Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Motorola T605 Bluetooth Music Car Kit
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 6, 2008
Over all I think that this product is pretty cool. Everytime I start my vehicle, the Motorola T605 automatically connects to my phone without even removing it from my pocket or side. Installation was easy and pretty straight forward. However, there are some down sides, but, not for the procuct. For instance the product description tells you what it is capable of but, not that they are conditional. The product description says it will mute music when incoming calls come in. The product will only mute musix when the music is bluetooth through the system, through the MP3 jack, or if your radio is compatible, which most aren't. The installation hardware is easy to work with but, without an adapter harness or professional installation it is not possible to integrate it into your sound system and a rather bulky speaker(comes with the kit) has to be used; and there is no real good place to put it in alot of vehicles. There is a microphone that has to be wired also. The micophone is small and hardly noticable but, necessary because it is not built into the system. The downer to the microphone is that for clarity you only have 16 inches of talk space around the microphone so, it has to be mounted pretty close. All of these componants run to a junction box which is relatively small and with the right spot, its okay and out of sight. Based off of everything I have just said, the control unit(which, it pretty darn cool and even smaller than it looks) is not the only part of the kit. Look for pictures of the complete kit to see what I have mentioned. I think this is a great product once it is installed. If you are looking for some of the extra, "conditional" features I suggest that you have a professional install it for you and make sure they know what you are looking to have functioning from the device. Hope this was helpful.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2008
got this for my wife's car. she loves it. had it installed professionally. the sound is great. noise cancellation works great
on April 15, 2008
I bought two of these and have been more than happy with them. The sound quality on the mic is better than the built-in mic (not in speakerphone mode) on my wife's phone. I have bought other kits like this before only to be disappointed in the low quality mics, but that is definitely not the case here. The kit was relatively easy to install, and includes long, high quality cables. The only downside about this unit is that it does not have a screen/display, but those cost more.
on August 24, 2010
I bought this item. it was really really hard to find someone to install it. the search for a harness for my 08 cobalt was nnerve racking. but once i finally got it installed it was awesome!!!! for about four months. there i was in the middle of a conversation and it stopped sending the signal, and never started again. i called motorola five times for support but they hung up on me. when i finally got through, they said they would switch it out for me, which surprised me because i bought it on amazon, but it would still triple the installation price because i would have to have it uninstalled, send it in, wait for it, get it back, and have it reinstalled again.
i want it back, but i am not sure its worth it.
on December 24, 2007
Purchased two of these systems for my 2005 Honda and 2002 Saab. The Honda was a very simple install, but because of the premium speakers I can't integrate the system into my stero. The speaker it comes with is okay, but I wish I could get the sound through the car speakers. The product works great and I would recommend it to anyone, as we all should be responsible drivers and use hands free kits in our cars. As for the Saab, I need a special harness to use the kit so I can't really comment on it to date.
on March 6, 2011
The Motorola T605 is a great tool, so far (have been using it for several days now), but be prepared for having it professionally installed (about $105 for a simple system unless you have a BOSE system which requires over $200 labor & parts for the factory-installed BOSE system in my 2003 Nissan Altima which required a wire harness & FM modulator; latter option is not required if not playing music through it). It sure is convenient for listening to my music and taking calls in my car. Fortunately, the volume controls on my steering wheel adjust the volume on the system, but all other music controls must be changed on the phone or bluetooth mp3 player. I can live with that. Also, the FM modulator installed with the T605 makes it so I don't have to keep finding new clear frequencies as I travel across state on the thruway like I had to with my my prior set-up: Monster RF FM transmitter. Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300)
on May 19, 2011
This was such a great purchase! I had to have some additional cables to adapt it to my '06 GMC Yukon XL, but once installed, it is a great add-on. Automatically connects to my phone when the truck is turned on, rings the phone and allows me to answer from the little unit on the dash, no matter where my phone is. Call quality is pretty good - I can hear the other end fine, but sometimes the other end says I'm difficult to understand - especially at highway speeds.

The other reason I got this unit was because of the Bluetooth audio. I have an android phone with a ton of my music on it, and with this unit I can stream my music from my phone to my radio - WIRELESSLY! I can use my own collection, or my music from the internet (Pandora, Rhapsody)and listen to it on my car radio. This is such a great feature!

The install took a couple of hours, but if you aren't comfortable with taking your car's dash apart, I would take this to a car audio shop and have them do it for you. Mine looks like a factory install, and I added a auxilliary audio input to my truck with this unit - so we can plug in my wife's old school iPod into the truck now, too. The install is clean and looks like a pro job - the main unit is stashed under the center console where it has really good bluetooth reception.

In short, if you want a good handsfree kit but don't want to have to worry about plugging in your phone everytime, this is a solid choice. My wife just leaves her phone in her purse now, since she can just press the send button on the dash to answer and the end button to end the call. Extremely convenient, and much safer than fumbling around the car for your phone!
on March 14, 2013
In many cars Hands free and GPS navigation are an upgrade package easily costing $2,000 more.
In some cases the Bluetooth package only support Headset profile (Voice calls only) and not A2DP profile - which lets you listen to music from your phone.

I looked at over the Visor Bluetooth options, but for me this is not very reliable because it needs to be manually charged, and some of them connect to the car stereo over FM (which I feel is prone to interference).

The Motorola T-605 integrates with your car stereo, for audio cabling as well as power, so, as long as your car can be started, the Bluetooth works as well.

It pairs with multiple devices, and automatically connects to the last connected device if more than one are present when the car is started. Also, the mic can be placed as per your usage (close to the driver, middle if the front passenger also participates in the calls etc.)

In most cars, taking out the car stereo for installation is relatively easy.

The key is installation.
1. You can get it installed in a dealer shop like BestBuy
2. If you can dedicate some elbow grease, get a custom harness made and shipped to you, and install it yourself.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with the purchase. Since 2005, I have owned multiple Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit models, installed them on a Ford as well as two Honda (car and Minivan) and the units have had no hardware or functional failure.
on November 12, 2011
Ordered the t605, and got t603 in the mail. Fulfilled by amzaon sold by shopcell. Very frustrating as I already took apart the stereo and started connecting it before i noticed it was the wrong item. Looks similar but the t603 doesnt support music, and doesnt have an aux or audio cables. Returned to amazon.
on August 26, 2007
The T605 has good sound quality and was easy to install. It works very well with the Apple iPhone.

The product does not work well at all with the Motorola Razr V3 (AT&T). I had extreme difficulty with Razr staying connected and tested it with two different AT&T Razr's. Motorola's technical support is non-existent. In fact they refer all technical support issues for the T605 to a third party distributor in Florida, who only offers support to their clients.