Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on July 22, 2012
I always wanted to have this model phone. When I saw it on Amazon, I got all excited and decided to purchase it. I knew that Motorola Razr V3i was more expensive than the price that I paid for it. That made me skeptical about the phones' quality and if it was genuine. After incredibly fast delivery, I was able to use it and realized how happy I was with this purchase. I was so happy that I purchased another one for my mother. This is a great buy if you want a simple, reliable, beautiful phone.

My second review on this product. I've purchased this phone last year and after a couple of month of using it I realized that it was not all that. Actually, this phone was not very durable, even though it has an outer shell made of aluminum. This phone and other one (I bought two)just stopped working after 2-3 months, no falls or submerging in water, just stopped. Maybe these two were lemons, but I don't think so. This phone does not have warranty, so it is up to you to take the risk. I do not recommend this product. For me, it was just waste of money.
on November 6, 2013
Actually there are two problems, the first one is related to the battery, a not original Motorola (came with the phone) that did not work at all, which is not an issue for me because I have three BR50 batteries from my old V3 phones so it is just a matter of replacement, but the second problem is unsolvable that I found out on Tuesday, that the phone is defective and not charging at all ( I tried with three batteries) , so I had to use one of my old phones to charge a battery and switch it to this V3i. It has become a hassle.
I bought the V3i because I travel a lot to different countries and this old four band GSM is very useful as a back up phone with prepaid SIM from each country.
I am travelling abroad and will be back in six months, so unable to return the phone by mail and cancel the purchase.
on October 16, 2016
I purchased this phone & did not intend on leaving a review, but if you are with at&t, the seller says it is formatted for the smaller sim, but the seller is wrong. I really liked the flip phone.
on March 27, 2013
I had bought the product for my husband for his birthday. I bought it in december when I got it on sale. I kept it in the box and stored it away. (which that would have had nothing to do with it not working) It is half my fault for not testing it but I didn't think I would have to. But the item doesn't even hold a charge. When you plug it in it won't charge at all. My husband was very happy about his present because he is the type who loves the old school phones but now they won't do a exchange or anything so now I am totally at a loss, If you buy from this supplier make sure the item works.
on May 4, 2017
But of course it is out of use now do to updates.
on August 18, 2016
Do Not purchase,bought this a few years back for my mom since she likes simple phones. This phone had the most issues than anything.. it wouldn't receive calls or it would drop calls or it will shut off randomly it didn't even charge properly... i mean it was just a bad idea... maybe mine was a bad one out of the bunch but now my mom has an iPhone and haven't looked back....
on June 2, 2015
Motorola was one of my first mobile phone, and it was a good one, so I bought this one for my Mom since it was easy for her to use, because she don't like the new android phones. From the time we got the phone it started giving problems. you can't see the incoming calls even thought there are in the contact list, The ringer is on high but you don't hear when the phone rings, and telling you you need a password to check messages. After two months of this headache i threw it away and got her another one
on November 30, 2012
I just cannot understand why a very fine firm like MOTOROLA would put a piece of trash like this on the market.

The back cover won't lock. The instructions are a skimpy joke. Hard to place battery,worse for the phone card.

Flimsy rough and disturbing to the touch.

BAHH ... hope they give me my money back !

NEVER BUT A MOTOROLA AGAIN!
on November 17, 2014
In the past, Motorola used to make these phones, and they were very well-made too. No sharp corners or edges, well-fitting battery covers, etc.

Then just recently, maybe within the last few years or so, there have been a lot of China-made copies. They were cheaper, but they are not the same quality anymore. All the phones I tried to buy, all came with sharp corners and edges, had badly-aligned battery covers, etc.

I've more or less given up trying to find a genuine Razr V3i.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 18, 2008
I have been using this product for over three years, I have bought a new V3i a second time after two years of use of an old V3i. Compared to the New Motorola V9 as well as countless other new phones on the market, the V3i still retains its glamour, as the V3i was marketed as a top-notch phone. It has longer battery life than the V9 and has all the features that are necessary in a cell phone.

The durability of the V3i is also excellent. Cell phones with too many integrated electronics will be damaged easily. I had my first V3i crushed slightly by a car that drove too close to the curb. The front screen was slightly cracked, but the ballistic durability of the hard plastic is still surprising. The phone still worked perfectly. I then bought my second V3i, and fixed the old V3i. All the store had to do was replace the glass on the front screen and my old phone became as good as new again.

I prefer the unlocked International version, which has slightly different menus and features and uses Digital Audio Player instead of the Apple iTunes software.