Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 3, 2012
I love this thing! We attached it to our valco baby matrix stroller (which is not one of the strollers that the company lists as compatible). My three year old is obsessed with it! It is easy to hitch and unhitch from the little gadget that holds scooter to the stroller, easy to store in the trunk, easy to assemble! It handles bumps and grooves in the pavement with ease and is my dream come true at the mall. I have used it a lot and still loooooove it. I also find it doesn't bother me when I am pushing the stroller as it attaches to one side and takes up little room. Only thing I don't like is that it's not a great scooter--it doesn't turn well and I find the kids fall more often when using it at opposed to our mini kick scooter (such a great little scooter!!!).
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 22, 2014
Flexibility of this accessory makes it easier to adjust from being the only one in the stroller to being the big brother or big sister.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2011
My 2.5 yr old son loves the freerider, it's utra stable for a learner to use and excellent as a buggy board. I love the handle for him to hold onto while in buggy board mode, something other boards sadly lack. However it's impossible to steer as a scooter. OK for now while he's learning but he has to stop, get off and 'repoint' it then scoot. I'm looking at changing his scooter for a Mini Micro/Mini Kick for that reason. It's an awesome (albeit slightly awkward) buggy board though, it gets lots of compliments from strangers, no complaints from the rider or struggle to get him on it and much easier on your back than dragging him on a scooter when he gets tired. I just wish it had the option to actually steer as a scooter, then it would be perfect.
77 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 28, 2014
Great product design guys at Mountain Buggy!

Anyone having trouble with it, seriously read up about it and watch the videos first (ideally before you bought it).

Steers like a skateboard with a scooter handle - i.e. it needs its board to be that flexy to make the truck twist when the rider shifts weight for turning. Only difficulty with this is out of the box it comes way tight - does not budge at all; you have to loosen the nut on the kingpin with a spanner and it is suddenly steerable!

My nearly 3yo loved it on first shopping outing last weekend - but hasn't had a go on it freeriding yet since I loosened the truck (that's for this weekend ahead, cause I'm only allowing that when we make the time to practice in open obstacle free space, with helmet on - and the knee/elbow pads that just arrived today.) His preference straight off is to hold onto the Terrain's cross-bar while riding Freerider as buggyboard (cause he's a tall kid, the geometry works better for him that way); so I can detach the handle bar, and tuck it away - and let 8mo have a bit of a lie down.

The Freerider does change the dynamic of pram steering - massively.. (just like other buggyboards with a 10-20kg kid onboard) That should not surprise anyone, and it is actually super-fun when you get used to it. I'm 6'4 and it took half hour of navigating a mall to get used to walking off-centre and handling the different dynamic. But pushing our first pram at all to start with took a long time to get used to ;-p then pushing our Mountain Buggy Terrain was different again!

Also note it very clearly states 20kg maximum rider weight. That has a tiny tolerance margin - but it is by design for the axle, board flex and rear wheel in buggyboard mode combined dynamics to work and not break anything.

I also got a connector kit for our small pram, Mammas n Papas Urbo - the kit does fit it, but yeah the connector is huge on such a smallish stroller, and in the way when folded, and kicked often when left on but not having the Freerider attached. (Not a suprise - I wasn't expecting it to be magically disappear when not in use... I was lucky it even fit the Urbo, since it wasn't one of the listed compatible strollers - but a worthwhile $20 gamble.)
on September 14, 2012
Be prepared to get asked "where did you get that" every time you take this out. It's a great product that allows your stroller to grow with your family. The kids always ask to take the scooter stroller. It's solves the problems that a double wide has. It manouvers easily and folds out of the way when not in use.
on September 13, 2012
I recently gave birth to my third baby. I go around with my 3 month old in the carrycot of my due, my 2 yr old next to him and my 5 year old rides the freerider attached to my duo!! It's amazing how much he loves it and makes our walks home from a school quick and easy! I have been purchasing Mountain Buggy products for the last years and have had nothing but great experiences! Thank you Mountain Buggy for making my travels safe, easy and fun for my kids!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.