- File Size: 1207 KB
- Print Length: 554 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0986096954
- Publisher: MPSmith Publishing; 1 edition (October 31, 2015)
- Publication Date: October 31, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B017G8C1WS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #961,288 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$18.95|
Save $14.96 (79%)
Mount Haven (Thin Blue Line Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The cast of characters includes the injured retiree, his serving brother and family, people hiding from their pasts, psychopaths, and a smattering of others, who all play a part in the interconnecting drama. Let us not forget the retired cop’s sidekick, Knight, an ex-cop K9.
The various aspects of the tale are cleverly interwoven to maintain a steady pace and hold the reader’s interest.
For my taste, the tale was longer than necessary, and a couple of points prevent me from awarding five stars, but judging from other reviews, I am in the minority, so there would be little point in highlighting my misgivings here.
If you like to be taken on a rollercoaster journey with a wide variety of well-developed characters, including the bad guys, then this story is for you.
Characterisation and development was spot on. Rowdy is a great character, his life style and choices and scenarios he finds himself in are all believable. Secondary characters are given the exact same treatment and details and mannerisms of each individual have been well thought out and planned.
When I looked at the categories and saw 'Romance' I hesitated before clicking the buy button. I am dubious about this genre in books but the blurb did draw me in. I shouldn't have worried. The 'romance' wasn't what I imagined it to be even though it is in the sub-category. Melanie P Smith treated and wrote it so differently from other authors I have read. The love interest of Rowdy isn't predictable like most romances I have came across, the author's main character questions his own interest and feelings and makes the reader pause for thought - Example - It was better to not have her in the first place. So why did that feel so wrong? - This is excellent writing to draw the reading audience in and make them think.
I shall be reading more from Melanie P Smith.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense