Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on February 18, 2013
I mean, COME ON.... for those of us who enjoy the whole era of the "musket and pike".... there are basically no video games available, let alone ones which allow us to control an individual unit or command a small squad of units. This game is incredible, as it brings a much-improved mount and blade into the late rennaissance era of combat. Not to mention, the AI in this game seems to be the best to date, even seeming to surpass "Napoleonic Wars" (which is an incredible game though, don't get me wrong). The AI can fight in urban areas without all getting massed together and clumped up and stuck trying to "run through" an object/ building. At best, one or two bots might get stuck, but pretty quickly they usually find their way around. The combat AI is great as always, and the pathfinding of bots is mightily improved. My only complaints about this game are that the online servers aren't usually too populated, and they sometimes tend to have a high ping. Also, you can only play as Sweden, Russia, the Cossacks, the Crimeans, or the Polish/ Lithuanian Commonwealth (Winged Hussars.... oh yes!). So better servers and maybe a more broad/ varied faction list might be nice, but otherwise this game is absolutely a gem.
on August 26, 2012
Overall I would have to say I am disappointed with the game. I agree with many other people that it is a downgrade from the last installment of the Mount and Blade series. I was super excited for this game simply from looking at some descriptions and seeing a few people play it on youtube. However, only a few hours into the game I realized I simply wasn't really enjoying the game. I tried and tried to like it but I just couldn't. It simply didn't seem like the producers put any effort into it. Everything just seemed sloppy and not well done. I did enjoy the addition of firearms: riding by a fleeing enemy and shooting him in the back is just priceless. But in the end the cons outweighed the pros, so I have decided to just go back to playing Warband seeing as it was much more fun.
on October 17, 2012
Okay let me start out by saying that the Mount and Blade franchise was perfect before this atrocity. This game would be 10X better had they not rushed it.

The AI is terrible, the taverns are unfinished and it looks as though it's daytime outside even when it's night. The taverns are also more like holes in the walls rather than a bar. The space is cluttered and it's difficult to move around in them.

Also 60 percent of this game is trial and error, don't count on the tutorial for anything. With that being said, multi-player is much better put together in this game. However with Warband out, it doesn't really matter unless you just want a cheaper alternative to playing Mount and Blade online, even though you're better off with Warband.

I only give this game 4 stars because of it's excellent multi-player, (compared to the single-player) without that this game is crap.
on February 15, 2016
This is an unfinished product that even modders can't fully fix. There are too many "loose end," such as features that were obviously not finished, not enough content, etc. The historical setting was pretty interesting, but this game should have been a much better product. Had good potential but got boring much faster than other Mount & Blade-based games.
on May 18, 2013
Get Napoleonic wars, and you will want to look at Steam before you buy these games anyway so they are registered when you buy them. Regiments and clans communicate through Steam.

This game basically made the footmen too powerful and the riflemen have basically no armor to work with. It's not very popular, and there aren't very many people on servers. When there are, coop commander I think it's called is the best mode and it can be fun. But you have to know the game. It's tricky and the first player campaign I found practically impossible.
on November 4, 2014
good game for the price, gets a little repetitive also not really exciting, wish there was a little more variety of action and the quests are repetitive, hope the next generation lets you control more aspects of your character, also the economy and "personal" growth,
on September 22, 2012
I bought this games because the original Mount and Blade was so amazing. Afterwards, I wish that I had gone with Warband instead. The story line in With Fire and Sword was hard to follow and get involved with. Perhaps, it was the setting in post-medieval eastern Europe (I prefer medieval anything, it was too political after that); so if you like that era or location, this game may be just for you.
on November 5, 2013
the game i have played and i like it but when i wanted to download on my new 64 bit computer it said error ask the seller if this game has a 64 bit version. I'm guessing that this game isn't intended for 64 bit users but i would like to know how to be able to play because i wasted $10 and cant play this game.
on March 31, 2014
Warband was much better. This one ruins it with guns. What's the fun of a game if I can just kill people from 50 yards away before they can get to me. Even with armor, bullets are usually insta-kill. And all the armor is completely ugly, although time-accurate.
on December 13, 2012
They are Strategy games, also RPG, also First Person Medieval/Napoleonic Weapon wielder! And you can build an army to be with you!

For JRPG fans, I would say that this is an equivalent of a Westernized interpretation of Konami's SUIKODEN franchise; sans the focus in Plot/story.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.