Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 177 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 234 reviews
on January 20, 2014
I bought this as a backup power source for my Motorola Droid. Once charged up it holds its charge very well and for extended periods of time. Last time I charged it was several months ago and when I checked it the other day it was still fully charged. I take this with me when I go on hunting trip way back in the woods. When hunting I use my GPS and Google Earth Apps a lot and wind up running the battery on my phone down low, so I bring this power pack with me as a safety measure to insure that I'll always have enough power to contact the outside world in case of any emergencies. Once plugged into my phone the phone is now drawing power from the pack and is ready to rock. It's very slim and small so it easily fits into a pocket and is no bother to carry. I only gave it 4 stars because even with a full charge it will only power my phones internal battery back up to around 80% once my phone battery goes low..... but 80% is fine for my needs.
VINE VOICEon March 29, 2012
I'm a power nerd - not the kind of power that lets me boss people around, but the kind that needs a power outlet by noon thanks to the lousy battery in my Galaxy Nexus. The Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack (stupid name) is quite brilliant - it delivers full current charging, it has a decent capacity battery built in, it has a built in MicroUSB cable and it can charge off any MicroUSB cable. To top it all off, it has a reliable battery indicator and a USB output.

You really can't ask for more - this thing gets most 1500mAh battery packs charged to near 100% and it is extremely thin, making it the perfect accessory for your jacket pocket or purse.

If you have a MicroUSB device, invest in this - you won't regret it.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2012
Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack

Like many of us, I have found myself increasingly dependent on my phone. I get positively paranoid if I forget my phone on my desk. My palms get sweaty when I find my self evaluating the time left on my phone battery. I feel the remaining time in excruciating detail as I wait for my life to go black! Reading his over, I am increasingly despondent on how fixated I have become on cellular reception. It isn't just to chit chat, Oh No!, nothing as simple as chit chat.

I want to find the best price on gasoline with GasBuddy. I want to check on Roethlisberger's condition. Arrghh! I want to check the stock market or ball game score and I can't do any with a DEAD battery.

There is hope and it isn't expensive. This is the perfect item when you find yourself charger-less. Those of you who have never, ever left your charger someplace you wish you hadn't may cast the first stone. Otherwise, button up and be aware there is a simple solution. This little fellow is smaller and thinner than my DroidX and will recharge it while I am using it. It seems to have double the strength of the battery on the Droid. For $27.69 at Amazon, you can slip this in your briefcase, jean's pocket or duct tape it to the back of your phone and have TWICE as long to stay connected. Motorola P793

Universal and portable, the P793 is a power pack that can simultaneously charge multiple devices, including mobile devices like the iPhone, Bluetooth headsets, and MP3 players. With 1420 mAh capacity, the P793 can provide up to an additional five hours of talk time.

It has a single micro USB connector that will fit many items besides your phone and a standard USB if you have your charging cable. It charged to full charge in less than two hours. This would make a great stocking stuffer.
on November 26, 2012
In this day of supersized phones and other gadgets, this power pack will definitely come in handy. It will allow me to keep my charger cords at home, where they won't get tangled up in my purse. I'm sure this will come in most useful when I'm reading a page-turner on my Kindle Fire and I get a "low battery" warning.

Like someone else said, it's the same shape as an iPhone, but noticeably smaller and lighter.

EDIT: It's been almost two months since I've received this (and charged it that first day--which took roughly 40 mins to fully charge the thing), and I ended up needing to use it for the first time. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and it was at 55% by the middle of the day. I plugged it into this device, and it got me up to 88% before it was pooped out; took about two hours (so, while the charger is quick to charge up, it releases the charge on the slow side). It didn't give me a full charge, but it definitely gave me enough boost for the rest of the day/evening until I could plug it into the wall around 9:00pm. Just make sure you're aware of this! I think it's a good value, but there are definitely other, more powerful devices on the market that can charge your smartphone more fully (and probably faster), but they will cost more. And obviously if you're using your phone a whole lot, it will drain faster, too.
This item has been sooo darn helpful for my silly Droid 4 which is seemingly ALWAYS low on power. It can generally recharge my Droid 4 twice and keep me in communications. This device is soo handy and so desperately needed I now have TWO of these. You know, for when I need to charge one and for when I can't figure out where I set one down, I can usually find the other. The 4 power indicator lights are very helpful.

My last disaster deployment this little gadget was much of a necessity when traveling cross country. My Droid 4 was always losing battery power due to being in remote areas so the phone ate through energy while thriving in high power mode.

I also bought Motorola Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4 1860mAh Portable Emergency Power Pack at the local Verizon store and honestly I cannot tell them apart. They not only appear identical but operate identically. I keep one in each of our vehicles, fully charged, always ready to grab to take with me when we're out and about.
on November 20, 2016
Works well and has been working for four years as of now. It charges a little bit less than it used to but is still very functional and competes with modern portable chargers. It has lights to indicated remaining charge and charging status. The included cord is a nice length to go right to your phone and not be hanging haphazardly about.
This is a reliable charger.
on November 27, 2012
I've had this charger for over a year now, and it has worked when I needed it to. I originally bought it for my husband because he'd kill his battery by mid-day at work from streaming music. I had it in my head that you'd plug it in, half hour later, voila! Charged phone! Such is not the case- it is really quite a slow charge, so if you can tolerate it being plugged into your phone while you're using it then you're golden.

On the up side, it does hold it's charge for quite a while (months, if not being used) and works amazingly well during a power outage. I live in CT, and we had two winter storms in the span of 1 month in 2011 that each knocked power out for a week at a time. This was a life saver! Admittedly, I haven't used it much in about 6 months, but when Hurricane Sandy was on her way here, I plugged it in to charge it ahead of time and it was almost fully charged! Really sturdy design and I'm very happy with it.
on May 7, 2013
This item works with the same charger as my Motorola phone - makes it easy for travel. I used this item while traveling when I unable to locate an unused plug - I was able to get 2 bars during my layover. I also used this while on a day excursion - this was a lifesaver - just plugged it into my phone and dropped it into my bag when I checked later it had 3 bars. Very lightweight and smaller than i had expected. I had purchased 2 similar items and the charging would constantly stop and i would have to unplug and replug in the charger. Annoying!! I hesitantly bought this item because of the past fails with similar items but This item works perfectly for me - highly recommend.
on February 3, 2012
If you own a Droid Razr and do not want to upgrade to the Razr Maxx with the larger capacity battery, then this little external charger is the way to go. On average usage, m Razr lasts about 10 to 12 hours on a single charge so by the end of the night, if I am out and away from a wall socket, this little beauty comes in real handy to keep me up and running until I can plug my Razr into an electrical socket. Just to be clear, this device doesn't really add significant charge to the battery but does keep it from draining to 0% for at least a half an hour to an hour (depending on how much you are using the phone while you have this device plugged into it). There is a larger capacity charger that is also manufactured by Motorola (and looks identical to this unit) that will charge your battery quite well even while you're using the phone but it is almost twice the price of this unit. So for a very reasonable cost, this model suits me just fine!!
on August 30, 2012
Very pleased with the compact size, quality and simplicity of this gadget.

Like many smartphone users, sometimes on a job my battery won't last a whole day. This frees you from having to carry around a charger cable and find somewhere to plug in. You can use this to power while you use the phone, or have it charge the phone while inactive.

The build in cable that tucks away into the unit is very helpful.

Great price, and motorola hardware quality is traditionally very solid.

Simple design, with indicator lights to show you status/charge level.

As someone mentioned, this isn't something to take out to the wilderness and expect to be able to get days of battery life, but it'll definitely help you get through a busy day with heavy use/high battery drainage, or through a day of travelling.