Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 24, 2014
This mount holds my iPhone 5s/Otterbox Defender as advertised. Best suction cup ever! We'll see how it holds up over time...

(UPDATE) 8/27/14. [Minus one star: because I needed to provide my DIY fix & material for the "cut corner" the manufacturer took by providing a cheap & worthless adhesive pad.]

OK, I've been using this mount for a few months now. Here's what everyone needs to know:

Overall, this phone mount works well, however, requires a pre-installation fix, if you're planing on using the mounting disc.

The double-sided adhesive pad provided, intended to 'bond' the mounting disc to your dash, is pure garbage.
I guarantee you it will fail and dump everything on the floor or in your lap. (Amazingly though, it is a thorough PITA remove once you've discovered its junk)

Do yourself a HUGE favor and throw away the provided adhesive pad before using it and go to the hardware store to score some high quality double-sided tape - use that instead.
on June 16, 2015
This mount comes with a plug to plug into any USB port/connection and a short wire that also plugs in to your phone. It has the right connection for my iPhone 5s. The wire with the USB connection easily long enough to reach my USB car charger which I plug into my cigarette lighter in my car. I attached it directly to my windshield using the suction cup and it hasn't come off even when we had temperatures over 100 degrees and some below 40 degrees. The knobs that help hold it at the angle you want do tend to loosen some times but I just move it back to where I want it and re-tighten the knobs. You can keep your phone in a vertical or horizontal position. Overall this unit is exactly what I wanted and I'm very happy with it!
on October 25, 2014
This was my first car mount I bought for a phone, and after finding this one that actually fit my phone with my Defender case on, I had to get it because i never bought one thinking that i would have to take the case off. The construction is very strong, at least for the holder itself. The lock is strong too so it doesn't pivot when hitting a crack in the road. I did see two flaws however:

1) The double sided tape is not strong enough that came with it. In a warm car, it literally fell off the dash. Also, I noticed that if i hit a decent pothole, it would fall off too because the phone is pretty heavy with the case. But this is an easy fix, I just replaced the bad tape with new automotive double sided tape, and it's like it's glued to the dash now, that thing is never coming off.

2) I use mine in portrait mode, and I noticed that when i slide the phone into the case, the two lips of the holder have started to scratch the case a bit, and causing marks on it. But this can be easily fixed by rounding off the edges. My case is a bit older on the phone and is bowed in the corners so that might be a reason why this is happening too, but honestly, it really doesn't matter to me.

But overall, it does exactly what I want it to do, so if you have an iPhone 5 with an Otterbox Defender, then this holder is for you!
on June 19, 2017
High quality item w/ impressive packaging. Very cool that you do not have to remove the Defender case. However, I bought it for the sole purpose of taking in-car track video w/ the phone mounted on the windshield, and there is no configuration that does not have the mount in the picture. It just doesn't articulate adequately. I gave in and installed the stick-on mounting surface on the dashboard and it works fine in that fashion.
on March 22, 2017
At the bottom, the fit is too tight and fidgety. At the top, the latch's retention is sloppy. Surprising, because the defender case is built to "snap" neatly into its (incredibly simple) belt holster, so why can't it snap positively into this (rather complicated) car mount? This product's attempt at retaining a Defender case is an over-engineered failure.
on July 17, 2017
Perfect. Well made. All kinds of adjustments. I mounted mine to the dashboard of my Mustang to listen to my iTunes and for navigation. Nice having a product designed just for the OtterBox iPhone protector.
on March 11, 2017
The car mount is rugged, fits my iPhone SE (same case as the 5S) perfectly and isn't a pain to snap in place like some of the others that I've used. Large, sticky suction cup keeps it glued to the window with no problem. It hasn't fallen off once yet. It's solidly made and I'm sure will endure sun and random abuse that I will probably subject it to. Came quick with Prime!
on May 26, 2016
Fits the iPhone SE in the Otterbox Defender case perfectly! Mount to the windshield is strong and easy to attach. Well made and sturdy, phone doesn't move at all. I would give it 5 stars but it just needs one small tweak - when the phone is in the holder laying on its side it would be better if the phone fit so the power and earphone cables came out on the right side as your looking at it. That would keep the wires away from the radio buttons, etc depending on your car. If you connect via Bluetooth its not much of a problem. Overall great product.
on July 22, 2014
One day I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if there were a car mount to hold my iPhone 5S housed in an Otterbox Defender. Sure enough, a quick Amazon search led me to this product.

I have tried many different car mounts in the past and was disappointed time and time again. Either the phone did not fit properly in the mount or the suction cup was too weak. Thankfully neither is the case with this the Encased mount. The phone fit perfectly with a slot for both cameras to enable the device to be used as a dashboard camera. In addition, the mount attached securely to my windshield and didn't budge while driving over rough surfaces.

The mount feels sturdy and well-made and can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally. For $25, I am very happy with my purchase and can safely say that this will get quite a bit of use for years to come.
on November 28, 2015
This mount is designed specifically for the iPhone 5 in an Otterbox Case. It works great. I use the windshield suction cup mount and it is easy to attach and holds very firmly. It also has a tab on the suction cup which also makes it easy to remove. The phone with Otterbox Case clips into the mount securely and is easy to insert and remove from the mounting bracket. The adjustments allow it to be swiveled into whatever position gives you the best view, and then the adjusting knobs are tightened to keep it in place. This is a great product, allowing me to use my iPhone as a GPS navigation device.