Car Mount for iPhone 5 OtterBox Defender Case
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Compatible with the iPhone 5 Otterbox Defender case only.
- Unobstructed camera design allows for vehicle video recording.
- Dual Mounting positions allow for windshield or dashboard application.
- Can be used in a horizontal or vertical position.
- Will not work with any other case/phone, for iPhone 5 OtterBox Defender only.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
This unique vehicle navigation mount is custom made to fit your iPhone 5 in an OtterBox Defender Case without the need to remove your OtterBox Defender case. This mount is made to the highest quality standards, with extreme suction, premium polycarbonate material that is made to last for years. This mount is precisely engineered to securely lock into multiple viewing angles. Design to have an unobstructed camera allowing for video recording while the vehicle is in motion, making it great for not just navigating but a variety of other uses. Car Charger not included.
- Custom Fit for iPhone 5 OtterBox Defender Case
- Secure Extreme Suction: Will not slip from window
- Multiple viewing angles: Mount on windshield or dashboard
- Vertical or Horizontal Position
- Unobstructed Camera for video recording.
Listing includes Car Mount only, By: Encased Tech
OtterBox Case not included.
This item has no affiliation with OtterBox Products Inc.
Top customer reviews
(UPDATE) 8/27/14. [Minus one star: because I needed to provide my DIY fix & material for the "cut corner" the manufacturer took by providing a cheap & worthless adhesive pad.]
OK, I've been using this mount for a few months now. Here's what everyone needs to know:
Overall, this phone mount works well, however, requires a pre-installation fix, if you're planing on using the mounting disc.
The double-sided adhesive pad provided, intended to 'bond' the mounting disc to your dash, is pure garbage.
I guarantee you it will fail and dump everything on the floor or in your lap. (Amazingly though, it is a thorough PITA remove once you've discovered its junk)
Do yourself a HUGE favor and throw away the provided adhesive pad before using it and go to the hardware store to score some high quality double-sided tape - use that instead.
1) The double sided tape is not strong enough that came with it. In a warm car, it literally fell off the dash. Also, I noticed that if i hit a decent pothole, it would fall off too because the phone is pretty heavy with the case. But this is an easy fix, I just replaced the bad tape with new automotive double sided tape, and it's like it's glued to the dash now, that thing is never coming off.
2) I use mine in portrait mode, and I noticed that when i slide the phone into the case, the two lips of the holder have started to scratch the case a bit, and causing marks on it. But this can be easily fixed by rounding off the edges. My case is a bit older on the phone and is bowed in the corners so that might be a reason why this is happening too, but honestly, it really doesn't matter to me.
But overall, it does exactly what I want it to do, so if you have an iPhone 5 with an Otterbox Defender, then this holder is for you!
I have tried many different car mounts in the past and was disappointed time and time again. Either the phone did not fit properly in the mount or the suction cup was too weak. Thankfully neither is the case with this the Encased mount. The phone fit perfectly with a slot for both cameras to enable the device to be used as a dashboard camera. In addition, the mount attached securely to my windshield and didn't budge while driving over rough surfaces.
The mount feels sturdy and well-made and can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally. For $25, I am very happy with my purchase and can safely say that this will get quite a bit of use for years to come.