Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 371 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 393 reviews
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2011
I ordered this product specifically for the vent clips. The bars on the vent must be horizontal for the clip to fit, and it fits perfectly on my driver's side center air vent. There is a little brace at the bottom, so the vent doesn't take the full weight of the GPS. The holder that comes with this system holds the GPS securely around the bottom, top and both sides. It is adjustable to accommodate several models, but the plug-in on my 1490LMT doesn't hit the sweet spot, so it has to set off-center. It easily flips the GPS from side-to-side so that it can be seen by either the driver or the passenger, which may or may not be to your advantage. In my car, it eliminates the cord problem between the GPS and the cigarette lighter -- it is a short and direct shot from one to the other. When my GPS was mounted on the dash, I was always trying to find a way to keep the cord contained. I cannot speak for the other mounts in this system, but I highly recommend the air vent clips.
on August 15, 2012
This is all plastic, which is to be expected, but it's not sturdy enough to support my Garmin GPS. I have one of those "beanbag" dashboard bases for the GPS. Naturally the whole unit was "front" heavy with the GPS mounted, but the suction cup mechanism worked well. Wish I could say the same of the gears for adjusting the up and down view. The second time I used the mount, it wouldn't hold the GPS in a position where I could see it and when I tried to adjust it, I pushed the buttons so the gears could be adjusted, something snapped and it came apart. First purchase I've made from Amazon that is unsatisfactory.
on December 10, 2014
it's really not half bad! It held my G.P.S. for a good long time! However, of course, after a while, the suction cup would stop sticking and would just plain fall off my window while I'm driving. As an addiction to the suction cup losing grip after a while, the lock flap in which you use to REALLY push the cup onto your window so it stays on tight, completely broke as well. And I think that was a lot of the problem really. I was very pleased to see the lock flap on the cup at all for that USUALLY means a nice, tight hold. For this, that was the fact for a while, but ONLY a while.

The only other "problem" I can see somebody else having but did not bother me really at all, is that the frame in which holds your G.P.S. in, was a little loose. So, your G.P.S. would SORT OF slide around as you drive. But it really was not the end of the world nor a danger to my driving at all. Just a side note of something I could see annoying somebody after purchase is all.

I can't say I am 100% disappointed with it, but it's not the best thing I've ever used. It just really didn't last much more then a few months. Over all really, it's okay. It's simply one of those "you get what you pay for" sort of deals.
on September 20, 2011
I bought this Garmin Car Mount for a Garmin 1450 model. When placing the GPS into the unit the top clip actually covers the top portion of the GPS, that displays the name of the upcoming street name. You can place unit farther forward so that it isn't covered but as soon as you push screen to select menu, etc unit will slide back. This particular Garmin model doesn't sit well into this particular car mount, even though it is adjustable for larger units it doesn't adjust to such a thin unit. When pushing buttons on GPS unit also shifts back and forth on the side that doesn't have the power cord.

I bought this car mount to mount GPS onto my dashboard, but was unable to stick the mounting disc onto my dash. GPS was actually too top heavy, and disc adhesive wasn't strong enough to hold disc, even without the unit attached. I decided to use car mount attached to windshield instead, since I wanted to be able to use my new GPS right away. It attached itself so tight that it was extremely hard to remove.

All in all I wouldn't recommend this particular car mount for the model GPS. Perhaps it works better on larger GPS units.
on April 1, 2013
I'll be attending my daughter's out-of-state graduation requiring flight/rental car. I have a built-in GPS in my car. I've purchased a number of the Garmin GPS units including the Nuvi in the past, so decided to buy another to use with the car rental. I purchased this mounting unit (and one other) - but like all such, have discovered that one size doesn't always fit every situation. I dislike attaching anything to a windshield, so will reserve final judgment until after the 'rental-car' adventure to see how this goes. I do like that part of the unit that actually grips the Nuvi - that seems sturdy enough.
on April 28, 2015
I bought this based on other reviews, which were positive. My experience, less so.
No box--just three pieces of plastic in bubble wrap included with the shipping box for the Garmin Nuvi I purchased. No instructions, but figured out how to use it.
Feels cheap (well, it was only 13 bucks) and does not hold the device snugly, and doesn't really 'lock" the device in place. Looks like the picture, but wow is it big.
Biggest gripe which lead to a 1 star rating--the vent clip--yes, it locks on tightly--but be warned--it is locked on forever---there is no way to get it off without breaking either the mount or (more likely) the vent on your car--that is what happeend to me. So a trip to my dealer is in my future, to fix a broken vent. I was super-careful in trying to remove too, did not just pull it off. Simply no way to remove--cannot access the back of it once it is clipped on to vent. Completely unacceptable.
on January 11, 2014
I didn't know my Garmin GPS had something similar in it, or I wouldn't have purchased this product. But, I found it had a vent clip that my Garmin doesn't have. This allows me to connect not only to dash or windshield, but any vent in the car. I like this, because there is a vent closer to the driver than there is a flat dash area. And I can't put it closer on the windshield, because it would be in my line of vision. That vent mount comes in handy.

I gave it 5 stars, but the vary nature of the manufacture makes it a little bulky. I know that is so it will fit other GPS devices, so I really can't complain. It's made well and has features my Garmin mount doesn't have. While I prefer the Garmin mount because it's smaller (of course that's because it was only made to fit the Garmin), if I didn't have the Garmin mount, this product would be quite satisfactory, especially the vent clip option, which I do use.

By the way, the suction cup works fine. I haven't even taken the protective plastic paper off, yet. I can imagine it would work even better without that. So far, I've only used it on my dash. I haven't used it on my windshield. Maybe that would require me taking that protective plastic sheet off.

I don't know for sure, but it looks like it could also be used for other things, like phones or even iPads. Don't quote me on that, but it is pretty versatile. This is worth the money I paid for it.
on July 13, 2015
No instructions, cheap, kept falling off the dashboard. My back was against the wall, we had to fly from NJ to FL to pick up our car that had 5k damage 2 weeks ago. I was guessing the mount I had would cause problems getting through security at the airport. This looked like it would be a better choice and pass security easier. I tried it the day I got it and it feel off the dashboard 3 times in the first half hour of using it at home. I trashed it and took the one I was concerned about and as expected I spent 20 minutes getting it thru security.

If I had instructions and more time to fool with it, it might have worked. But I could not risk using it.
on December 13, 2012
as so many sellers are doing now this comes with no packaging. bought two of these to go with gps i am giving as Christmas gifts. not only is there no packaging you can wrap - it just comes wrapped in bubble wrap- there are no instructions and lots of parts. so unless you already know everything there is to know about this mount i would not recommend buying. see if you can find someone who still believes in customer service not getting away with the cheapest way they can to do things.
on May 7, 2015
I follow the pink line everywhere and feel very comfortable in unfamiliar areas. Love the traffic delay warnings. Take alternate routes to get around traffic problems. Travel a lot and would be "lost" without it. ETA is very helpful when meeting some one. Speed limit and current speed is also very helpful. Do not have to take your eyes off the road to check speed. Just a glance to the right and you get all the information you need. Love it, even though I have in car navigation system. Much easier to program. Lifetime updates means I never have to purchase anything at an extra charge.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.