Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mountain Khakis Men's Original Mountain Pant Relaxed Fit, Freestone, 40x32
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Size: 40W 32L|Color: Freestone|Change

on December 28, 2012
First let me say that the MK pants that I own are awesome. However, over the past 2 months I have ordered 6 pairs of the original pant from two different retailers and none of them have fit correctly. No this isn't an issue with ordering the wrong size. I'm a solid 34x32. The first pair I ordered was a 34x32 and they fit great in the waist, but the length was almost 4" off. The retailer sent me another pair as a replacement and the length was perfect, but the waist was way off. I measured the waist and it was a 31 at best. I called the retailer and they sent me two pairs, that I agreed to hopefully get it right this time. They sent me another 34x32 and a 36x32. The 34x32 again were way small in the waist and measured at 31 1/2", and the 36x32 were more like 36x36. I sent them back without hassle and the retailer paid for the shipping, and they notified me that MK had a miss marking issue. I just received 2 pair of 35x32 ordered through amazon, and the sizing again was bad. This time the length was spot on with both pairs, but the waists both measure at 32".

MK pants are quality fabric, and if you can find a pair that fits than you'll have a great pair of pants. But I highly suggest that you only buy them in the store where you can try them on. Because the cut / sew house producing the pant for MK has some serious QC issues.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
I have several pair of MK pants, and while I love the fabric and utility of these pants, the inconsistent sizing and construction is a real down side. Two pair of MK pants that are the same type and same size ought to fit identically, right? NO WAY. They may be shorter, longer, have as much as 1" difference in the waist, be a bit fuller in the leg, etc. The QC of the construction of these pants (and don't let MK fool you, they are NOT made in the USA -- they use cheap overseas labor) is apparently non-existent. The sizing is so randomly inconsistent, I'll probably need to start looking at some of MK's competitors to see if someone makes similar pants and actually cares about quality construction.
on September 7, 2011
I've bought several pairs of Mountain Khakis from local stores priced anywhere form $70 - $85 dollars without any problems of how they fit. That said, I thought I'd found a great deal buying these pants for the price but beware...these are the strangest fitting pair of pants I've ever owned. They are in fact, "Mountain Khakis" however, they seem to be the same quality as a pair bought from "TJ Max" or any other off the rack discount store. That is one that has the name brand but with "defects".

I ordered my pair of 33 X 32 expecting the same 33 X 32 I've bought over the years from my local outfitter. Instead I received a pair of 3? X 3?. I'm not even sure if there is a size description that fits what I received. The crotch of the pair I received end somewhere around the middle of my leg, they feel like a 31 1/2" waist even though the tag inside the waist band clearly says 33 X 32, and the length seems to be somewhere in the 34" - 35" range.

All said, Mountain Khakis are fantastic pants, just don't take the bait on a pair that seem to be a price that seems to good to be true, because it usually is.
on February 9, 2010
I bought these when they were heavily discounted. For the price I paid, I'm happy with them. They have a very loose cut compared to what I'm used to, but you'll appreciate it if you want them to hang over your muck boots. They would still pass for casual attire in a lot of places. Stitching is on par with Carhartt, which means the fabric will wear out before the seams do. Pockets are reinforced to accommodate clip knives and multitools, which is cool. Fabric appears to be identical to the lighter-weight Carhartt stuff, meaning that I would wear them if I was raking leaves or on a long hike, but not if I was clearing brush or framing a house, so if you want ruff 'n tuff work pants, these ain't it. For super-heavy-duty pants that are comparably-priced, try a certain high-end work wear company from, ahem, Duluth.
on September 8, 2007
These are cotton duck, substantial and durable, but they are cool to wear in warmer weather.
on December 2, 2014
I've had Amazon ship me 3 pairs of these pants, each one had different problems. One pair was perfect in the waist but wasn't long enough. The next pair was WAY too long but fit well in the waist. The last pair was the perfect length, but the waist was too tight. I'm not sure who does quality control on these pants, but they should be fired. I had to return all 3 pairs and I won't order more.
on October 12, 2013
I have had several pairs of Mountain Khakis shorts and trousers, and they have been uniformly awesome. The extra pocket is great for storing my cell phone so that it's protected from the other stuff in my pockets.
Also, I have had no problems with variances in their sizing (amongst 2 models of shorts and 3 models of trousers) causing me to have to return products: So far, I can order with confidence knowing that the same size will always fit me. Few clothing manufacturers can pull this off; kudos to M. Khakis for their consistency in manufacturing.
Update 12Mar2016: The front pockets wore out way before the rest of the fabric; also happened on a couple of other pairs, so I have deducted one star. I would have deducted two stars, but Mountain Khakis has been very responsive and offered me a discount on a replacement pair. They have also assured me that the problem with the front-pocket material has been resolved, so I am ordering a second pair based on the fact that I otherwise love these pants.
on November 8, 2014
I've never worn pants like this before, but they feel like they're tougher than my Wrangler or Carhartt jeans. I've worn these with a dark green collared shirt to work. A couple people called me out on looking like a 3rd world dictator, but that doesn't detract from the quality of these pants.

These are very comfortable, warm, and tough. I'll probably get more.
on September 14, 2014
Stiff material and too long. I noticed they were too long right away but knew they'd shrink in the wash so I kept them. They did shrink in length a little, but were still too long. The cut of the side pockets is weird too, it's squared off - might be great if I carried a tape measure clipped to my pocket all day. They seem durable though.
on May 4, 2016
Awesome khaki's very thick canvas material. Also excellent is the right hand pocket, it's perfectly suited to "clip-it" and Spyderco knives carried in the proper fashion. Look great when ironed and are good for office environs as well as outdoors. Cotton feels pretty good and the sizing has been consistent for me. I try to pick them up when they are on sale, as they are a bit steep at regular retail especially considering they are manufactured in China. I don't like paying a premium for that. MK if you outsource, you can't keep the premium price you charged when they were made in domestically!