stream Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, and Crackle via my Roku box, in addition to iTunes via my Apple TV.
This modem handles all of that traffic with ease, and when paired with the D-Link DIR-655, I NEVER have any wireless drops, or lag.
My advice is, if your ISP supports not only this cable modem, but more importantly it's dual channel capabilities, then this is the BEST choice you can make!
We use a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router (10/100/1000 wired), purchased from Amazon and still a current model 2 years later and have Gigibit (10/100/1000) wired connections through the house as well to maximize wired network speed.
Comcast came only a few days ago to set up everything and upon connection to the router and after the service tech called in the MAC address to Comcast to activate the modem for our account, we were "connected" and up and running in less the 5 minutes. I also rebooted the router just to be sure it was "refreshed" for connection to it's new modem.
I set up the router to use Google's primary and secondary DNS server addresses for the modem to connect to/through (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52). I've found even w/ our DSL service (1.5mbps limit) that Google still had the best numbers for speed using Google public servers.
I did a speedtest check as soon as I was up and running (Speakeasy.com) and wham!, download speed measured 24.96 mbps and upload, 3.59 mbps, results were absolutely perfect and up to what our speed plan said it could be!
Be advised, as the tech told me, that you can not pass the cable signal through any amplifier on route to the cable modem (we have a distribution amp sending incoming cable to each room) and the modem must be connected only to the raw cable (signal) that comes into the house. He said amps can introduce signal noise into the modem connection and seriously degrade the connection speed and stability. He simply used a splitter for the modem so it was connected straight to the incoming cable from our street. He did note our cable, incoming, was really good with very low levels of noise to impact our modem speed. (our area is converted to RG11 cable for Comcast to handle all digital now and future upgrades, so your results may vary for your area signal quality, if you are still in an analog area in progress of converting to digital-only).
I've checked the connection speed 3-5X a day and it has been amazingly repeatable for up/download speed. Even alternate speedcheck sites have come up with the same number.
No random disconnects or slow-downs here once-so-ever.
I did try other various Public DNS server sites (OpenDNS, Verizon, etc) to see if I could go faster. Oddly, Comcast's own DNS (default) server was a little slower then the rest so I am staying w/ Google who for the time being has been the fastest so far.
Bottom line is this modem deserves it's high ratings by Amazon users/reviewers. Considering you pay $6-8/month to lease a modem over buying, payback on this investment will come into play in less then a year of leasing one, and to boot, you get a premium modem that you own!
If you are thinking of getting the 6120, keep it in your cart and just monitor the price flex for it over a week or two...often it will drop to just over $70! (and that's when i placed my order for it, quite quickly before the price went back up!).