- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 6.2 x 7 inches ; 2.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000M7V1F4
- Item model number: 30-584
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (77 customer reviews)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mountain House Pilot Crackers #10 Can
|Price:||$11.09 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$13.90 (56%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Can handle the rigors of backpacking
- A great staple for your emergency food kits
- Each of our cans has a protective enamel coating inside and out (including the lid), for double protection. Making it airtight.
- Made in the USA
- 30 Year Taste Guarantee
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Mountain House, Pilot Crackers — #10 Can
Pilot bread crackers are the perfect delicious addition to any long-term food storage. They will last for many years and go well with every entrée offered by Mountain House. Eat them with our stews, or top with our cottage cheese! They are also a great snack for camping.
● Contains 62 Crackers
Who is Mountain House?
For nearly 50 years, Mountain House adventure meals have consistently been the premier choice of campers, backpackers, and survival experts. Born out of freeze dried meals we make for the United States Special Forces, Mountain House food has a proven history of reliability and most importantly, delicious flavor.
With just-add-water preparation and no-mess cleanup, Mountain House is not only the perfect camping or backpacking food, but also for keeping on hand just in case of an emergency. Additionally Mountain House meals have incredible shelf life. With the longest proven shelf life in the industry and a guarantee to taste virtually indistinguishable from new for 12+ years in pouches and 25+ years in cans, Mountain House is the perfect emergency preparedness or survival food to keep on hand.
From the bottom of the deepest ocean, to the tops of the tallest mountains, to the battlefield and back, Mountain House is the food people trust when failure is not an option. Consistently chosen as the best tasting food among outdoor and survival brands, Mountain House is the best camping, backpacking and survival food money can buy.
Mountain House Meals are Perfect for:
- Emergency Preparedness
- Occasional Everyday Use
|Item Dimensions||7 x 6.25 x 6.25 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.75 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.7 pounds|
Crisp, buttery pilot bread crackers are great for snacking or a crunchy side for soups or pasta entrees.
California Prop 65 WARNING: Many cans containing foods and beverages have epoxy linings used to avoid microbial contamination and extend shelf life. Lids on jar and caps on bottle may also have epoxy linings. Some of these linings can leach small amounts of Bisphenol A (BPA) into the food or beverage. BPA is a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Top customer reviews
As far as the product I like them. Fresh (when you open the can) and not hard or chewy like some I've had. Light on the salt but still has the same saltine cracker taste. I'd say they would work for hor d'oeuvres as good as any other could.
Having said that, there is a *ton* of crackers in that box - it's filled to the brim. And each cracker is fairly substantial and tasty, serving as a great substitute for bread if topped with something like canned meat - or freeze-dried condiments (Augason Farms has a very nice selection to pick from). So, while the cost-benefit ratio is still not very clear-cut, MH pilot crackers are probably not an outrageous choice.
1) As a side dish for soups, or freeze dried meals. Since freeze dried foods have a monotonous texture the crackers will give your meal a much needed crunch.
2) As a bread substitute when you won't be able cook. For a long term emergency, look for cheese in a can from Australia (Bega) or be sure to have peanut butter, sunbutter, or tuna on hand. I buy small cans of pickle relish and mayonnaise to go with the tuna so I always have something ready to make a tuna salad. I usually always also have fresh onions and celery as well as freeze dried on hand to make a simple tuna salad.
Trust Mountain House for tasty camping and emergency meals with a long shelf life.
If you don't plan to eat these crackers when they arrive, avoid the temptation to open the can to look at them.
Will buy again and attempt not opening.
Most recent customer reviews
The container says these need to be eaten immediately or at least within a week.Read more