Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon June 18, 2009
This is my first true "luxury" watch, and I have come to really appreciate the precision and engineering that goes into a watch of this caliber. When I first handled the watch, I was really shocked how heavy it felt in my hands and on my arm. Not heavy like a cumbersome weight, but the kind of heaviness that denotes quality and durability. The design of this watch has a simple elegance that also really appeals to me. I struggled between the red face and the more classic black face, but ultimately chose the red face because I felt the black face gave the watch a somewhat generic appearance. The red is certainly more unique in my opinion and stands out more than the black. The black face, of course, will match your clothing and accessories easier than the red face will, if that sort of thing matters to you. I ultimately decided that since my watch is covered by my sleeve the majority of the time I might as well pick a color that appeals to me the most.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
on September 13, 2011
Don't even think about buying one of these watches. I have had one for a little over 3 years and it stopped working. I figured it just needed a new battery. Was I in for a shock! The watch was sent to Movado for a repair estimate and they came back with $320. That is about a third of the cost of the watch. Instead of needing a new battery they say it needs a new movement and a new crown plus a battery. This is a little worn watch that never saw any water or rough treatment. If this is all I can expect from a $1000 Movado watch and a quartz to boot, than I will never have anything to do with Movado again. I have other watches like Breitling and Baume & Mercier and they are pricey to get serviced but they are automatics. In my opinion, Movado is junk and this watch should have lasted more than 3 years. I told them to send it back to me unserviced and I will probably throw it away. Junk that it is....
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 26, 2008
I really enjoy this 800 series watch. It is sturdy yet attractive! The main appeal for me is that it had traditional Movado quality but is a sporty change from the traditional Movado timepiece. The red face stands out boldly and has slight wavy designs on the inside of the face. It is rugged enough to go anywhere.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.