Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
Mountainsmith Kit Cube Micro Camera Bag
FREE Shipping on orders over $25—or get FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made from 500d S-Kodra High Tenacity Nylon
- Interior - 5-Inch H x 6-Inch W x 3.5-Inch D
- Roll top with side release buckle closure
- Removable padded compartment with internal dividers for custom camera carry
- Fits Mountainsmith backpacks and most other manufacturers to create camera bag out of virtually any bag
- Organizes and protects camera gear for any commute, travel, or backcountry adventure
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Fabric Type||Made from 500d S-Kodra High Tenacity Nylon|
|Item Dimensions||6.5 x 4 x 5.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.37 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.4 pounds|
The padded protection of the Kit Cube Micro can create a camera bag out of just about any pack or luggage piece. Roll-top collar enables fast access so you won't lose the shot. Ideal for camera, extra lens and flash carry. See specifications for suggestions on recommended camera sizing. Features: Roll top with SR buckle closure Removable padded compartment with internal dividers for custom camera carry Fits Mountainsmith backpacks and most other manufacturers to create a camera bag out of virtually any bag Organizes and protects camear gear for any commute, travel, or backcountry adventure Water resistant exterior fabric panels Details: Bar tack reinforcements 5000mm PU waterproof fabric coating Materials: 500d S-Kodra High Tenacity Nylon 210d Liner Atilon Foam Dimensions: Exterior: 5.5" x 6.5" x 4" (H x W x D) Interior: 5" x 6" x 3.5" Volume: 143 cu. in. / 2.3 L Weight: 5.5 oz / .17 kg
Color: Anvil Grey
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
-I love the flexibility of carrying some of my camera gear in a backpack or messenger bag, while leaving the big, purpose-built camera bag at home. The Micro Cube is small enough to fit into just about any school bag, daypack, or even a large purse.
-The two velcro dividers allow me to customize the (limited) available space.
-The padded compartment can be removed from the roll-top liner. So if I'm using a bag that is unlikely to get upended, I can leave the liner at home and more easily access the camera.
-I have not tested the water resistance of the Micro Cube Bag (if I'm worried about weather, I use a rain fly on my backpack), but the roll-top does snugly hold the contents of the bag.
-The padding is thin. I have used the bag for a couple years now and none of my gear has sustained any damage. However, the dividers and surrounding foam padding is thinner than in my dedicated LowePro bag, and I am not fully confident in the bag's ability to prevent damage given a direct blow or a drop of more than a couple feet.
-Size (see "Capacity" notes below). I did not deduct any stars, given the product's dimensions are accurately listed. However, I will be purchasing a new insert for an upcoming trip, and I am looking for something significantly larger.
-I've found that I can carry two basic configurations with a Sony a6000/a6300 body:
1. The camera body with a small mounted lens (Sony 16-50mm, or Sony 20mm), as well as an unmounted ~3" lens (Sigma 30mm, or Rokinon 12mm). This is a tight squeeze and leaves very little room for any additional gear.
2. The camera body with a mounted 3-4" lens. This configuration leaves ample room for batteries, or other small bits of gear, but doesn't really allow for secure storage of another lens of any size.
3 stars because, not it's fault my camera was too big.