Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 21, 2010
I purchased this phone for my 18 year old daughter to hold her over while our contract with AT&T expires. We will be switching carriers and we do not want to get a replacement phone from AT&T that might extend the existing contract any longer. My daughter is VERY hard on cellphones, and I wanted something inexpensive, physically robust, reasonably feature rich, and that would still not be "embarrassing" for her to carry around. When I saw this at the listed price, I could not resist.

I have had a Razr myself in the past and I loved it. This one is the later version, with more features plus video and a camera. And being available in pink for my daughter was a plus.

I was positively surprised when the phone arrived (and quickly I might add). The product description was not very clear about what was included in the package, so I was relieved that the battery and the plug in charger were included. This arrived in perfect new packaging, brand new, in perfect condition.

The included battery had reasonable charge to it, so we plugged in her SIM card and immediately tested the phone. It worked perfectly out of the box, and a few weeks later now she remains totally satisfied with this phone.

Although it is not an iPhone or similar smart-phone, it meets her needs and requires no specialty or expensive service plan(s). We do use unlimited text and data anyway, but we are currently under a legacy plan where that is not cost prohibitive.

So in summary, although this is not the latest smart-phone capable of apps and the newer really cool (and expensive) stuff, this is a very reliable phone capable of text, data, photos and video. If you are looking for a phone in this category, you really can not go wrong for the price.

Keep in mind that a mini USB cable is required to transfer files (ie photos/videos) from the phone to your computer. In addition, the required drivers to allow this are NOT included with the phone package, but are generally available on the internet. I would post a link, but I am unsure if posting URLs in reviews is acceptable. Nonetheless, it is easy to find by searching Google. Further, "Motorola Phone Tools" software can be easily found on Amazon, at very inexpensive prices, and some offerings include the cable.

I will update this review should our longer term experiences vary, however thus far we are VERY happy with this product, its features, and accessories included.
on May 2, 2012
I am 72 and wanted JUST a good phone but felt I was not ready for a "senior" phone and definitely did not want a smart phone. My son had had one of these when they first came out and loved it so when I saw this one I jumped at it. It is a super phone...great reception, well made, takes photos (not great but good enough for wallpaper), and does not have all the junk that I did NOT want. I am thrilled with it...if what you want is just a great phone then go for it! It also has darn good battery life. Before I put my sim card in it I had transferred all my contacts to the sim card and presto when the sim card went in all my contacts where there. By the way the phone sent to me was definitely new and not refurbished. Thanks Amazon and Motorola .
on January 20, 2011
I needed a phone to replace one that broke and didn't like the basic phone choices that AT&T was offering (didn't want to have to upgrade to more expensive data or texting plans). This seemed like a good solution. First of all, the phone I got was not the U.S. version, as advertised - the big clue was the "personalise" option in the menu. The phone works as a phone and actually has better reception in my concrete walled apartment than my old Nokia. It also works for sending texts as well as any other basic phone with a numeric keypad. I have no interest in spending a lot of time surfing the net on my phone, but it's nice to be able to access the net from a phone to download games, ringtones, etc. I can not access the net from this phone. It has menu options to get there, but when I push the button, I get an error message. Also, even though the phone has a camera, I have yet to be able to view any pictures sent to me from other phones. I never had problems like this with any of the Nokia phones I got directly from AT&T...I'm really not sure if it's the phone itself that's the problem or if something went wrong in unlocking it or if there is incompatibility because of it being European.
Also, the company sent the wrong charger with the phone and I had to buy my own charger. I contacted them three separate times and was told on all three occasions that a new charger would be sent out "tomorrow." This never happened.
Update: The correct charger arrived in the mail yesterday (1/25/11). I wonder if they saw my review...?
on May 31, 2013
I've decided to downgrade from my smartphone back to a basic feature phone and have been looking for a phone that's better (looking) than the ones in store. After reading all reviews for this phone I was pretty pleased with my purchase. However, my smartphone comes with an 8 GB memory card, which has all of my extras (pictures and music) on it, and I would like to continue to use it. This phone DOES NOT support memory cards....there is NO slot for one. If you upgrade to the V3m you get a 1GB memory slot. So, if I didn't need the extra memory this would be an awesome phone. Great design, and you can find all kinds of cute cases for this phone!
on December 16, 2014
35 day's after purchasing this phone it started to freeze-up & over heat. The only way to turn it off was to remove the battery. I waited to see if the problem was a one-off, but it has happened 4 more times since. I contacted Amazon about returning this defective phone and was turned down by the seller (motophone 11). This phone was most likly remanufactured and not repaired correctly. Very pissed that the seller did not stand behind the product they sold. (grad the money and run!!!)
on December 13, 2013
When it arrived the only thing that was wrong was the back was broken. I had to order a new back. It was the magenta one, but I like the magenta better. Also, it was in spanish. After changing the settings and getting a new SIM card, the issue I have now is getting the browser to work along with picture messaging. I'm in the US, and this is a UK phone. It works, but it is more difficult to get the setting correct to work here. I do love the phone. Just be prepared to not be sure what you're getting. It is a pot luck.
on December 2, 2010
Ok, so I have AT&T, and my last two phones have broken, one because it was crappy and the other because I dropped it. So it was up to me, not my warranty, to replace my phone. All the phones I could have purchased through AT&T, since it wasn't time to renew my contract, were a lot more expensive than this. This is a cute, very functional phone. The spring which connects the two halves of the phone seems strong and good quality, which is important because that seems to be one of the first things to go on flip phones. Since the phone was unlocked, all I had to do was open the box, power the phone on, and take the sim card from my old phone and stick it in this one and voila! It was ready to use, with my contacts and everything.

Also, it is definitely new, not refurbished, and it included a charger. Hope this helps!
on December 30, 2015
I would give this phone zero stars if the review system allowed it. The phone arrived with a broken back cover, the built in speaker was so low, it was very difficult to hear anything, and the plug for the external ear phones didn't work. And those are just the first three things we noticed. I'm returning this for a refund. It's a piece of junk.
on April 15, 2013
Do you want a Telephone or a Android? Comes with Speaker Phone, a Camera if you need one. There were zillions produced en mass so parts are easy to come by. It is a good size and in shocking PINK no one is going to take the chance of stealing it and you not recognize it from the get go! All I want is a phone to call and make appointments with Lawyers. I am suing every body from United Airlines, my Tattoo Artist, the Bitch that T-Boned my LINCOLN. I don't need to text. Fits in your hand and feels like you have a grip on it. Good Phone, get one instead of a Samsung Galaxy. It's cheaper.
on September 30, 2011
We purchased two of these phones one pink and the other black. Black one center arrow buttons would not work so did not get past that and returned it. Tried to make a call with the pink one today and it would not work correctly, they could hear me I could not hear them. So it is now in the process of being returned. How can this company sell such junk?
I am very disappointed and frustrated and am going to go back to my old phone at least it still works. The other problem I saw was that the battery did not sit in the phone properly and the back cover did not want to lock in place.