Other Sellers on Amazon
Mountain Woods 15 X 12 Acacia End Grain Cutting Board
|Price:||$29.18 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.77 (19%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Handsome large cutting board made of rich, dark acacia wood; Decorative end grain design also provides extra durability; Handles are routed in the ends of the cutting board make it easy to lift and move around your kitchen; Features a generously sized juice groove on one surface; Both sides of the board are suitable for chopping and slicing; Protected with a food safe finish
- Made from plantation grown acacia hardwood, one of the most popular woods world-wide due to its versatility, function, beauty, and sustainability
- Originating from one of the largest acacia wood plantations in Asia, Mountain Woods acacia products are farmed using responsible and environmentally friendly forestry practices
- With over half a century of experience in design and manufacturing of gourmet kitchenware, Mountain Woods is unsurpassed in their pursuit of bringing timeless, quality pieces to your home that are created by highly trained artisans and craftsman
- Measures 19"(long) by 13"(wide) by 1.5"(thick)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Mountain Woods 15 X 12 Acacia End Grain Cutting Board
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Hardwood Chef||Mountain Woods||Amazon.com||Enjoy Products|
|Item Dimensions||13 x 20 x 0.5 in||14 x 20 x 1.25 in||1.75 x 16 x 12 in||12 x 15 x 2 in||15 x 8 x 0.25 in||9.38 x 10.63 x 1.94 in|
|Material Type||wood||wood||Acacia wood||wood||Wood||Bamboo|
Handles are routed in the ends of this generously sized cutting board making it easy to grip and move around your kitchen. Features a generously sized juice groove on one surface. Both sides of the board are suitable for chopping and slicing, saving clean-up time. Your knife will require less sharpening because wooden cutting boards are less dulling than synthetic cutting boards. Our cutting boards are protected with a food safe finish. Measures 19"(long) by 13"(wide) by 1.5"(thick). *Care Instructions: This product is not suitable for the dishwasher. To clean, simply wash in warm, soapy water and towel dry. Do not allow wood products to soak in water. Rub with olive or vegetable oil to keep wood from drying out.
Top Customer Reviews
The quality is much better than I expected for the price that I paid ($25). My wife said it was kind of heavy, but I didn't really think so, so YMMV. The fluid groove at the edge is nice for keeping liquids from getting all over the counter top. I read from other reviews that this board is unseasoned, so I treated it with some good board oil (from Boos). It absorbed quite a lot (I treated it 5 times before it stops absorbing all the oil!) I've used it for a while now and there has been no cracks and such. The end grain makes me feel better when I use my somewhat expensive knives, knowing that it will preserve the blade better.
All in all, for the price, this is an excellent board.
The board is made of a very hard wood. It has a dark coloring, and I think this causes the cut marks to show up. Using a good mineral oil (we alternate with coconut oil) seems to diminish the obvious signs of the cut marks. The boards made out of softer wood have less noticeable cut marks. I am okay with a cutting board showing cut marks. It just means we enjoy using the board.
The grooves are nice and rounded and easy to rub the mineral oil into. The handles are good as well. Flipping it over, the board is nice and even. So it works well for the times you need a smooth sided board.
Cuts do show up in the wood as they will on any cutting board but a little mineral or cooking oil will reduce how much they show as well as preserve the wood and extend the cutting board's life.
As far as I can tell the quality of this board is on par some of the more expensive boards. Seams are flush and there are no separations in the wood at all. If I was to list one negative about the board it would be that the under side of the board is a tad uneven (thicker in the middle?) and it doesn't sit completely flat on my counter causing it to want to spin a little. But it might be that my counter is the issue. We put a silicone pot holder under it to stop this. Other than that it's perfect!