Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
|Price:||$24.02 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- The MT5000-E: Mountek's 5th iteration of its popular nGroove Grip CD slot mount. Now with a rubber dipped nGroove blade for better grip!
- Firmly mounts cell phones, satellite radios, GPS units, MP3 players and more
- Inserts into front loading CD player slot, where device controls are easily accessible by the driver
- Requires NO suction cups, NO clips, NO screws, NO adhesives or glue
- nGroove Grip design allows the MT5000-E to fit thin grooves found in autos, planes, boats & other crafts
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 3.75 inches, 4.75 inches, 4.25 inches
- Weight: 6.08 ounces
From the Manufacturer
Mountek nGroove GRIP
The Inventors of the Original CD Slot Mount. Designed and patented in the USA. Now choose from three unique models.
Slides into front loading CD player slot where device controls are easily accessible by the driver.
1. Slide blade into CD slot
Slide nGroove blade into front loading cd slot or dashboard groove, then turn tightening knob clockwise until mount holds securely.
2. Release device grips
Press button located at the top of cradle and device grips will spring open.
3. Place device and squeeze
Secure device in cradle by gently squeezing grips together.
Removable device rest
Device rest may be removed to allow access to a charge port or to mount a device horizontally. *See example pic at end of product description.
Mountek nGroove GRIP
Meet the MT5000-E, Mountek’s fifth-generation evolution of its proven classic, the nGroove GRIP, featuring a rubber-dipped nGroove blade for even better stability. Safely and securely mount your smartphone, GPS, satellite radio, MP3 player and more in your vehicle with a swiveling, lock-grip mount that fits into your CD slot or dashboard groove without any suction cups, clips or adhesives. Perfectly calibrated to snugly fit without damaging your vehicle.
Safety Starts with You!
nGroove mounts are designed specifically for CD slots or dashboard grooves, the optimal mounting location for driver accessibility and traffic law compliance. When using GPS devices, set your destination address first before starting the car, so that you can give the road your full attention. Thank you for refraining from texting until you're safely parked.
*User discretion is advised for mounting tablets of any size to SNAP series mounts. All vehicle CD slots and dashboard grooves are different across manufacturers and car models. Make sure mount installation holds firmly with no movement before attaching a large device, such as a full-size iPad or Galaxy tablet.
Top Customer Reviews
Today is June 24, 2016. I bought this mount in January of 2011. FINALLY, one of the pads fell off, and the other is a little too crushed to use, so I have emailed Mountek to see if I can get replacement pads. If not, I will buy another one of these without hesitation.
5-1/2 years, folks! This mount has never given me a moment of trouble. There were a few months when I changed cars with my husband and couldn't use it, because it blocked too much of the dashboard. But other than that, I have been using it non-stop, and it has never loosened, never dropped my phone, never come out of the CD player... it is working just as well as the day I bought it. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 6-plus, and I worried that it might be too big and heavy for the mount. NOPE! Works just as well. I'm sure if I can get new pads, this will look like the day I bought it. If not, as I said, I won't hesitate to shell out $20 for a new one.
- - - - - -
I haven't had this too long, but so far I LOVE it! Here's why:
1. I have an iPhone 4 in a nice thick protective case, and the arms on this mount are angled perfectly, and have a nice cushy foam on them, so they close gently but firmly on the sides. Holds the phone perfectly, which my last mount did not.
2. The mount also has a "foot" that my iPhone sits on, and one feature I didn't see mentioned before is that this foot has a wide hole in it, big enough for the charge cord to fit through! On one of my other mounts, I had to leave the phone pushed up high in the holder, and snake the cord up and around the foot. With this one, as long as I've put my phone in straight, I can just push the cord up through the hole and plug it in, without moving my phone at all.Read more ›
This brings us to this cradle, which is genius in its design. If you think about it, most cd player slots are right smack dab in an easy to see and reach spot. My only concern was "how on earth would it get held into place?" The pictures aren't very clear and there isn't much explanation as to the mechanics of it. (I will post some pictures so you can see what I'm about to explain.)
The design is very simple and works like a charm. There is a one inch-ish tab that runs close to the length of the cd slot. It's broken up into 4 tabs and there is a knob you twist after inserting it into the slot. When you turn this knob 2 of the 4 tabs separate from the other two (up and down) making the entire tab "thicker" so it applies some pressure and keeps it held into place. This part that slides into the cd slot (or any other slot you may see on your dash) is made of a soft plastic, but bendable material. It won't hurt your cd player.
There is also access to the bottom of the iPhone so I can charge it while it's sitting in the cradle. The cradle is also adjustable so you can get it pointing at you or your passenger. It simply pivots, no need to screw or tighten anything for this.Read more ›
You notice I mentioned superior customer support. Right out of the box I did have an issue. My 08 VW Rabbit has a very very thin CD slot. The blades would not fit into my deck. I emailed Mountek and got a reponse from a person in <5min. 4 emails and 20 minutes later they had agreed to send me thinner replacement blades to swap out. It is now 4 days later and the new blades have arrived and the mount works perfectly. This is why they got 5 stars even with the compatibility issue.
Why should you buy this mount instead of the standard windshield mount?
1. You can reach the phone. Windshield mounts require you to scooch up in your seat or remove phone to reach.
2. It doesnt obstruct your view through windshield
3. Who uses their CD players anymore anyways. Chances are if you have a smartphone to put in this mount, then you no longer need your CD player. Might as well fill the slot in your dash with something usefull.
4. Good quality. Its made of durable, flexible, heavy plasic. Not that cheap brittle shiny stuff.
5. Amazing customer service
... I could keep going
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very well made and works great. I don't mind paying a little more for a well made product like the Mountek.Published 10 hours ago by David H. Roller
Broke within a month of purchase. Would not recommend to anyone. Very light usage and still broke.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
It did. NOT stay in place. It would come OUT. My husband tried to make it work and it did NOT. I reallllly wanted it to work.Published 2 days ago by Linda A
Worked great for awhile but like others who reviewed the product mine failed to hold a phone. The internal mechanism would not lock into place any longer. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Charles D Slangal
This thing is awesome! Just don't tighten the articulating ball joint, I accidentally broke it :( But I loved it so much I bought another, been a little gentler with that one and... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
Works very well and is very sturdy, holding a GS4 with Otterbox Defender case. The phone holder does not droop over time due to the frames rigid construction.Published 5 days ago by Andy L
I ordered this product for my dad for father's day. It broke within 2 weeks and now I can't return it!
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Read more
Overly complicated mechanical design. Unuseable after 16 months as it stopped holding phone tight. Expensive lesson about not buying/using side grip car phone holder.Published 7 days ago by JayKru