- Size (LWH): 2 inches, 3.5 inches, 7.1 inches
- Weight: 2.87 pounds
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Motorola Vehicle Dock for DROID X & Droid X2 with Rapid Car Charger - Motorola Retail Packaging
|Price:||$9.98 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Perfect Fit. Specifically designed for your DROID X and Droid X2 by MOTOROLA.
- Never Miss a Turn, Never Miss a Tune. Your music, podcasts and Google Maps Navigation is easier to use and see.
- Oh So Flex-Stable. However many twists and turns you make, it stays just where you want it.
- Street Smart. It senses when you're in your car and opens your personalized driver applications to get you going.
- Includes rapid car charger, windshield and dashboard mounts
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If using an aftermarket protective case, you may need to make some adjustments with a Dremel tool in order to get the micro USB connector in the mount to go into the phone far enough to charge the phone. I'm using this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VSICYY/ref=oss_product (excellent, btw) and had to remove material from the holder along it's bottom edge and along the inside surface of the bottom corners. Just take your time with the Dremel and keep checking to see if the phone charging indicator comes on without having to press the phone down hard into the mount holder. When you've removed enough material to allow the phone to sit down in the holder, it will do so easily and the charge indicator will come on.
1. Great fit and has a secure structure.
2. Easy to position, especially with the ball-and-socket connection.
3. Charger cable plugs into the cradle directly and subsequently charges the phone. No need to connect or disconnect the cable everytime you use it. (3.5mm Audio cable is not integrated)
4. Has a spacer you can remove to accommodate protective phone cases. Not sure which cases will ultimately work with the mount, though.
5. Includes an adhesive dash mounting disk. Also includes a 3.5 mm audio cable.
6. Doesn't cover camera lens; so I guess you can video the road ahead while driving.
7. The phone automatically recognizes the car mount and runs the car dock app.
1. The cradle ships detached from the mount. It assembles by slipping onto the mount arm, unfortunately pulling the phone out of the cradle often times pulls the whole cradle off of the mount arm too. I'm planning on gluing the cradle permanantly to the mount arm.
2. The Car Dock software on the Droid X can use some fine tuning.
3. Does not include car charging cable.
4. Landscape only, cannot be used in portrait orientation. But, the Car Dock app automatically rotates everything, even the home screens, to a landscape orientation.
5. Like the phone, it's big.
Overall, it's a fine mount. I wish the cradle snapped into the mounting arm instead of a slip fit. I don't like using 2 hands to take the phone out. Once I glue it, it should be okay. There are apps out there to enhance the car dock functionality. I downloaded an app that automatically turns on the blue tooth and turns off wifi when docked. I love the convenience of having the charger cable tied into the cradle.
-- The car dock home screen is pretty useful for doing basic in-car, underway stuff. It has been completely reliable at automatically changing into and out of that docked mode. If you need to do anything else, you probably shouldn't be driving, but you can easily return to your normal home screen if needed while still docked (albeit in landscape mode). Note you can find the car dock mode in your list of apps, so you can test drive it or manually switch if you have a dock that doesn't take care of that for you.
-- Unlike some, I'm glad the cradle and the arm disassemble; it's more convenient for packing, stashing, etc. I don't have problems with the cradle coming off the arm as I try to dismount the phone, but I can see it could happen. It would be nice if that joint had a more reliable latch or such, though it's possible to jam something easily removable into the back grooves to prevent it unlatching. But very livable.
-- Mixed results on using this mount with a shell case. I had tried a shell or two in the store with the mockup car mount, and the shell was not an issue. But this shell with my car mount was a small problem. Solvable, but needed solving. After you remove the car mount's insert to make space for the shell (which should be enough), there's still a plastic guide / tab on the right side of the cradle, near the USB connector.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved the idea if the product. However, the main trouble I had was the section staying on in my car. It fit my phone perfectly and when it would stay upright it was terrific. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Soleus R.
This is awesome. I wish Samsung and Apple would pay attention to how useful this dock is for your carPublished 1 month ago by mrrdeac
The product is probably OK but it can't be used with the protective cover on my Droid like some others canPublished 10 months ago by Bruce W Robbins