Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Motorola Pet Scout500-2 Remote Wireless Pet Monitor" and save 67% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.29 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Motorola Pet Scout500-2 Remote Wireless Pet Monitor
|Price:||$166.67 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$33.32 (17%)|
- Features 2.4 GHz FHSS Wireless Technology with up to a 520 foot range
- 2.4-Inch Color LCD Monitor with infrared night vision
- System features a high sensitivity microphone and ability to communicate with your pet via the monitor
- Monitor unit features rechargeable battery with low battery alert
- Package includes two remote indoor cameras, one monitoring unit and power adapters for each camera and monitor
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Keep A Close Eye on Your Pet
The Motorola SCOUT500-2 Digital Wireless Video Pet Monitor by Motorola is designed to help keep a close eye on your pets. The convenient two-way communication feature allows you to communicate to your pets without being in the same room. This video monitor also showcases a 2.4 inch diagonal full color LCD screen and infrared night vision for keeping an eye on things in very low light levels. This unit comes with two cameras that allow you to keep an eye on multiple rooms of your home. You can easily switch between cameras. This pet monitoring system makes it easy to monitor everything that matters.
SCOUT500-2 comes with two cameras so you can monitor multiple rooms of your home.
Infrared night vision lets you keep informed of what's going on in the dark.
2.4GHz FHSS Wireless Technology
The 2.4GHz FHSS technology offers a more reliable wireless connection compared to older wireless technologies. Upgraded wireless technology means much better range and less chance of missing something important happening in the home due to a weak or dropped signal.
The SCOUT500-2 features two-way communication so you can speak to your pet or communicate with a person in the same room as the camera. It also has a high sensitivity microphone and sound level indicator, so you can hear what's happening in the room.
Color LCD Screen with Infrared Night Vision
A full-color 2.4 inch diagonal LCD display shows real-time video, so you can keep informed of what's happening around your home. Infrared night vision means you can stay in touch with what's going in the dark.
'Out-of-Range' and 'Low Battery' Alerts
The superior wireless range of the SCOUT500-2 lets you keep connected to the action up to 520 feet away. An alarm sounds when you're getting out of range of the transmitting unit, so you'll never have to wonder if you're close enough to see and hear your pet. The SCOUT500-2 also has a low battery alert, so you know when it's time to recharge the battery.
A high sensitivity microphone lets you talk to your pet and listen to what's happening in the room.
What's in the Box
Pet monitor, two indoor cameras, User’s Guide, Quick Start Guide, rechargeable battery pack (pet monitor), power adapter (pet monitor), and two power adapters (camera).
- 2.4GHz FHSS Wireless Technology
- Range up to 520 feet for home viewing unit
- 2.4 inch diagonal color screen for live video
- Infrared night vision
- Two-way communication
- Sound level indicator
- Out-of-range and low battery alert
Motorola Pet Scout500-2 Remote Wireless Pet Monitor Keep A Close Eye on Your Pet The Motorola SCOUT500-2 Digital Wireless Video Pet Monitor by Motorola is designed to help keep a close eye on your pets. The convenient two-way communication feature allows you to communicate to your pets without being in the same room. This video monitor also showcases a 2.4 inch diagonal full color LCD screen and infrared night vision for keeping an eye on things in very low light levels. This unit comes with two cameras that allow you to keep an eye on multiple rooms of your home. You can easily switch between cameras. This pet monitoring system makes it easy to monitor everything that matters.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
- Yes, it uses the same radio frequency as Wi-Fi, but it is NOT a wifi device (there is no way to interface with camera or receiver over wifi, usb, or anything else; it's a closed system). And that frequency is interfered with by many microwave ovens, so consider that when placing it.
- The receiver menu controls are few and limited. For instance, there appears to be no way to silence the annoying "no signal" alarm (which often goes off)
- I can't imaging anything, other than improbably "statistically perfect conditions", which would allow these cameras to reach the advertised 520 feet. Every little obstacle, such as walls (which happen to be fairly common indoors, where this product is meant to be used) cuts down on the range. And sheet metal in the line of site? Just forget it. I have the cameras in what is basically a steel garden shed barely 60 feet from the house. Inside the house at the wall closest to the shed (ie 1 metal wall and 1 shingle-and-sheetrock wall between the sender and receiver) I barely get any reception at all.
- Which brings me to: There is no external antenna interface, so you cannot just add one on to boost the range, or to run an extension antenna through a wall. You are stuck with the built-in, limited antennas.
Conclusion: Had I known all of this, I still might have bought it, but for no more than fifty clams.